8to12 Rams Mock Draft 2.0 (Post FA)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Free Agency: With a possible Akhelo Witherspoon late period signing, I’m going to Draft without it happening by Draft time.

Trades: I am proposing (2) trade ups

#19 - Laiatu Latu – Edge – UCLA
Laiatu Latu 2023 Full Season Highlights | UCLA EDGE | 2024 NFL Draft Prospect (youtube.com)
1711274211183.jpeg

No explanation needed for the player. He falls to the Rams based on the rare top heavy draft of Offensive players. I think we will see both Verse and Latu drop below the 15 range.

Trade: Rams send #52 & #99 ; Texans send #42

#42 - T’vondre Sweat - NT - Texas
SGF V 3556 Scarcity Location Shoot V2 No CC CV 16x9 was V 3033 (youtube.com)
1711274211197.jpeg

With Aaron Donald retiring, I’m not a fan of trying to replace him with another small statured 3-tech. If the Rams are going to stick with the 3-4, then start by making the NT the best you can get. Let Brown sub in for him at the Nose and bring him in play side-by-side with Sweat on Short yardage downs.

#83 – Jaylen Wright – RB – Tennessee
Can't Stand Cleaning? Try This. You'll Love It! 36-dollar-gadget-AU_1 (youtube.com)
1711274211215.jpeg

As well as the Rams O-line blocks in the running game, allowing almost a league leading 4.5 yards before contact, there aren’t many home run plays in the running. No knock on Kyren, he just isn’t an explosive Back. Wright brings the Home run threat with his 4.35 speed. He is a competent pass catcher and an above average Pass protector.

Trade: Rams send #153 & 2025 4th Rnd ; Titans send #106

#106 - Cam Hart - CB - Notre Dame
Cam Hart Notre Dame Highlights (youtube.com)
1711274211228.jpeg

Hart has the prototypical size to play Boundary Corner ; 6’3” 202lbs – has the requisite speed for the position (4.5/40) and is long. He is good in Zone coverage and is also an asset in the run game. He is a good tackler and adept and busting up blockers in the screen game.

#154 – Jarrion Jones - CB - Florida St
Jarrian Jones 2023 Regular Season Highlights | Florida State DB (youtube.com)
1711274211246.jpeg

Jones brings an element that the Rams CB room has been missing ; Size with athleticism. At 6’0” - 190 lbs, he runs a 4.38/40, was top 85% of all other testing at the Combine. He’s a good open field tackler along with playing well in zone coverage. His best attribute is only allowing a QB rating of 31 when targeted. I think he is one of the Sleepers of the Draft.

#195 - Garrett Greenfield - OT - South Dakota St
B&G Report Happy Hour-SDSU OT Garret Greenfield | Commodes NFL Draft Player Card Series (youtube.com)
1711274211260.jpeg

Greenfield has the traits to take over at RT in the next season or two. He’s 6’6” - 312 lbs, has some explosive testing results ; 38.5 vertical, which was top in class, 113 (c) Broad, 94%tile, 1.77 10yd split (70%tile). Has experience playing on the Left side if needed to play Swing Tackle, but I see primarily as Havenstein’s replacement.

#209 - Jordan Magee - LB - Temple
Jordan Magee Temple Highlights (youtube.com)
1711274211277.jpeg

Magee brings some needed Athleticism to the ILB group. He’s slightly undersized at 6’1” - 230 lbs, but he is explosive ; 4.55/40, 1.54 10yd split...basically 90% + in all his testing. In addition, he is highly rated by PFF with an overall rating of 87.2, which is 7th best. A part of that grade is being great in coverage.

#213 - Gabe Hall - DE/DT - Baylor
Gabe Hall Highlights (youtube.com)
1711274211290.jpeg

Hall is your typical 5T, 3-4 DE... 6’6” - 288 lbs is equally adept at rushing the passer as he is stopping the Run. He can move for a big man... 4.78/40. He will provide an upgrade over Jonah WIlliams in the D-line rotation.

#217 - Jaxon Janke - WR - South Dakota St
Internal VID 0889 1A YT 0847 Bottoms Pants Multi Mashup More 50OFF ENG TT1 JB1 1 (youtube.com)
1711274211308.jpeg

Jaxon Janke is one of twins that played for the Jack Rabbits, his brother Jaden played receiver also and they are almost the same size. Jaxon has a bit more production. He reminds me of Cooper Kupp ; similar size, 6’2”, 210 lbs ... runs a 4.52/40 is explosive in other testing, has great hands, less than an 8% drop rate over his career. Is great with the ball in his hands and has experience returning punts. He can block in the running game, but is average at this point.

#254 - Trey Taylor - Safety - Air Force
Because Voyaging Is Better Than Your Dreams (youtube.com)
1711274211327.jpeg

Taylor is 6’0” - 210 lbs, has good speed and range for the position. Has experience playing as the Star in a 4-2-5 alignment. Very good in coverage. PFF grades him at 82.6 overall, but has a coverage grade of 88.7. should be an upgrade over Russ Yeast. NOTE: winner of the Jim Thorpe Award

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Good effort.

I like the focus on defence and, while I wouldn’t make the trade up for Sweat, I fully understand your reasoning.

Three things, however: it’s going to take more than next year’s fourth round pick to make that trade with Houston; no kicker drafted; no developmental quarterback taken (I assume you think that Bennett I’d coming back at some point).

Still, a very nice draft.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Like day one and three.

But day two ruins it for me.

I see Sweat as a two down run stuffer with weight issues. I really don't believe that he's going to dominate NFL grown men like he has (when not tired) college athletes.

And I heard on a podcast that thanks to their offense, the vast majority of Wright's carries came with limited defenders in the box. If they want to stress speed, I prefer the bigger and perhaps faster Isaac Guerendo.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Man I'd do back-flips with this draft! great effort.
Really need that home-run threat in the backfield with Wright. Dragged defenders. As a 3rd down back, where there should be limited box defenders, he'd tear off a few long ones.
Sweat *can* get better with training, will need to be more athletic, buuutttt.... man he'd look good gettin off the bus.
Good job!

TexasRam

Legend
Would love to see what Latu and Sweat could do.

Sweat could shut shit down. Especially a running team like cough, the niners.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Like day one and three.

I see Sweat as a two down run stuffer with weight issues. I really don't believe that he's going to dominate NFL grown men like he has (when not tired) college athletes.

And I heard on a podcast that thanks to their offense, the vast majority of Wright's carries came with limited defenders in the box. If they want to stress speed, I prefer the bigger and perhaps faster Isaac Guerendo.
I agree with you on Sweat. Not only are there the weight issues but I've heard it reported that he has the weight issues because of a lack of work ethic. That doesn't sound like a McSnead type player.

On Wright and Guerendo, PFF has him ranked first in this class with yards after contact at 4.35. Elite numbers. That may negate the limited defenders in the box charge. Guerendo has been rated as a very poor pass blocker which is not something that McVay has ever drafted.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Like day one and three.

Memphis - I’m making a prediction that Les Snead & The Rams draft a player from Texas.They already have them slotted & scouted coming into The 2024 draft.

Who ever that player is will be of good value.I know they had a lot of talent & Stark didn’t beat teams down like he could’ve.

Like I’m saying is we’ll see.Also add The depth at DT is nice & The Rams drafting a WR early IMO is doubtful.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Solid draft, too bad about Sweat but he can now likely be had a round or 2 later.

TexasRam

Legend
With the Swear DWI this mock has a solid chance of hitting on a few of the picks.