49ers are on the decline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This team is due for a sudden slide. They've been in 3 NFC Championship games and are now facing numerous injury issues...aging key players...and an overrated passer.

I see 8-8 in 2014.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This team is due for a sudden slide. They've been in 3 NFC Championship games and are now facing numerous injury issues...aging key players...and an overrated passer.

I see 8-8 in 2014.
Totally agree with you on this.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yep and on top of all that they have guys holding out and the trading Harbaugh rumors. theres just to much going against them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think their defense has lost some key members...Not sure what that OG is gonna do, but I still see a potent offense. I need to see how it washes out by week 4. We should be able to move the ball on them. But their offense still needs to be respected.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think the biggest issue they'll have is the same thing that will be facing the Seahawks this coming off-season. How the hell do you keep all of those players. There really isn't a way to lock up that entire offensive line, Crabtree, Davis and then the guys on defense like Aldon Smith.

Seahawks will feel the pinch once Wilson demands a new deal as well as Chancellor and a couple of their o-linemen.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would like to agree but they are still too deep and motivated. From a motivation standpoint they have come close, the hunger is still there and probably more motivated than most teams because they know they are that close. They are pretty deep in terms of where there injuries are. Quinton Dial and Tank Carradine have been been beasts so far this year. They have more weapons this year with Johnson, old friend B Lloyd and potential with Ellington. The only concern they have right now is the offensive line. They need to get Boone back and Davis should be ready for week 1. It could take a few weeks for the line to gell if they are filling spots with Boone and Davis not getting healthy.

I actually see more holes with Seattle and they seem like a team that likes to read there own headlines.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
They'll still be good, and can win 9 or 10 games. They still have some really good players (Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Navarro Bowman, Eric Reid,) that that can't be taken for granted b/c they are either inexperienced or getting older.

Remember Frank Gore ran all over the youth of the Rams last year.

But I do think this go around the Rams are more than capable of beating them, at least once.

Irish

Starter
They'll still be good, and can win 9 or 10 games. They still have some really good players (Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Navarro Bowman, Eric Reid,) that that can't be taken for granted b/c they are either inexperienced or getting older.

Remember Frank Gore ran all over the youth of the Rams last year.

But I do think this go around the Rams are more than capable of beating them, at least once.

Not a dig at you, but why does Crabtree always get left off of the "really good players" list?

Crabtree would be the number 1 receiver on every team in the division except for Arizona, and his play elevates that "overrated passer" that the OP talks about.

Kaepernick is more than capable, and they added Stevie Johnson to the mix. The 49ers window may be closing, but it is still wide open this year, and with a mobile QB in Kaepernick, a running game that carved the Rams up last year, and a 100% Crabtree the 49ers are going to give teams fits this year, especially the Rams. I don't know that we win either of our games against them this year

Ramatik

Starter
I would like to agree but they are still too deep and motivated. From a motivation standpoint they have come close, the hunger is still there and probably more motivated than most teams because they know they are that close.

I'm not too sure about the "close" part. I mean, how many teams go to the Superbowl, lose, and then fall apart? How many teams get close twice and then fall apart? It happens all the time.

Not getting it done is bad for you.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think the biggest issue they'll have is the same thing that will be facing the Seahawks this coming off-season. How the hell do you keep all of those players. There really isn't a way to lock up that entire offensive line, Crabtree, Davis and then the guys on defense like Aldon Smith.

Seahawks will feel the pinch once Wilson demands a new deal as well as Chancellor and a couple of their o-linemen.

The cocks will probably drop Harvin to help soften the blow on signing Wilson. Although, I don't have time to look up the contracts right now to check out dead money.

Ramatik

Starter
Not a dig at you, but why does Crabtree always get left off of the "really good players" list?

Crabtree would be the number 1 receiver on every team in the division except for Arizona, and his play elevates that "overrated passer" that the OP talks about.

Kaepernick is more than capable, and they added Stevie Johnson to the mix. The 49ers window may be closing, but it is still wide open this year, and with a mobile QB in Kaepernick, a running game that carved the Rams up last year, and a 100% Crabtree the 49ers are going to give teams fits this year, especially the Rams. I don't know that we win either of our games against them this year

You are a bucket of optimism aren't you?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

You're right, but I don't consider Michael Crabtree that type of WR that forces a defensive gameplan to be focused on him. He can be contained. I'm hoping either Trumaine Johnson or even Lamarcus Joyner in the future can be the CB to that.

I think Stevie Johnson is overrated, but that's a topic for another day.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not ready to state that they are in a full steady decline yet. However.....

there are some big things ongoing in Wonderland San Fran....however their best & a tough bona fide all pro class act DL'er will be 35 yrs old when this season begins...much will depend on how well he can hold the line. Last season the Rams were force to line up OLG Chris Williams as the main Ram OL to battle him. The results were not very good. Justin may be the best holding defensive linemen in the NFL with the OLB'er Aldon Smith being the main benefit . Its been said that The refs will be looking for this ongoing constant violations. We will see:cautious:.

This season the Rams have selected a rookie Greg Robinson to rush Justin into retirement....I think we got an edge there! I think that when the Smith duo lines up to run thru our OL as they have in the past they will find Jake Long standing there with a very big smile ......saying "Say hello to my new little friend ".

The loss of two all pro all star LB'ers Aldon Smith & NaVorro Bowman for most of the early part of this season will be very hard to overcome so well ! Can you name me the 9ers starting CB's??? Sam Bradford should chew these CB's up! I do not see any decline in the Offense I even think they will be better in the O than in 2013.

Its the defense where they have big big issues. Rams will get the 9ers @ home in wk 6, this game needs to be a big big win by a wide margin @ home. Rams get the 9ers in wk 9 in San Fran when the 9ers are coming off a bye (not good) Aldon Smith should be fully back by this time. They will be Ram slaughter mode after the big loss back in wk 6.We should rise to the occasion and start their decline mode then in week 9!

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd love to say the 49ers window has closed. But the truth is, they're a talented team. They may not be better than last year, but last year was pretty good. The window will close soon. And locking up a QB to a big contract who may not be one of the better passers in the league might come back to haunt them. But right now they are a legit contender. They don't need an elite QB to win. Neither do the Seahawks.

I love what Fisher and Snead have been doing. I think when it all comes together the Rams will be a powerful team built to last. But that might not be this year. I think 2015 is our year. That is when these young guys we got from the big trade will be entering their 2nd, 3rd and 4th year. That is when some guys will have already figured things out and other guys will start to figure things out. Coincidentally, it will also be when the window for the 49ers and Seahawks start to close.

Ramatik

Starter
You're right, but I don't consider Michael Crabtree that type of WR that forces a defensive gameplan to be focused on him. He can be contained. I'm hoping either Trumaine Johnson or even Lamarcus Joyner in the future can be the CB to that.

I think Stevie Johnson is overrated, but that's a topic for another day.
Talking about over rated....

Kaepernick is a fraud just waiting to be exposed.

He's a P.O.S.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
....I think we got an edge there! I think that when the Smith duo lines up to run thru our OL as they have in the past they will find Jake Long standing there with a very big smile ......saying "Say hello to my new little friend ".

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This all may be true about the 49ers,BUT, as a LONG TIME hater, I for one don't want to give them any 'Bulletin Board' material to motivate them!!

Irish

Starter
You are a bucket of optimism aren't you?

I try to be, but I am analytical before anything. The 9er's were a play away from appearing in back to back Superbowls, and they had their way against us last year. I understand wanting to justify the Rams changing their fortunes this year, but I'm not ready to anoint this the year of the Rams on the backs of teams that beat us like rented mules last year.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This all may be true about the 49ers,BUT, as a LONG TIME hater, I for one don't want to give them any 'Bulletin Board' material to motivate them!!
Lol...yeah, the 49ers are running to ROD for motivation...