49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
That’s impressive considering the Linehan to Fisher years
Means over that time frame Rams have not often been a one-and-done team. Not bad...

On a side-note, because I'm a nerd and apropos of nothing, I've looked at the playoff record from '99-'22 and the totals don't come out to a .571 winning percentage.

Anybody else want to check my math?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Means over that time frame Rams have not often been a one-and-done team. Not bad...

On a side-note, because I'm a nerd and apropos of nothing, I've looked at the playoff record from '99-'22 and the totals don't come out to a .571 winning percentage.

Anybody else want to check my math?
Ah I figured it out. The original tweet is the last 25 years. For the 49ers, that spans 97' -22'. For the Rams it starts in 99' since we weren't in the playoffs the few years prior.

AZRams

Ah I figured it out. The original tweet is the last 25 years. For the 49ers, that spans 97' -22'. For the Rams it starts in 99' since we weren't in the playoffs the few years prior.
Yes, that's right.

Blaming it on coffee. Too much or maybe too litte. Not sure.

But it was definitely the coffee.

AZRams

View: https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/status/1522260291089801216?s=20&t=LXxUCMQK71V_BOS_tBNsXA

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Him busting plus Mac Jones playing well for New England is the ideal situation because it will be a massive hit to Shanny's "genius" label. Which will help that idiot owner decide to go find a new HC toy for his team.

Then maybe Shanny will go fuck off to the AFC or something. :laugh4:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I said it back before last years draft and still feel the same - Shanny made that trade with the idea of taking Jones.

I do think all the time leading up to draft possibly got into his head or pressure elsewhere that pushed (or convinced) him to take Trey.

AZRams

I said it back before last years draft and still feel the same - Shanny made that trade with the idea of taking Jones.

I do think all the time leading up to draft possibly got into his head or pressure elsewhere that pushed (or convinced) him to take Trey.
I guess there's reporting somewhere that Lynch and the personnel people liked Lance way more than Shanahan did.

When you play a Game of Thrones, you win...or you die.

Or you just eventually lose your job.

charlton heston laughing GIF

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Him busting plus Mac Jones playing well for New England is the ideal situation because it will be a massive hit to Shanny's "genius" label. Which will help that idiot owner decide to go find a new HC toy for his team.

Then maybe Shanny will go fuck off to the AFC or something. :laugh4:
Seems he got overruled on the choice. Kind of dumb since he’s the offensive guru. You’d think Lynch would have trusted Shanahan’s decision.

AZRams

This guy is just trolling around
Well then, Lynch and the personnel folks liked him more than Shanahan. And the reporter as well...

LMAO

Can we not all hear the dog that isn't barking here?

Where is the full-throated defense of the guy you took 3rd after giving away multiple high-end picks?!

Stephen Colbert Hello GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Cowherd had a fair take today.

Shanahan has the resume.
Got Schaub to a Pro Bowl in 2009. His first of two.
RG3 was OROY and made the PB in 2012.
Ryan was MVP, OPOY and PB (his last to date) as well as SB participant in 2016.
He got Garappolo to a SB in 2019.

The guy knows QBs. So why isn't Trey Lance 'catching on' like one would expect him to catch on? Lance wasn't Shanahan's pick?

ME: Seems to me, give the guy some time with a QB and he can do good things. Did Lynch over rule Shanahan? Power struggle? All is not well in ninerland? Ugly divorce coming? Somebody is letting this stuff out. One of Shanahan's guys? Garappolo's agent?

Interesting stuff to be sure. Bears watching.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Lombardo is like that crazy girlfriend that is all into you at first, you're the best ever, blah blah blah.
Then dumps you out of the blue.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Is Trey Lance ready to start?​

It’s a question that has percolated throughout the league as the 49ers have considered their clumsy drive toward a house in the Hamptons with quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Is Trey Lance ready to be the starter?

There’s a line of thinking that he isn’t, or at least that the 49ers at least fear he isn’t.

It would explain the reluctance to trade or cut Jimmy Garoppolo. Although they now claim they were close to striking a deal before he had surgery (unbeknownst to the team), no deal is done until it’s done.

Lance didn’t play nearly as much in 2021 as most expected. Coach Kyle Shanahan seemed to be willing to use both quarterbacks as the regular season approached, but then Shanahan didn’t do that. When Lance did play, he did nothing to create a sense of inevitability that he was on track to quickly validate the decision to invest the 12th pick in the 2021 draft, two more first-round picks, and a third-round pick to get him.

Lance still could perform very well, as soon as this year. Second-year quarterbacks have a recent history of taking the league by storm, from Carson Wentz in 2017 to Patrick Mahomes in 2018 to Lamar Jackson in 2019 to Kyler Murray in 2020 to Joe Burrow in 2021. None of them had an incumbent starter still lingering, however, when they embarked on their second NFL seasons.

The 49ers don’t seem to realize, or care, that the ongoing presence of Garoppolo on the roster could be keeping Lance from settling in, from getting comfortable. Some would say that, if Lance is destined for greatness, he’ll shrug at this minor distraction. Others would say that the unsettled situation with Garoppolo signifies the kind of dysfunction that would keep any quarterback from thriving.

The 49ers continue to keep Garoppolo on the roster. They continue to sell publicly the notion that they’ll keep him into the regular season. If that’s not just posturing, they need to hope that Lance’s ability to do the job moving forward isn’t hampered by the ongoing presence of the guy who took the team to a Super Bowl and nearly back to another one.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This is the conundrum with drafting a QB. If you don't play him right away, he's learning on the job in his second year. And that could be ugly. If you play him in his rookie season, you're more than likely going to suck. If you're hesitant to play him, not only does he not learn in live action but you don't get to evaluate him in live action. Unless you're going to trade for an established QB, your best bet is to play the kid and either keep him or move on. The quicker the better in either case.

Rodgers sat for 3 years and still wasn't a fine tuned QB in year 4. The Packers went 6-10 his first full year as a starter and though he had a 93.0+ rating, they still lost 10 games. Some will point to the fact they lost two games by 4 points, four games by 3 points and another by 1 point then say, well they could have been 13-3!!! I say, not likely, but had he played a little sooner, maybe they win 4 of those 7 games and finish 10-6!

Trey Lance needs to play so they can evaluate him and move on or develop him and have a good QB for a number of years. Personally, I hope they fuck with his head until they get rid of him.