49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They were instantly better with Garapolo as the QB.

Maybe next off-season well see the Niners trying to trade Lance and recoup those picks they traded to get him. I mean, if Jimmy G was worth two seconds or a first........

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Best thing that could've happened to the niners, unfortunately. Better team with Jimmy G.
I agree.

Their real downside comes this offseason, when JimmyG is an unrestricted FA who will likely have many suitors, and the 49ers will pretty much have no choice but to let him go and hope Lance gets healthy and doesn’t suck. Kind of creates an unusual Super Bowl or busy scenario for them this year.

So I guess we’ll just have to bust them again. :sunglasses:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
G-string was already gonna be a FA at the end of the season, hence trying to unload him this off season. The difference is that the 9ers don’t have to pay him all that $$ in what was supposed to be his lame duck season. He took a pay cut to stay.

As much as I hate to say it, he deserves some credit for not chasing the $$ and chasing a ring instead by figuring the best available team to give him that SB chance. It certainly wasn’t gonna be the browns or the panthers.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I agree.

Their real downside comes this offseason, when JimmyG is an unrestricted FA who will likely have many suitors, and the 49ers will pretty much have no choice but to let him go and hope Lance gets healthy and doesn’t suck. Kind of creates an unusual Super Bowl or busy scenario for them this year.

So I guess we’ll just have to bust them again. :sunglasses:
And a much-needed year of development for Lance is lost.. and another cheap year on his contract.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
And imagine if the 49's win the NFC Championship Game and then the Superbowl, both in OUR HOUSE! OMG! That comeback win against the 49's was one of the most important franchise, culture, and public perception wins in NFL history for the Rams. Kurtfaulk, I totally agree with you. Our storybook ending, dreams come true, world championship, I'm still in awe. We didn't choke.
That was a concern before the game, but since it didn't happen I'll let the whiner fans imagine that what if they won stuff. Better suited for those delusional whiney what if bandwagon bunch of chodes!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
They were instantly better with Garapolo as the QB.

Maybe next off-season well see the Niners trying to trade Lance and recoup those picks they traded to get him. I mean, if Jimmy G was worth two seconds or a first........

Garapollo is a game manager and his game suits the whiners because they like to run the ball and play defense. But I don't see him winning the big one if the onus falls on his shoulders.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Garapollo is a game manager and his game suits the whiners because they like to run the ball and play defense. But I don't see him winning the big one if the onus falls on his shoulders.
I think he can. Joe Flacco and Trent Dilfer one the big one. He’s on a very good team and plays in a system that makes it easy on the QB.

If you think about that for a second doesn’t that make Trey Lance seem even worse?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think he can. Joe Flacco and Trent Dilfer one the big one. He’s on a very good team and plays in a system that makes it easy on the QB.

If you think about that for a second doesn’t that make Trey Lance seem even worse?

Flacco and Dilfer had game wrecking defenses. The whiners are solid, but I don't think they are in the same category.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Flacco and Dilfer had game wrecking defenses. The whiners are solid, but I don't think they are in the same category.
They are universally considered a Super Bowl roster.

So are you saying that Garapolo isn’t a huge upgrade over Lance?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
They are universally considered a Super Bowl roster.

So are you saying that Garapolo isn’t a huge upgrade over Lance?

I guess it goes back to the old rams on demand joke. How do you beat Garapollo and the whiners in the big game? Spot them a 10 point lead starting the 4th quarter.

Garapollo is a better QB than Lance right now for sure. But the whiners will need to admit they paid a king's ransom for Lance who looks very average (now), and start him, or they will have to cut ties with Garapollo at the end of the season. Not sure where that apple falls.

JYB

Starter
And a much-needed year of development for Lance is lost.. and another cheap year on his contract.

I believe Lance will be finished as a 49er before the 49ers are finished forfeiting draft picks for Lance. Will go down as one of THE biggest draft blunders of all time. :laugh4:

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This is the worst scenario possible jimmy g running that offense again with no Von he will dink and dunk death by 1000 paper cuts.

