49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is why I had no sympathy for the Rams trashing the whiners in the NFCCG. Let's see if he's talking big in two weeks. Remember him crying like a kid who dropped his ice cream cone last year?

Yeah, I’m not a Deebo fan. He’s cocky. Watching him dance coming into the field in the NFCCG he exuded cockiness. It looked like he was expecting a cakewalk.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Speaking of Deebo….people made a big deal of Skowronek being used in the backfield. Hasn’t Shanahan been doing this stuff for a few years with Deebo? Deebo can run, block, or go out for a pass.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
So, in 2023...

JimmyG will be gone, and the 49ers will have to rely on Lance.
They have no first round pick.
They will have to sign Nick Bosa to a mega-deal (as he enters final year of rookie deal).
2 starting OL and 6 starters on defense will be UFAs.

I think they are more "Super Bowl or bust" than we are!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So, in 2023...

JimmyG will be gone, and the 49ers will have to rely on Lance.
They have no first round pick.
They will have to sign Nick Bosa to a mega-deal (as he enters final year of rookie deal).
2 starting OL and 6 starters on defense will be UFAs.

I think they are more "Super Bowl or bust" than we are!
Yup. Having Lance run multiple times into the teeth of the defense where the big guys are sure worked out for this season. If he doesn't bench Lance they likely miss the playoffs. If he benches Lance for a one year guy he has to answer why he isn't giving the kid a chance to develop. If they don't at least go deep in they playoffs it will be a disappointment. This is their last shot. Because Lance won't be taking them there any time soon. And its likely they won't be picking up his 5th year option.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yup. Having Lance run multiple times into the teeth of the defense where the big guys are sure worked out for this season. If he doesn't bench Lance they likely miss the playoffs. If he benches Lance for a one year guy he has to answer why he isn't giving the kid a chance to develop. If they don't at least go deep in they playoffs it will be a disappointment. This is their last shot. Because Lance won't be taking them there any time soon. And its likely they won't be picking up his 5th year option.
Maybe in 2023 Shanahan will find Brady a new super model that doesn’t mind him playing a few more years, and tell him it’s his way of saying sorry. So then he gets the guy that he should have gotten all along.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Maybe in 2023 Shanahan will find Brady a new super model that doesn’t mind him playing a few more years, and tell him it’s his way of saying sorry. So then he gets the guy that he should have gotten all along.
All I know is, Shanahan's a genius for getting Lance injured and making the team better in the process. :laugh3:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
This is why I had no sympathy for the Rams trashing the whiners in the NFCCG. Let's see if he's talking big in two weeks. Remember him crying like a kid who dropped his ice cream cone last year?

Ain't that some some shit. :laugh4: Nick Scott took care of his punk ass!
There are a lot of people one can troll.
99 ain't a MF'er one would want to troll.
Can't wait til we play those punks. There will be no running the ball
with our stout ass D Line and Bad Ass ILB'S.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Yup. Having Lance run multiple times into the teeth of the defense where the big guys are sure worked out for this season.
Snackdaddy you read my mind. I would bet money that shit was purposely contrived.
They had NO other way out of a guarenteed losing season with (can't hit the side of
the barn) Lance.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Ain't that some some shit. :laugh4: Nick Scott took care of his punk ass!
There are a lot of people one can troll.
99 ain't a MF'er one would want to troll.
Can't wait til we play those punks. There will be no running the ball
with our stout ass D Line and Bad Ass ILB'S.
That article is from 2021

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Snackdaddy you read my mind. I would bet money that shit was purposely contrived.
They had NO other way out of a guarenteed losing season with (can't hit the side of
the barn) Lance.
Some might think that idea is too far fetched. But a healthy Lance was not gonna win as many games. Benching him would bring a lot of criticism. "Why are you delaying his development another year after what you traded to get him? If he isn't ready by now was that a huge miscalculation?"

So we saw a lot of designed runs for him. Several right up the middle where the biggest defenders are. And I'm not seeing many people criticize him for that. I just see 49er fans happy that Jimmy G is now the guy for the rest of the season. If they do think he did it intentionally they aren't saying anything because they know they should be winning more games now.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Some might think that idea is too far fetched. But a healthy Lance was not gonna win as many games. Benching him would bring a lot of criticism. "Why are you delaying his development another year after what you traded to get him? If he isn't ready by now was that a huge miscalculation?"

So we saw a lot of designed runs for him. Several right up the middle where the biggest defenders are. And I'm not seeing many people criticize him for that. I just see 49er fans happy that Jimmy G is now the guy for the rest of the season. If they do think he did it intentionally they aren't saying anything because they know they should be winning more games now.

Jimmy Gag also has durability issues so who knows if he's the man at the end of the season?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

San Francisco 49ers will still be Trey Lance’s team next season, says NFL insider​

“Obviously, it’s not Trey Lance’s team this year because he’s hurt. But next year, they still have full faith that Trey Lance is their future. Trey had surgery last week to repair a broken ankle and ligaments as well. But just four days after that, he surprised the rest of the team and showed up at the meeting on Friday. Everybody came up, gave him hugs, so they still firmly believe this will be his team.

“… As far as Jimmy Garoppolo is concerned, obviously, it’s his team this season, then he’ll be a free agent. What this also does, is I think we were looking at a 49ers season were you’re gonna have some bumps, some ups and downs for Trey Lance, and every time that happened, people are going to start clamoring, ‘Where’s Jimmy G?’ Obviously, they no longer have to deal with that.”

Jay Glazer on 49ers QB situation

season 5 episode 3 GIF

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I was a little confused by the above, then I see you are from North Carolina ... :laugh4:
Clemson guy, cant stand USC jr.

The real USC is in Southern Cal and Carolina is in Chapel Hill,. Never liked Deebo at South Car and really cant stand the guy now....