2020 Rams Mock 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK, someone had to do it ...

I have no big name outside free agents of consequence coming to the Rams this off/pre-season. While i'd love to find room for RG Brandon Scherff, i'm going to keep it simple and only spend to re-sign a couple Rams players who are entering free agency themselves. Any saved CAP dollars will be carried over to 2021 as we are already down our 1'st and 4'th round draft picks, and we will want to use said savings to re-sign Kupp, Everett & JJ3 sometime early into the 2020 season. As you will see, the Rams will be getting much younger, but I believe this remains a deep play-off caliber roster. jmo.

Re-Sign :

Cory Littleton
Greg Zuerlein
ERFA's John Kelly, John Carraway, Johnnie Mundt, Coleman Shelton, Jake Gervase, and all Practice Squad members.

Departing Free Agents :

Andrew Whitworth
Donte Fowler
Michael Brockers
Aqib Talib
Blake Bortles
Bryce Hager
Marquis Christian
Mike Thomas
Austin Blythe
RFA-JoJo Natson
RFA-Morgan Fox

Trades :

Nickell Roby-Coleman (2021 4'th rounder)

2020 NFL Draft :

1) N/A
2) DE/DT - Mike Coe, Auburn
3a) Trade up with our 2'nd round draft pick for an earlier #2 pick.
3b) WR - KJ Hill, Oh. St.
4) C/OG - Sean Pollard, Clemson
5) S - Hamsah Nasirildeen, Fl. St.
6) QB - Brian Lewerke, Mi. St.
7) ILB - Mohamed Barry, Ne.

Rams 2020 53 Roster :

OFFENSE (23)

QB :
Goff
Wolford

OL :
Noteboom
Havenstein
Allen
Edwards
Evans
Sean Pollard*
Brewer
Corbett

RB's :
Gurley
Brown
Henderson

TE's :
Everett
Higbee
Mundt
Blanton

WR's :
Cooks
Woods
Kupp
Reynolds
KJ Hill*
Webster

DEFENCE (27)

DL :
Donald
Joseph
Gaines
Mike Coe*
Copeland
Lawler

ILB's :
Littleton
Young
Patrick
Reeder
Howard

OLB's :
Matthews
Okoronkwo
Polite
Durham
Ebukam
Carraway

CB's :
Ramsey
Long
T.Hill
Williams
Deayon

Safeties :
Weddle
Johnson
Rapp
Gervase
Scott

Special Teams (3) :

Hekker
Zuerlein
McQuaide

Practice Squad :

OL - Demby
RB - Kelly
C - Shelton
S - Hamsah Nasirildeen*
QB - Brian Lewerke*
ILB - Mohamed Barry*
UDFA #1 (CB)
UDFA #2 (CB)
UDFA #3 (WR)
UDFA #4 (WR)

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
3b. WR Hill. Where does he play? I guess if you were trading Cooks and Hill were to compete with Reynolds for the third WR spot but otherwise that is high for a WR.

5. Another safety? Rapp and JJ are the starters. I could understand improving over Christian but you have this guy on the P.S.

6. Lewerke I'm assuming would be backup QB competition for Woolford. That's understandable. But maybe not necessary.

7. Another ILB. With Reeder, Hager, and Kiser, Young and maybe Patrick this position is filled with late round talent, unless you take one early in the draft to replace all four I don't see the need.

The best picks are round 2 and 4. I don't know how the draft will shape up for either position group but Dline and OLine are the biggest needs. Only the coaches will know how the future shapes up for the OLine, (or thinks they know) because there could be a bit of shuffling. I'd like to see two OLine picks, maybe three. Not only do they need to replace Whitworth, but they need to address depth, possibly have a replacement for Noteboom in the case that he is not ready in time, and have competition for all three interior OLine positions, or at least two, unless Corbett, Evans or Brewer can claim them. It's difficult to go into a season with more questions on the OLine. It seems to be the biggest concern. So maybe a tackle added to g/c.

Dline also needs addressed. With Brockers possibly moving on, they need another De/DT, so good choice with Coe. I'd like to see them throw another pick at that spot.

OLB may or may not be another position to consider. Ebukam has some good qualities, and maybe Matthews comes back, but edge rusher may need to be considered. If Okoronkwo starts to step up his game then no. If not then they need to replace Fowler. Edge is very important in Wade's scheme. They may use the top pick on an edge rusher. This position may be tops on the to do list.

One position that I'd like to see upgraded is returner. Natson has been pretty good recently, but after watching Barner for Atlanta I think the position could be so much more. Jo Jo or as I usually man saying when I see him return...Oh No......makes me nervous every time he gets near tacklers.

Obviously it's early and I tend to look more for BPA at Position of need at draft time, but right now I'm just looking at need.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3b) Thomas is a free agent following this season and Reynolds will be entering his contract year in 2020. Reynolds may become useful trade bait. KJ Hill also has some return experience.

5) Weddle becomes a free agent following the 2020 season, this Safety pick is meant to prepare for the future (2021). The Rams have a play-off caliber team, it's going to be very tough for rookies drafted this low to make the 53 roster next season. I had to fight off the urge here for a developmental CB, it could have gone either way really.

6) A third QB in the pipeline is very necessary in case of an injury. Preferably, a quality veteran would be available, but our CAP may not allow for it.

7) If your only complaints are over these 3 late round draft picks, I feel i've done my job. Kiser didn't look good prior to his injury, I feel we can improve on him. jmo.

I'm not as worried as you about our 2020 OL. Noteboom was groomed for the position and did well when replacing Whitworth on those few occasions he substituted for him in 2018. If Noteboom's rehab requires him to miss a couple of regular season games, i'm confident Edwards can take up the slack temporarily. The Rams have plenty of OG/C depth currently on the team, we just don't know yet who is going to rise to the top. I like Corbett and Brewer for L & RG, but we'll have to see how it plays out. Once Noteboom returns, Edwards may slip back into LG. Allen basically just requires more experience, but i've drafted Pollard to compete at both C and OG. Shelton & Kolone will also be competing for starting and back-up roles at C/OG. My bigger worry going forward is Havenstein at RT, and why his play has fallen off so much this year. Is it playing next to Blythe that is affecting him, is it because he got paid this year and has become complacent, is he nursing an undisclosed injury ? I don't know, but Evans needs to prove he can come in without losing a step.

I'm also less concerned over our Edge OLB's, even with Fowler presumably gone. Matthews, Obo, Polite, Durham, Patrick, Carraway & Ebukam look like very solid competition for starting and rotational roles. jmo.

Last edited: