5 St. Louis Rams Who Shouldn’t Be Back In 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Here's a case for keeping Scott Wells & it contains some guessing here. If Boudreau has the opinion that Barrett Jones & Tim Barnes have potential to be healthy youthful interior starters in 2014. When I say interior starters I mean both OG posts & Center. Since it's been brought out that Wells could be retained until the last of the pre-season cutdowns to the master 53 roster. Boudreau may go with theses three centers & go into TC & Pre season working Barnes @ OLG & Jones @ ORG to see if they are legit potential starters in these vacant positions. Both TB & BJ know the OL calls & they would help settle down the new drafted rookies.

They will be in TC without & pre season without starting OLT & both OG positions. Having all three Wells-Barnes & Jones including Brandon Washington will assist greatly in this unsettled OL. Rams must find a OLT & a swing OT plus several legit talented OG's to mix in. Keeping a veteran like SW would make good sense in this case.

Thats why I think Saffold is the key to everything. If he resigns you have your starting right side AND a LT until Long is ready to come back without doing anything else in FA or the draft. If he walks, which I think he probably will, an avalanche of needs starts. People are saying cut Dahl and Wells with no mention of Saffold regsigning. That would leave the Rams with Barksdale at RT and a guy with 4 starts at C and one who hasnt seen the field manning one G spot and who knows at the other spots. A case where the Rams are starting 3 rookies (Jones might as well be a rookie) until Long returns is a plan that will ensure another subpar win total in my opinion. If Saffold goes and Dahl is cut in my opinion you can not really cut Wells loose as well. It has less to do with how great or not great Wells is at this point in his careeer it is about being able to put some sort of competitive line out on the field. I think there is a real chance that Saffold will be allowed to walk and neither Dahl or Wells will be released.