49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if he doesn't get injured and plays the rest of the regular season games he will get about $15m.

not as much as the $24m he was due to get but still a good pay day for a prove it season again.

Correct, however if he had gotten cut right before the opener, he likely wouldnt have seen that kind of pay day. Plus, having the no trade protection made it possible for him to negotiate a better deal had a team traded for him. Bottom line was that he didnt take a pay cut for the benefit of the team, was a self serving gesture. And really puts the 49ers in a bind for 2023, particularly if JG plays well

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I can’t stand them either, compadre. I just knew we would face Jimmy again when they kept him. But oh well, we finished them in the playoffs, let’s do it again. Screw the niners. Let’s kick their a$$e$ in two weeks

Yes but even though it's different it's still slightly reminiscent of Kurt Warner in a way. They love this dude he is back for probably one last hoorah that's so galvanizing such a rally cry it bothers me and we beat them yes but with Von and big Whit. So I may worry to much but most of us in this forum usually have a good feel for the game. Arizona will be no cake walk but I believe in my heart we should win but they know we are responsible for a lot of their off-season turmoil especially mighty mouse. The whiners is your real litmus test.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flacco and Dilfer had game wrecking defenses. The whiners are solid, but I don't think they are in the same category.
Not only. that, but Flacco was a decade ago and Dilfer 22 years ago. The QB is even more crucial now.

Plus, Flacco on his game was better than JG imho.

Not saying it cannot be done, but it's very unlikely.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I agree that I'd rather have Lance as their QB. But I believe you can beat the whiners by stuffing the run and force G string to throw passes longer than 7 yards. If you look back at the NFCCG, he threw very few passes longer than 10 yards down the field.

On their last possession, he was going to dump the ball to Mitchell short but Gaines knocked it down. Next play he tossed a ball behind the LOS which was stuffed for a loss. Then we all know what happened on third down.
Then we need to cover them short.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cohn doesn't realize that Shanny was using the same call sheet that he had put together for Lance. So yes there will be idiotic shit on it like schemed runs.

But that aside I think Cohn is doing an excellent job trolling the shitters. They don't know what to do with him, it's beautiful really. Sort of like Lance. :laugh3:

JYB

Starter
This is the worst scenario possible jimmy g running that offense again with no Von he will dink and dunk death by 1000 paper cuts.

In all seriousness this scares me no because he is Joe Montana but because he took the pay cut he is free next year the players love him he will play with nothing to lose. I think this team stepped on shit and the players will rally around him. The whiners will be on a mission for them and for Jimmy while it's basically the same team they just got a lot more dangerous with the same old QB. This will be their rallying point/cry. You can just see it feel it. They feel robbed and will play that way and it's going to galvanize them.

I cannot stand these fucks!!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous AD needs help and Bosa will eat if boom continues on this path.
Totally agree. They were going nowhere with Lance, and this has been a serendipitous event for them. Wish it happened in week 12 instead of week 2.

Jimmy G will play with more confidence, since he has nothing to lose and because both teammates and fans seem very happy he's back.

Their defensive front will abuse our weakened offensive line, and Jimmy G will pick apart our defense without edge pressure.

They really did fall azz backwards into a great situation. Then again, I have a sneaking suspicion Shanahan was sort of hoping this might happen. He's not blind and he probably knows Lance is a bust, but could not bench him, bc the reaction would've been horrible. This was the only way out for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Totally agree. They were going nowhere with Lance, and this has been a serendipitous event for them. Wish it happened in week 12 instead of week 2.

Jimmy G will play with more confidence, since he has nothing to lose and because both teammates and fans seem very happy he's back.

Their defensive front will abuse our weakened offensive line, and Jimmy G will pick apart our defense without edge pressure.

They really did fall azz backwards into a great situation. Then again, I have a sneaking suspicion Shanahan was sort of hoping this might happen. He's not blind and he probably knows Lance is a bust, but could not bench him, bc the reaction would've been horrible. This was the only way out for him.
I think you’re right with Lance. Shanahan has to be thanking his lucky stars. Lynch too.