In all seriousness this scares me no because he is Joe Montana but because he took the pay cut he is free next year the players love him he will play with nothing to lose. I think this team stepped on shit and the players will rally around him. The whiners will be on a mission for them and for Jimmy while it's basically the same team they just got a lot more dangerous with the same old QB. This will be their rallying point/cry. You can just see it feel it. They feel robbed and will play that way and it's going to galvanize them.

I cannot stand these fucks!!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous AD needs help and Bosa will eat if boom continues on this path.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
G-string was already gonna be a FA at the end of the season, hence trying to unload him this off season. The difference is that the 9ers don’t have to pay him all that $$ in what was supposed to be his lame duck season. He took a pay cut to stay.

As much as I hate to say it, he deserves some credit for not chasing the $$ and chasing a ring instead by figuring the best available team to give him that SB chance. It certainly wasn’t gonna be the browns or the panthers.
Well, he took less guaranteed money, but can recover a good chunk with incentives and bonuses. In any event, he took the pay cut instead of getting released, got himself some nice guaranteed ching a ling, and thanks to the no trade clause, he would have been in a good position to negotiate had a team come calling. Unfortunately for him, the team that lost its QB was very same team he played for!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I guess it goes back to the old rams on demand joke. How do you beat Garapollo and the whiners in the big game? Spot them a 10 point lead starting the 4th quarter.

Garapollo is a better QB than Lance right now for sure. But the whiners will need to admit they paid a king's ransom for Lance who looks very average (now), and start him, or they will have to cut ties with Garapollo at the end of the season. Not sure where that apple falls.
I think you are not giving him enough credit. You must have a short memory. He led them to a cone from behind win last season against the Rams. He’s no Matthew Stafford but he knows that offense very well and he executes. I’d much rather have had Trey Lance leading them.

Upwurdz

UDFA
Name
Upwurdz
This is the worst scenario possible jimmy g running that offense again with no Von he will dink and dunk death by 1000 paper cuts.

In all seriousness this scares me no because he is Joe Montana but because he took the pay cut he is free next year the players love him he will play with nothing to lose. I think this team stepped on shit and the players will rally around him. The whiners will be on a mission for them and for Jimmy while it's basically the same team they just got a lot more dangerous with the same old QB. This will be their rallying point/cry. You can just see it feel it. They feel robbed and will play that way and it's going to galvanize them.

I cannot stand these fucks!!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous AD needs help and Bosa will eat if boom continues on this path.
I can’t stand them either, compadre. I just knew we would face Jimmy again when they kept him. But oh well, we finished them in the playoffs, let’s do it again. Screw the niners. Let’s kick their a$$e$ in two weeks

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think you are not giving him enough credit. You must have a short memory. He led them to a cone from behind win last season against the Rams. He’s no Matthew Stafford but he knows that offense very well and he executes. I’d much rather have had Trey Lance leading them.

I agree that I'd rather have Lance as their QB. But I believe you can beat the whiners by stuffing the run and force G string to throw passes longer than 7 yards. If you look back at the NFCCG, he threw very few passes longer than 10 yards down the field.

On their last possession, he was going to dump the ball to Mitchell short but Gaines knocked it down. Next play he tossed a ball behind the LOS which was stuffed for a loss. Then we all know what happened on third down.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he took less guaranteed money, but can recover a good chunk with incentives and bonuses. In any event, he took the pay cut instead of getting released, got himself some nice guaranteed ching a ling, and thanks to the no trade clause, he would have been in a good position to negotiate had a team come calling. Unfortunately for him, the team that lost its QB was very same team he played for!

if he doesn't get injured and plays the rest of the regular season games he will get about $15m.

not as much as the $24m he was due to get but still a good pay day for a prove it season again.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
if he doesn't get injured and plays the rest of the regular season games he will get about $15m.

not as much as the $24m he was due to get but still a good pay day for a prove it season again.

Jimmy Gag hasn't been much more durable than Trey Lance. That could be why the whiniest whiners went after Lance? :)