5 Thoughts as Camp Approaches

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Some thoughts for general conversation:

It feels like 4, for sure

We should have 4 solid contributors from our 2024 draft class. And… Anyway you slice it, that’s a good draft.

Then consider there are others, like Kinchens, that could do really well given the opportunity at his position.

This draft looks super solid. Camp opens this week and we’ll start to learn more. Another solid draft, like 2023, opens up a new window for rings!

IMG_8121_compressed_2024_07_21_091913.jpeg

We’re underestimating Kyren Williams

Or at least, I am. Dude was a STUD in 12 games last year. 24yrs old. 1,144yds rushing at 5.0ypc.

I am super glad we have solid depth with Corum, but Kyren… holy geez man. Stud. The oline should be even better, too.

I wonder how much McVay wants to split the carries between Williams and Corum, ideally?

The non-Rams 2024 draft pick I’ll be watching

Brock Bowers

He ended up being my favorite I was rooting for with our first pick. I am interested to see how he “levels up”, and if it happens right away or not.

Don’t get me wrong… I am excited for Verse, particularly now that paired with Fiske from this draft… but I wanted another premium weapon for the offense.

Good luck, Brock. The Raiders haven’t been traditionally the best landing spot.

Is there any player you have your eye on like this?

Evil Thoughts

I can’t stop thinking about it… The demise of the 49’ers! I dunno… it’s always delicious to watch that cocky bunch get their hopes crushed.

Heading into 2024 it all feels “set up to fall”… if they get off to a clunky start or have an early injury or two. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I’m not sure their collective psyche is as durable coming into 2024, as it was 2023.

A top NFL Player I know little about

Myles Garrett

Myles Garrett is the #2 rated Edge Rusher at PFF for 2024 and I rarely see him play. He’s in the AFC. He’s on a team that hasn’t been very good over his NFL career. I have had little reason to watch the Browns.

Is he any good? Don’t ask me!

Anybody feel the same way about a “name player” in the league?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
1. I agree with 4 for sure but I could see this entire draft class contributing in a way that even last years didn't. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

2. Bowers is intriguing and I would love to have added him to our offense but between Verse, Fiske, Tyler Davis and Jackson, not sure we could have done much better for what our needs were.

3. Not sure their collective psyche has ever been that durable. So goes the head coach (and OC), so goes the team. Thinking Shanny may may not be up to the task of following in Daddy's footsteps (trying too hard?).

4. Love Myles Garrett the player. Bit of a hothead but uber talented. If they aren't Rams or Rams' opponents, no reason to watch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've been right about a couple players over the last few years. Kyren and Puka. Kyren took a couple years and I thought Puka would as well. But I really thought the two would be studs for us. I will wait until camp reports before I venture any guesses on the next one - though I'm leaning Fiske.

I didn't really pay much attention to Bowers and tend not to take any deep dives into college players unless we draft them.

I'm really hoping for the whiny little bay bitches to do what they did after their previous SB loss with the exception that they lose both games to us on their way to watching the playoffs from their couches.

I don't pay much attention to non-Rams so I'm not sure I'm really intrigued by any player I'm not familiar with. I do sometimes wonder about other receivers - mainly because it seems every year with McVay, there is the rumor or theory that we should be a team of interest for receiver X. So I guess I'd say maybe this year, that would be Davante Adams. And it's more about seeing how well he does THIS year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes Full speed ahead
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll be surprised if Bowers isn't an elite player in the NFL. Question is how long it takes. Also the Raiders have shit QB production, and Minshew is a bit limited so will he be able to get that offense rolling and more importantly lead that team. They're a really intriguing storyline this year but then they often have a weird mix of talent and coaches. Curious how Getsy performs in that OC role, since that will be key for that staff. If he isn't up to snuff they'll implode quickly, given that division and quality of coaching. They're gonna need to kick ass on the ground to support Minshew.

Our draft should be one of the better hauls in the league. Also I figure Jackson will be felt year one in that Edge rotation. Dude is stout and will help us. Wittington is gonna work his ass off. Limmer could help them flip the bottom of that depth chart. This draft could end up being one of those groups that sets your team up for the next five years.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Our draft should be one of the better hauls in the league. Also I figure Jackson will be felt year one in that Edge rotation. Dude is stout and will help us. Wittington is gonna work his ass off. Limmer could help them flip the bottom of that depth chart. This draft could end up being one of those groups that sets your team up for the next five years.

I’m right there with you on this^^
1) I’m looking forward to seeing Jackson in that rotation. A solid 3rd player on the Edge means relentless pressure. High motor guy with a nose for the ball. I really liked this pick.
2) Remember the role skow played for the Rams? I see Whittington as his replacement—at the very least. He’s not afraid to do what’s necessary—which could mean tackling on STs. As for the few targets skow used to get, while being mostly a blocker, I don’t know why Whittington wouldn’t be able to handle that. It wove from lack of effort.
3) Nabbing Limmer changed the dynamic of this OL in terms of depth. He’s a projected starter at the NFL level. Between him and the versatility of Avila, the inside is set.