A betting man has to figure Jimmy gets hurt at some point. He’s not been the most durable and he’s not getting any younger.

But… Jimmy is healthy now and you never know. The story is waiting to be written that he does well and cashes in out of this “comeback”.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

It's scares me to hell but I could not agree more. It's all set up all we can do now is hope the Rams can make some intelligent moves after assessing where there at but at this moment in time rt now my concern is the o-line and help for AD especially with even Floyd taking less snaps he might be on good jolt from missing some serious time. All we can do is wait.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Shanahan has to be thanking his lucky stars. Lynch too.
Exactly! You can't tell me they weren't both smiling inside.

They avoid being exposed for a terrible trade and pick in Lance.( If only for a year)
Oh, The train wreck was around the corner, only to be averted by shear luck of the draw. :laugh4:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Bobby Wagner was supposed to be the dweebo killer so hopefully that happens.

dang

Legend
Bobby Wagner was supposed to be the dweebo killer so hopefully that happens.
Wagner doesn’t fix all Rams problems but so far him with EJ has been a bright spot. Still need more edge pressure and a counter to the dink and dunk passing that the 69ers use ad nauseum against the Rams (and the word is out).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Exactly! You can't tell me they weren't both smiling inside.

They avoid being exposed for a terrible trade and pick in Lance.( If only for a year)
Oh, The train wreck was around the corner, only to be averted by shear luck of the draw. :laugh4:
I was thinking they would come up with a phantom injury for Lance. Instead Shanahan treated Lance like a fullback running him up the middle. Now Lance has a legit injury and Jimmy GQ is the guy the rest of the season. No worries about answering questions why they gave up so much for a kid who's clearly not who they thought he was. Genius.

dang

Legend
I was thinking they would come up with a phantom injury for Lance. Instead Shanahan treated Lance like a fullback running him up the middle. Now Lance has a legit injury and Jimmy GQ is the guy the rest of the season. No worries about answering questions why they gave up so much for a kid who's clearly not who they thought he was. Genius.
I swear I saw Lance take a big hug on a run up the middle right before his injury. If that’s the case Coach Ratboy was either up to something or at least careless. Fuck that cheese eating rodent.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I swear I saw Lance take a big hug on a run up the middle right before his injury. If that’s the case Coach Ratboy was either up to something or at least careless. Fuck that cheese eating rodent.

Oh yeah- was watching the game & it seemed like WTF. Shanahan want Lance to get hurt.We had some Jimmy G getting him out of there mafia style.

I don’t like the 9ers HC,I think he just got lucky Lance is out for the season.

oldnotdead

Legend
Where did all the Rams fans go? So much negativity.

The Niner's OL isn't as good this year as in previous years. If it's death by a thousand cuts that would be on Morris for allowing it with his soft zones.

If McVay would get off his ass and play McCutcheon instead of Benny Sko, they would have a legit 3 deep WR combination starting. Ben gets open because he doesn't scare anyone. McCutcheon is one broken tackle from a big play. He's got the hands of A. Rob and he's faster than A. Rob. He's a mismatch for the average SS with a slight edge against Talanoa Hufanga who is the Niners SS.

This team still matches up well with the Niners. IMO nothing has really changed.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Where did all the Rams fans go? So much negativity.

The Niner's OL isn't as good this year as in previous years. If it's death by a thousand cuts that would be on Morris for allowing it with his soft zones.

If McVay would get off his ass and play McCutcheon instead of Benny Sko, they would have a legit 3 deep WR combination starting. Ben gets open because he doesn't scare anyone. McCutcheon is one broken tackle from a big play. He's got the hands of A. Rob and he's faster than A. Rob. He's a mismatch for the average SS with a slight edge against Talanoa Hufanga who is the Niners SS.

This team still matches up well with the Niners. IMO nothing has really changed.

Somehow, Ratboy and Jimmy G either get lucky or what, but they seemed to get a lot of breaks go their way against the Rams. Although we beat them when it counted.