CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

House Thread

ROD House Thread
The 2022 Arizona Cardinals Thread

This THREAD is for general, perhaps smaller news about a divisional rival. A place to keep tabs with news about The Cardinals. And, for general trash talking when you feel like it.

Major topics, such as Kyler Murray Contract or Trades should be stand-alone topics.

Tano

Legend
Oops it's been 8 games now and Murray has a hamstring injury and can't play at full capacity.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
200w.gif

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are looking at a 34 acre plot for a training facility. The Chargers are looking at a 14 acre plot for one. We’d have to assume the Cards are looking at a 1.5-2 acre plot for a training facility.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On other sites, I have never seen a 12 team so disrespected.

Do I think they're that good again? Probably not. But I think they'll still be in the hunt for a wildcard.

They got stomped by the eventual champs. If Higbee and OBJ were healthy, we likely do that to the Bengals too.

We own them so I mean....no problem with us saying this stuff. But Niners fans, Titans fans, Browns fans...just weird

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1507380450284740615?s=20&t=jlKMZ_EwHXgUP6lwqSZ9_Q

Card fans would burn down the building and string Keim up from a lamp-post. As frustrated as they may be, no way in hell they'd embrace a deal that sends him out of town for something like a Baker/Darnold QB room...

Baker wouldn’t make sense. The main reason to trade Murray is because of his attitude. Baker brings his own problems.

Darnold sucks. The only way to trade Murray now is picks, since Watson is gone. Murray still has a lot of talent. So yeah I agree they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with Murray. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Murray has been acting like a little shit but I think some of that is just the complete lack of humble pie he's had to endure in his career. He's rejecting it right now. But he's gonna need to eat it and move past it.

I hope they move on from him though because I do think he's got high upside in the right offense. I'd rather he goes elsewhere out of the division even though we have mostly beaten him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are looking at a 34 acre plot for a training facility. The Chargers are looking at a 14 acre plot for one. We’d have to assume the Cards are looking at a 1.5-2 acre plot for a training facility.
downsizing-matt-damon.gif

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Murray is a very good QB but as the season wears on and defenses find ways to keep him in the pocket his size begins to hurt him. It's a big man's position, maybe the Cardinals should have made a trade for Wentz or even Goff.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
On Murray and the late season, he's got a 86.3 rating for the last 6 games of each season. But it's not like he had a bad 6 games his rookie year and got better. Well he got better but marginally.

Totals: 400 of 612 (65.4%) 4007 yds (6.55) 22 TD (3.6%) 14 Int (2.3%) 86.3 (41 sacks)

2019: 119 of 182 (65.4%) 1169 yds (6.42) 8 TD (4.4%) 7 Int (3.8%) 82.0 (17 sacks) 2-4
2020: 134 of 205 (65.4%) 1327 yds (6.47) 7 TD (3.4%) 4 Int (2.0%) 86.8 (11 sacks) 2-4
2021: 147 of 225 (65.3%) 1511 yds (6.72) 7 TD (3.1%) 3 Int (1.3%) 89.3 (13 sacks) 2-4

You'd expect a kid to improve. Well, like I said, he did but marginally. But that slight improvement might be the weapons around him have improved each season. His completion percentage is virtually identical each year. His yards per attempt is in the mid 6's. His TD percentage has dropped each year but his Int percentage has also dropped each year. And the record is the same each year. Would you sign him to a long term deal with that improvement? And what, get 3-3 the last 6 games? I guess that would be fine if the first 11 was 9-2.

oldnotdead

Legend
The kid and his tantrums. He's too immature to understand that his behavior would turn any team off. He's threatening to hold out just like the other kid named Mayfield. The problem with both is exactly the same as I have pointed out on many occasions. Both can't read beyond 2 so if you take away the two most obvious reads they suck. Both should have taken a big step in their performance and neither did. Both are basically backup talents at this point and busts as a starter.

Kyler is talking himself out of a job. If I were the Cards I would go with Colt this year and trade or release Kyler. Next year is supposed to be a good year for QBs. Grab a good RB this year and with that run game support Colt is good enough to win some games. But their draft position should change enough to grab a QB in next year's draft.

Whatever they do it won't matter. They have proved they draft poorly. It wouldn't surprise me if the Cards dropped to #4 behind the Seahawks. They sold the farm on Kliff's assurances that the "air raid offense" would work in the NFL when history has shown it doesn't. But Bidwell is the epitome of a clueless owner.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Murray is a very good QB but as the season wears on and defenses find ways to keep him in the pocket his size begins to hurt him.

Thats going to be hard for him to overcome. Add a 17 game season, 18th on the horizon.

View: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1507380450284740615?s=20&t=jlKMZ_EwHXgUP6lwqSZ9_Q

Card fans would burn down the building and string Keim up from a lamp-post. As frustrated as they may be, no way in hell they'd embrace a deal that sends him out of town for something like a Baker/Darnold QB room...

I don’t know what Murray’s trade value would be? And a contract extension?

When I think of Murray, he’s a damn good player… but too many “yeah, but” type things with him.

I’d trade him as opposed to risk a contract.

But cool if the Cards keep him. I think we know how to beat Murray.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The stats I posted are irrelevant and that's not counting his terrible.wild card game vs the Rams. Arizina is in a catch-22. They like his upside but it's taking too much time to get there. They're committed to him because they don't want to fail like they did with Rosen (read: overdrafting). The fans love him. They don't want to give up on him but they don't want to overpay him. Too late. He will get them both fired. The ship is leaving the harbor