Snead has had an uncanny ability to find late round producers and I think the above 3 are gonna be asskickers.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I’m right there with you on this^^
1) I’m looking forward to seeing Jackson in that rotation. A solid 3rd player on the Edge means relentless pressure. High motor guy with a nose for the ball. I really liked this pick.
2) Remember the role skow played for the Rams? I see Whittington as his replacement—at the very least. He’s not afraid to do what’s necessary—which could mean tackling on STs. As for the few targets skow used to get, while being mostly a blocker, I don’t know why Whittington wouldn’t be able to handle that. It wove from lack of effort.
3) Nabbing Limmer changed the dynamic of this OL in terms of depth. He’s a projected starter at the NFL level. Between him and the versatility of Avila, the inside is set.

Snead has had an uncanny ability to find late round producers and I think the above 3 are gonna be asskickers.
1. honestly excited about him too. One or both of Verse / Jackson could move inside on 3rd & longs. :D
2. Whittington & Boston Scott as returners? our return game has been sorely lacking, and with the new rules, we could really use some ST studs.
3. Being 2-deep at Center... that's critical. Been pounding the table for a stud C for a while, and we switch Avila & draft a 1b stud right behind him? perfect.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm approaching it with cautious optimism. We have Verse/Fiske combo for the next 4 years minimum. I think at some point it will be a top tier combo. I just don't know if its their rookie year.

Kinchens I think will be a solid player at some point too. But with guys like Kurl and Lake how much of the field will he see his first year? Corum's ability in pass protection will determine his snaps. If he picks it up quick I can see him playing 40 percent to Kyren's 60. That would be ideal and keep them both fresh for a playoff run. If he has trouble with staying back and picking up blitzers then we'll be leaning on Kyren more. Which would concern me with his injury history.

I like Brennan Jackson for that relentless motor. They have some really high motor guys who will play through the whistle and not take plays off. I can see extra sacks just on effort alone. Hopefully Karty solves our kicking problems for years to come.

49er fans are super high. They believe Purdy is the next Joe Montana. They consider him elite. The numbers might indicate that. But is he really elite? Or is his skill set a good fit for the system and talent around him? What happens when they pay him 50 mil plus next year and the all pro talent around him declines? If I were them I'd be worried that decline starts this year. If Purdy plays less than elite they're gonna be stuck paying a guy elite money but needs better talent to play well. And will be tight against the cap unable to replace the all star talent around him. Dallas is in the same boat with Prescott. You gotta pay them because you know you could do worse and be one of those teams mired in quarterback purgatory.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bowers really did strike me as a can't miss NFL high level performer watching him in college.

I thought the same thing about Kyle Pitts though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bowers really did strike me as a can't miss NFL high level performer watching him in college.

I thought the same thing about Kyle Pitts though.
I think Pitts will be extremely better this season because they finally have a chucker. Also I do not expect much from Bower initially because of the team he plays for. Raiders need a QB first and then we can judge Bowers accordingly.

Merlin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pitts could separate with his athleticism but he was never physical in the way Brockers is. Which is to say Brockers is that rare player who can take an underneath pass and truck DBs, but he can also juke them or outrun them. He can separate vertically like Pitts, so even corners need to be on their toes vs him. Nothing against Pitts of course, who was a hell of a prospect, but his game was not overall as strong as that of Brockers, who can also block when needed.

Every once in a while there's a TE who in the pass game looks like Kupp out there in being able to provide threat in those different ways. Just so happened that last year there was LaPorta who met that criteria and instantly translated. This year's draft there was only Bowers who had that level of polish and raw ability. Basically way I see it is when Kupp came out people looked at him like a slow wideout, but in hindsight the mistake was that he's basically an undersized but elite TE because he does everything an elite pass game TE does at the highest level but can also play out wide for you.

Brockers is a bigger version of Kupp. And he's a better athlete than LaPorta, also more physical with and without the ball. So if he busts I have to say it will be the biggest surprise for many years for me because I think he's about as slam dunk as it can get. Only way he busts is if his head is not in the game for whatever reason, or injury of course, and there were some rumors that he's a weird dude and all that, so of course it is possible he busts. But I'll still be very surprised. He's that good IMO.

Merlin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
49er fans are super high. They believe Purdy is the next Joe Montana. They consider him elite. The numbers might indicate that. But is he really elite?
This is why I want to see that bar raised with our defense. We need to be good enough on that side of the ball to put fuckers like him down in the playoffs. Even in our recent title season the defense had enough weaknesses to where that game was way tougher than it should have been. Way to beat a Ratboy team is lock their run game down and make their QBs hold the ball long enough to shit their pants.

I don't know if our defense will be at that level by the playoffs this year. But if we add offensive balance to the mix and the defense is better then maybe it'll be enough to put them out again. To me quite honestly knocking them out of the playoffs is damn near a Super Bowl win. From there winning it ourselves is a bonus. :laugh4:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
1. honestly excited about him too. One or both of Verse / Jackson could move inside on 3rd & longs. :D

There were times last season when Byron Young was moved inside and played with his hand in the dirt. Now that he’s put on another 10 lbs of muscle, the Rams could put him there with the two rookies on the Edge. Ouch!