OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Per Pat McAfee Show JJ Watt to the AZ Sparrows 2 yrs $31 mill, $23 mill guaranteed! Rapsheet or that Shefter dude confirmed it.

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Is there another fucking division other than the NFC West that tries to get better? Gah damn!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The best but least talked about division in football! :rolleyes:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Somewhat surprised by the money.

Very surprised by the team.

Thought he would choose a team closer to being a Super Bowl contender.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lololol

People thought he’d sign for cheap and chase a ring. This signing should work out about as well as their signing of Suggs. Congrats on the paycheck JJ enjoy finishing 3rd and not make the playoffs.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Per Pat McAfee Show JJ Watt to the AZ Sparrows 2 yrs $31 mill, $23 mill guaranteed! Rapsheet or that Shefter dude confirmed it.

Watt is chasing the money here. He was full of shit talking about going to a SB contender. I'm sorry but the Cards fucking suck. I'm ok with it tho because it means they keep ignoring the offensive line. Murray's going to sound like Wussell soon talking bout I'm tired of getting hit hahahahaha.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So much for watt wanting a championship. He just wanted out of Houston.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Also to add to this, this is why I think Floyd is gone. All it takes is one team to be stupid enough to throw a huge amount of money at a player to convince them to sign. Floyd's agent is definitely paying attention to this signing.

btfd16

Rookie
The Cards definitely don't suck, but they're far away from a ring. Hopefully this signing causes them to not have the money for Reddick.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Also to add to this, this is why I think Floyd is gone. All it takes is one team to be stupid enough to throw a huge amount of money at a player to convince them to sign. Floyd's agent is definitely paying attention to this signing.
No doubt at all! I agree!

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Cards definitely don't suck, but they're far away from a ring. Hopefully this signing causes them to not have the money for Reddick.
Nah they suck in terms of being a SB contender which is what Watt was selling as what he was looking for. I'd bet my last dollar that his agent was like you better not pass that type of money up cuz you'll never get a better offer. A win for Watt not so much for the Cards as they are tying up CAP in an aging player.

btfd16

Rookie
Nah they suck in terms of being a SB contender which is what Watt was selling as what he was looking for. I'd bet my last dollar that his agent was like you better not pass that type of money up cuz you'll never get a better offer

I don't really see that as the case. Football is the one pro sport you can turn the corner in a heartbeat. Us and the Niners have proved that in the last few years alone. Let alone Bills, Browns, Bucs (not really though because they got the GOAT). Their issue is coaching.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't really see that as the case. Football is the one pro sport you can turn the corner in a heartbeat. Us and the Niners have proved that in the last few years alone. Let alone Bills, Browns, Bucs (not really though because they got the GOAT). Their issue is coaching.
Yes that's true but the Cards biggest problem last year was protecting their QB. A pretty dumb investment if you ask me because once he went down last year, they were screwed. This move smells more like a worst case scenario they can sell merch and hope to their fan base. Makes me wonder if some owners want to also make up lost money due to the pandemic when I see moves like this. Watt is not the superstar he once was which is why he should have gone to a team with less question marks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is there another fucking division other than the NFC West that tries to get better? Gah damn!

With the Rams being so aggressive I think each team in the division needs to be aggressive too.

The catch is to be aggressive and be smart about it. I love this move for Arizona. Pairing him with C. Jones could be very good. Every team can use pass rushers. But I do not know the Cards salary cap and also think Watts injury history may make the size of the contract a bit risky.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
With the Rams being so aggressive I think each team in the division needs to be aggressive too.

The catch is to be aggressive and be smart about it. I love this move for Arizona. Pairing him with C. Jones could be very good. Every team can use pass rushers. But I do not know the Cards salary cap and also think Watts injury history may make the size of the contract a bit risky.

See that's where I see the problem, it's not smart considering his injury history plus he's past his prime. The Texans defense was shitty last year with Watt so there's that. Think they would have been smarter to protect their QB first then go for other pieces. Now they have less bargaining power in signing some big uglies. By the way, I was never a fan of signing Watt. Figured his past fame would get him overpaid. If they got him for much less, than it would be a much better signing.