2023 and Into the Future...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This could be 100% about Note.

Or 100% wrong. Just being real.

I remember Note filling in last year playing as well as anyone at that position. Taking over for big Whit could be something.

I am willing to give him another chance based on his performance last year.

To be honest I wish we had another 100% certain lockdown left tackle like Trent Williams.

But we don't and all I have is hope. Time will tell.

The problem I have with Noteboom is that he ONLY seems to play well coming off the bench as when the starter in front of him is down for a short time. Whenever he's been a starter though, it hasn't worked out for him, either at G or now at T. I'd just rather have someone more reliable.

Ram65

Legend
Things seem much more complicated as far as trading, cutting, free agency, with the salary cap in the NFL than just 10 years ago. The Rams have managed all this extremely well resulting in another Super Bowl Championship. At least making it much harder to make my suggestions for moving forward.

Keeping the dead money in mind I think the Rams have to keep Noteboom for another year. It looks the same for Floyd after already restructuring his deal. It's hard to find cap space without restructuring other deals.

Decisions will have to be based on the status of Stafford. It would be hard if he retires to go for it all. It would be hard to trade AD if they go for one last chance with Stafford. I would consider trading down a little in round 2 if they feel it makes sense.

Any way you look at Snead and McVay have their work cut out for them to figure out the best moves for the future Rams teams.

Best of health Loyal!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The more I look at that Turf Show Times article, the LESS impressed I am.

Under D-Line, it reads as follows:
"Under contract (4): Aaron Donald ($26m), A’Shawn Robinson ($1.5m), Bobby Brown ($1.1m), Jonah Williams ($940t)
Aaron Donald and A’Shawn Robinson are a good base to build around, Donald is still at the top of his game and the Rams have an option to bring Robinson back at a bargain rate."

A'Shawn Robinson is NOT under contract. He's a free agent after this season. Due to a prior restructure, Robinson will count $1.5M against the Rams' 2023 cap ... just as Whitworth counts against the Rams' cap this season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There was a time when I disagreed with the draft offensive linemen early and often crowd after the 2019 season. They had youngsters with little to no experience pressed into starting duties before they were ready. I felt they got valuable experience and would be better with it.

Fast forward to this year. We now know Evans experience has done him no good. By now its likely he'll never be an NFL caliber lineman. Edwards has been far from impressive. Noteboom is an injury waiting to happen. None of those youngster from that season have panned out. So here we are.

I would say they don't necessarily need to draft linemen early and often. But they really need to draft future linemen. If they have one more run left in them I wouldn't count on rookies to their saviors on the line. They should target starter quality vets in the free agent period. But if they don't want a repeat of this year, they better draft some offensive linemen for down the road.