OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
@Allen2McVay ...

First let me say I do not give as much importance or wieght in reference to your specific concern about the present Rams OL ...
That is one of the nicest ways my opinions have ever been insulted.

Seriously though, all I was saying was that Havenstein is the only proven NFL-RT the Rams have; and losing him in a salary dump would be disappointing.

Now, I would assume the Rams wouldn’t move him unless they believed they had a viable replacement. Maybe even an upgrade.

I also understand that they cross-train their OL at multiple positions (that has been written about many times); and I realize multiple players have lined up at RT in practices, scrimmages and in pre-season games.

Just saying I have only seen Evans at RT in a regular season game (in his rookie season).

Hey, I’m a worrier but I am forever optimistic and hopeful when it comes to the Rams.

I hope they can create enough cap space for some quality additions.

If they trade Havenstein, I hope they get back a quality draft choice.

If they do move him, I hope they have a quality replacement to step in.

I enjoy your postings.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Pouncey brothers retirements this off season. Centers will be a little more at a premium this off season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
With the Pouncey brothers retirements this off season. Centers will be a little more at a premium this off season.
Agree.
Don’t see much in free agency. However, John Sullivan did not seem like a significant signing at the time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pack fans are thinking Linsley's gone when fans all over would love him, but are convinced GB resigns him.

I think we'll have a better idea about who we'll be targeting once we know for sure who the OL coach is and how he's chosen to build OLs.

I would absolutely entertain a Hav for Brown straight up, but I doubt the Ravens would do that.

It would accomplish a ton for us, but it barely is even for them, although Hav is one of the better run blocking RTs in the game, for sure.

When Big Whit calls it quits, we slide Brown to the LT and move Edwards or Evans (I forget which, I'm always getting them confused) to RT presuming Anchrum doesn't take the job.

I dunno. I want to do a mock draft including FA signings et al, but I can't really until we know who's gonna be the OL coach.

I think that's gonna make a huge difference.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Pack fans are thinking Linsley's gone when fans all over would love him, but are convinced GB resigns him.

I think we'll have a better idea about who we'll be targeting once we know for sure who the OL coach is and how he's chosen to build OLs.

I would absolutely entertain a Hav for Brown straight up, but I doubt the Ravens would do that.

It would accomplish a ton for us, but it barely is even for them, although Hav is one of the better run blocking RTs in the game, for sure.

When Big Whit calls it quits, we slide Brown to the LT and move Edwards or Evans (I forget which, I'm always getting them confused) to RT presuming Anchrum doesn't take the job.

I dunno. I want to do a mock draft including FA signings et al, but I can't really until we know who's gonna be the OL coach.

I think that's gonna make a huge difference.
Anchrum is not playing OT at 6'-2" outside of some emergency. Has a better chance to play C than OT.

dang

Legend
Agree.
Don’t see much in free agency. However, John Sullivan did not seem like a significant signing at the time.
I actually see quite s bit in FA for interior OL. Not sure the Rams can afford anyone but after the premium FAs get snapped up there should be some very good talent at reasonable $$.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I actually see quite s bit in FA for interior OL. Not sure the Rams can afford anyone but after the premium FAs get snapped up there should be some very good talent at reasonable $$.
I was responding to Neil’s post specific to the retirement of the Pouncey brothers and the center position.

Other than Linsley and Mack there does not seem to be much. What centers are you focused on?

dang

Legend
I was responding to Neil’s post specific to the retirement of the Pouncey brothers and the center position.

Other than Linsley and Mack there does not seem to be much. What centers are you focused on?
Reiter/KC and Andrews/NE are a couple others.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Rivers to Herbert, this guy is tough to please.

Word. Very unfortunate. Look for the Rams to sign a stop gap that they think can get them into a Superbowl. That would mean a consistent veteran, and then draft a Center this year or the next. That's my best guess anyway. I would love if they signed Linsley, but I am guessing they prioritize keeping either JJ or Floyd. Floyd would likely cost too much to allow them room to sign Linsley. Maybe they will shock and get him. I was shocked when Fisher brought in Cooks and Finnegan. I didn't think there was anyway they'd have the cap space.

There are a few decent Centers projected to be cut.

Niners - Weston Richberg (coming of injury)
Bengals - Trey Hopkins (my preference if they went this route)
Bills - Mitch Morse (meh)
Buccaneers - Ryan Jensen (I think the resign him to a new deal)

Signing a guy like Mack makes sense too, if they draft a center of the future.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That is one of the nicest ways my opinions have ever been insulted.

Seriously though, all I was saying was that Havenstein is the only proven NFL-RT the Rams have; and losing him in a salary dump would be disappointing.

Now, I would assume the Rams wouldn’t move him unless they believed they had a viable replacement. Maybe even an upgrade.

I also understand that they cross-train their OL at multiple positions (that has been written about many times); and I realize multiple players have lined up at RT in practices, scrimmages and in pre-season games.

Just saying I have only seen Evans at RT in a regular season game (in his rookie season).

Hey, I’m a worrier but I am forever optimistic and hopeful when it comes to the Rams.

I hope they can create enough cap space for some quality additions.

If they trade Havenstein, I hope they get back a quality draft choice.

If they do move him, I hope they have a quality replacement to step in.

I enjoy your postings.

Brewer was being groomed to play ORT. I may be wrong but just because he opted out doesn't mean he hasn't been in contact, nor been in the building right? Or is that against the rules. He looked good in 2019 camp. Another option could be Evans.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Brewer was being groomed to play ORT. I may be wrong but just because he opted out doesn't mean he hasn't been in contact, nor been in the building right? Or is that against the rules. He looked good in 2019 camp. Another option could be Evans.
I have my fingers crossed on Chandler Brewer; and Tremayne Anchrum and Trishton Johnson and Travis Howard and Christian Rozeboim and the three DL (Banks, Hoecht and Williams).

Truthfully, if just two from that group develop, I would be happy.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Reiter/KC and Andrews/NE are a couple others.
Maybe but I’m not sure Reiter didn’t look better because of who he was snapping to; and I am cautious of Patriot’s OL who often look pretty average after leaving New England.

I would also like to see an upgrade at Center. Just don’t want a more expensive but comparable talent.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Nate Soldier, (DT/DE went to Lions got PAID, blanking on his name-Patricia connection), RT/LT Raiders, again drawing blank.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Hope you are right.

That would still leave a big question mark at RT but a top-100 pick would be nice.

REALLY hope you are right.

strange how so many think a 1st rounder (top 32 ) is nothing but a top 100 would be nice