SEAHAWKS 2022/23 Seattle Seahawks Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
As much as it pains me to admit, the Seahawks did really well with their 2022 draft class: Kenneth Walker III, Tariq Woolen, Charles Cross, Coby Bryant and Abraham Lucas.

Cross was a 1st round pick and Walker was a 2nd rounder, but the other three were picked in rounds 3-5. Early in the season but Tariq Woolen is looking like the DROY

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As much as it pains me to admit, the Seahawks did really well with their 2022 draft class: Kenneth Walker III, Tariq Woolen, Charles Cross, Coby Bryant and Abraham Lucas.

Cross was a 1st round pick and Walker was a 2nd rounder, but the other three were picked in rounds 3-5. Early in the season but Tariq Woolen is looking like the DROY
Yeah.. that one kinda pisses me off. Woolen, that is.
Durant looks like a player.. and maybe the Rams were scared off another physical “prospect” because of Rochell. Damnit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yes I agree. They seem to have nailed it.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
And Geno Smith is much much better than I thought. In the meantime, Wilson is looking terrible in Denver. The Rams always had Wilson’s number when we played them, I have no idea how Geno is going to play against the Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, dammit. Got to give Pete Carroll credit.

“Everyone” laughed at the thought of the 71yr old Carroll rebuilding the post Wussell Seahawks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seattle's an interesting team for sure.

Their defense was good last season as they were T-11th in points against and they drafted Mafe, Bryant, Woolen. Plus Petey getting rid of Wilson and wanting to play Petey-ball had me thinking they probably take a step forward and end up quite good on that side of the ball. But they have actually dipped on defense and are T-28th in points against.

Meanwhile their scoring offense was 16th in the league last year plus they got rid of Wilson and put their eggs in a basket of subpar QB options. They drafted OL too, which had to be a "fuck you" to Wilson. And they drafted a RB that nicely fit what Petey prefers, who has been a great pickup for them. So I expected Petey-ball with a lot of ground game mashing and field position focus. But they have the 5th best scoring offense this season. Lesson there is the reminder that weapons are really important in the pass game and they certainly had a loaded pass game in terms of weapons. And that's not to take away from the QB who is getting the job done for them so far.

I don't think they're good enough to stay on top of this division. Their last 8 games include the Bucs, Shitters, Rams x2, Chiefs, and Jets so I expect a big slide as the season goes on and the pressure ramps up on them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, dammit. Got to give Pete Carroll credit.

“Everyone” laughed at the thought of the 71yr old Carroll rebuilding the post Wussell Seahawks.

I’d give credit to whomever made those draft picks. I wonder if Pete finally took a hands off approach and let Schneider do the picking or vice versa.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would’ve been the house that the Rams wouldn’t be looking up at the Hags after 8 weeks. Another reason to be pissed off right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Seahawks want QB Geno Smith back for 2023, contract talks expected to take place after the season​

The Seahawks want one of the feel-good stories of 2022 to continue into next year.

Geno Smith, the surprise starter who has elevated himself into the MVP conversation, takes his Seattle team to Germany today to face the Bucs. Sources say the hope for the organization is that Smith is their QB into the future, as well.

In fact, the Seahawks want both QBs back -- Smith and backup Drew Lock. They have yet to make an offer to Smith, who's set to be a free agent in 2023, to extend his contract, and those talks will happen after the season.

But it appears Smith has done enough to convince the team that his star turn is real and spectacular. Unbelievably, Smith is third in the NFL with a 107.2 passer rating, just ahead of ... Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow. For a player who hadn't started more than three games since 2014, it's remarkable. Considered a career backup until he beat out Lock in training camp ahead of this season, Smith is completing 73.1% of his passes and has already thrown for 2,199 yards.

Seattle has actually gotten better on offense since they traded Russell Wilson.

Smith's nonchalance about his play has been comical. He was asked on NFL Network if he could've seen his play and his team's play coming.

"Without sounding arrogant or cocky, yes," said Smith, who then went on to praise his team's work ethic and discuss how this all started in OTAs.

Lock and Smith get along in the QB room, creating a fun atmosphere in what could otherwise have been an awkward situation. The whole atmosphere in general is fun, and the viral video this week of Seattle's impromptu dance party at practice in Munich showed it.

Internally, everyone also knows this: One of coach Pete Carroll's best qualities is to instill confidence in players and have that lead to performance. That seems to have taken place here.

Much of the discussion for the Seahawks this offseason was about finding a QB. They traded for Lock to compete with Smith, but they never were in it for Jimmy Garoppolo or Baker Mayfield. They stood pat.

And now, thanks to Smith's stellar play, both he and Seattle are being rewarded for it.

Turducken

Starter
The Bucs are completely shutting down the Seahawks in Munich. It's a shutout at half and I'm not sure they will find a way to score at all.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Sea Pigeons close to scoring, until Geno ripped the momentum away with a fumble.
Start of 4th Qtr - Bucs really controlling the clock -0 and a score inside 11 minutes - going to be 21-3 sson....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Do the Seahawks play a lot of press coverage? Asking for a friend.