OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Quick vent on Brian Billick.

I don’t like him.

Think he just goes through the motions to collect a check from NFL Network.

First disliked him years ago when he was calling the game Bradford first injured his knee. Sam was scrambling and headed out of bounds when he got a shove, and his knee buckled.

Billick insisted it was a hamstring but it looked like a knee. I was shocked that an experienced guy could be so certain; and, as a Rams’ fan, was upset about losing a starting QB. This was when we thought Bradford would be the guy.

Well just now, I was watching NFL Network. Topic was “potential surprise cuts as teams get down to the cap”. They even put up a List of possibilities. Steve Wyche goes first and throws out Anthony Barr of the Vikings.

Then it’s Brian Billick’s turn, and he discusses the Ravens’ Matt Judon and goes on to explain how he ‘might be surprised if Judon was released’.

I am thinking that Judon’s contract is expiring, and he is going to be a free agent in a few weeks. So I looked it up. Took seven seconds!

Then I am yelling at Billick on screen like I did years ago, and remembering why I think so little of the guy.

I feel better now.

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I wonder if I could become an "NFL insider" like that guy who tweeted that, if I just claim to have sources while reporting on an obvious or likely trade situation.

Or just make something up. It's a popular pastime these days.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Psycho_X

Legend

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Quick vent on Brian Billick.

I don’t like him.

There is a reason this man has an 80-64 overall record as Head Coach, 5-3 in post season and won a Super Bowl and has never been hired since....Nobody else can stand him either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There is a reason this man has an 80-64 overall record as Head Coach, 5-3 in post season and won a Super Bowl and has never been hired since....Nobody else can stand him either.

Donte Cullpeper or Jeff George?

Or was it Geoff George which would have made a difference.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donte Cullpeper or Jeff George?

Or was it Geoff George which would have made a difference.
giphy.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Refresh my memory. Didn’t he walk into good situations that greatly aided his success?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Offer Floyd a base salary of 3m and bonus in his contract for million per sack. Outside the box thinking on contract for floyd. Just saying'

or base salary of 5m & 500k per sack

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Offer Floyd a base salary of 3m and bonus in his contract for million per sack. Outside the box thinking on contract for floyd. Just saying'

or base salary of 5m & 500k per sack
I get your point of view but what about the player’s POV?

If Floyd agreed to such a deal and had a 10 sack season, he would make $13M under your first idea and $10M under the second.

He will probably get $12-14M per in free agency. Why would he take the same or less under a performance-based deal?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
because He knows PressureD41 is a genius, and is ring chasing LMAO