OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
strange how so many think a 1st rounder (top 32 ) is nothing but a top 100 would be nice
I just think anything less than a late third round pick is a salary dump; and a strong scouting department can find talent a majority (small majority) of the time with a top-100 pick.

A good team needs some inexpensive talent on its roster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IDK...How about, Rams need a LB & Tackle :cool:
I've read two common thoughts about Wagner from Packers fans and some from Lions fans. He's contemplating retirement and that Wagner would be doing them a favor if he did retire (before being cut).

Kirksey had two very good years in Cleveland and the last 3 has totaled 20 games played. He's a starter, if he's healthy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kirksey had two very good years in Cleveland and the last 3 has totaled 20 games played. He's a starter, if he's healthy.

Yeah I was joking, didn't know much about Wagner IMO, both are most likely not on their radar as I'm hoping the draft nets a young OL (Walker Little) and another ILB to add to the mix (Pete Werner).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I was joking, didn't know much about Wagner IMO, both are most likely not on their radar as I'm hoping the draft nets a young OL (Walker Little) and another ILB to add to the mix (Pete Werner).
Love Werner but like I mentioned in the Carberry thread not certain about Little at OT but he could be a good Guard :) Back to these guys both of them could actually be on the Rams radar for two common reasons. One they won't count against the comp pick formula being cuts and two they could be had cheap being on injury and down year rebounds. Aside from that I don't know that there's much in them to move the needle. My original comments about the thread also were just a joke, we get a thread it seems every time some vet is cut :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That is one of the nicest ways my opinions have ever been insulted.

Seriously though, all I was saying was that Havenstein is the only proven NFL-RT the Rams have; and losing him in a salary dump would be disappointing.

Now, I would assume the Rams wouldn’t move him unless they believed they had a viable replacement. Maybe even an upgrade.

I also understand that they cross-train their OL at multiple positions (that has been written about many times); and I realize multiple players have lined up at RT in practices, scrimmages and in pre-season games.

Just saying I have only seen Evans at RT in a regular season game (in his rookie season).

Hey, I’m a worrier but I am forever optimistic and hopeful when it comes to the Rams.

I hope they can create enough cap space for some quality additions.

If they trade Havenstein, I hope they get back a quality draft choice.

If they do move him, I hope they have a quality replacement to step in.

I enjoy your postings.
Yes soundly proven NFL starting RT!

Havenstein has been one of our best starting RT's since Jackie Slater's realm even with Hav's big issues with the smaller quicker pass rushers getting inside of him. The only reason to trade Hav is to get some relief from the present salary cap stranglehold on this team. I also believe that Hav is one of our smartest team first OL'ers!

The past & probable current "viable replacement" @ RT has been Bobby Evans entering his 3rd season. I do not believe that Evans has any large amount of ability to grow & develop much more than where he is at now. You might get better performance from Evans on those small pass rushers but you will never get the consistent great run-blocking performances either.

Right now Evans is just 2021/2022 starting stop-gap RT until the Rams can get a better OL'er groomed or drafted IF Hav is traded. It's all about creating & freeing up some $$$. Not many places to go & find it. Not a good position to be in either.

I am much more positive on other Ram OL'ers & feel it's more likely Tremayne Anchrum/ David Edwards or Chandler Brewer will end up being better @ performing the job @ starting RT than Evans by the season's end. One last thing on Evans (it's just me as a fan).....Evans will never make it @ RG/LG in the NFL.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I have my fingers crossed on Chandler Brewer; and Tremayne Anchrum and Trishton Johnson and Travis Howard and Christian Rozeboim and the three DL (Banks, Hoecht and Williams).

Truthfully, if just two from that group develop, I would be happy.
Yep if a couple of those guys pan out then it hurts less spending those draft picks on the Stafford deal.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You can expect these moves a lot going forward.

View: https://twitter.com/SigmundBloom/status/1362870191491743744?

View: https://twitter.com/notJDaigle/status/1362871045968056331

His first game back in 2019 for the Eagles he had 8 rec 154 yards 2 TD

The rest of his recent 2 years in Philly 15 rec 241 yards 1 TD

In two years he played 7 games. Is he done?

I would consider Jackson for vet min with incentives built into his deal. When healthy, he is still a big-time homerun threat. Even his last game he beat Dallas on a bomb. Just need Reggie to keep him on the field.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would consider Jackson for vet min with incentives built into his deal. When healthy, he is still a big-time homerun threat. Even his last game he beat Dallas on a bomb. Just need Reggie to keep him on the field.
It's one of those I'd be fine with as long as it's cheap. Keeping him on the field is the issue the last time he played a full season was 2013 that's atrocious.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I just think anything less than a late third round pick is a salary dump; and a strong scouting department can find talent a majority (small majority) of the time with a top-100 pick.

A good team needs some inexpensive talent on its roster.

well i am glade we agree on somethings. kind of makes me worry about losing our head scout but we did get a 3rd rounder out of it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's one of those I'd be fine with as long as it's cheap. Keeping him on the field is the issue the last time he played a full season was 2013 that's atrocious.
Yeah, it would be for the vet min, no guarantees...has to make the team. Can't imagine he would get a ton of interest, but his skillet is perfect for what they need. Someone to just run go routes and deep posts to keep secondaries honest. He expressed interest in rejoining McVay before. So something to keep an eye on.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The old saying of one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.Corbett,Noteboom & Whitworth Contracts & time are running out.

kinda depends on what is in the hand if its a big old turd i will go for the two in a bush. not saying any of our players are turds just trying to make a joke here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
kinda depends on what is in the hand if its a big old turd i will go for the two in a bush. not saying any of our players are turds just trying to make a joke here.

oh Shit you didn’t. Thanks for the laugh. I get to defensive.Need to lighten up. I am always impressed how Mcvay works his off seasons.
This is totally his team NOW.He came in as a rookie HC. In fact Mcvay had Wade Phillips on staff for Leadership & Experience. Mcvay was The youngest(?) Head-coach in NFL history.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Today’s the day...franchise tags can be placed on players. It will be interesting to see who gets it. Plus, we can get some idea on what direction teams are going(not 100% but an idea).