2024 NY Yankees Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@PARAM
1701972665834.jpeg

View: https://x.com/Yankees/status/1732632613561434314?s=20

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's rare a 2nd post in a thread gets a winner rating.

Glad he's out of the NL West. Does this signal the start of injury problems for him?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They gave up a good bit to get him but it was worth it imo.

I wasn’t crazy about the Verdugo trade. His righty/lefty splits are not good. He should be a platoon player. Plus, he’s got attitude problems, hates Yankees fans and neither Verdugo nor Soto are great fielders.
Maybe they sign Kermeier for a season.
They dont need Kirmeier, they also got Trent Grisham in the deal, and he's a good outfielder.
We'll see about Verdugo, folks change when they don the pinstripes. Either way, he's keeping the seat warm for the Martian to return mid-year

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They dont need Kirmeier, they also got Trent Grisham in the deal, and he's a good outfielder.
We'll see about Verdugo, folks change when they don the pinstripes. Either way, he's keeping the seat warm for the Martian to return mid-year

So when's Gleyber Torres going to be dealt? I feel like I've been hearing his name in rumors for years. I know y'all have Volpe and Peraza waiting in the wings.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So when's Gleyber Torres going to be dealt? I feel like I've been hearing his name in rumors for years. I know y'all have Volpe and Peraza waiting in the wings.
Yeah he's been rumored in trades for 2 years or more now. He's a very good second baseman and when he goes to all fields he's a terrific hitter. Every now and then he'll have a brain fart on the bases but I'd be pissed if they got rid of him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I dont know w if he will. He had a very good year and was the Yankees second best hitter last season.

The rumor that they would trade Torres for Verdugo was funny. That would be a lopsided trade.

Maybe if Peraza starts hitting they would consider it.