OFFICIAL 2021 Coaching changes / Black Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Would love to see him in the mix if we lose Staley and Frazier doesnt get a HC job

Not a fan, if the Rams lose Staley they could go internal with either CB Coach Aubrey Pleasant or OLB Coach Chris Shula.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chris Shula ? No way.Aubrey probably for sure.

Does Joe Barry go to the Raiders.

Keep in mind it was Chris Shula who recommended Brandon Staley to McVay....As to Joe Barry, Gus Bradley has been hired as the Raiders DC, so Barry stays.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Keep in mind it was Chris Shula who recommended Brandon Staley to McVay....As to Joe Barry, Gus Bradley has been hired as the Raiders DC, so Barry stays.

Thanks - don’t think there will be to much change with The Rams coaching staff this season.I don’t know the contracts of coach’s.Is it money or responsibility? Hard to see Shula jumping either coach in Pleasant or Barry.Staley more than likely stays on as DC

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t know where else to put this, so I’ll just drop it here.
I think the Rams would be very well served in getting Anthony Lynn on this coaching squad some way, some how.
He's the right kind of leader. I'm with you there as you cannot have enough of those types.

Sean should be looking to do things like this every year. Now granted there is a cycle here where coaches start hoping to catch on for key jobs. But with McVay's clout and Stan's deep pockets I think he could supplement his staff with creative hires like that every season.

Just make the job something in Quality Control as suggested above and then reap the rewards of having another good coach around. Worst case scenario it's just for the playoffs. Best case maybe a spot opens up when you lose Staley and you have a guy ready to fill in.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gus Bradley must have talents that favor him in interviews...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, crap.
No kiddin. That news had me thinking earlier that I cannot recall a coach who has won more with such crappy coordinators than what Sneaky Pete has done. That dude could sell sand in the Sahara.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What I find interesting about the Schottenheimer move is that Pete Carroll said just yesterday that he expected Schottenheimer to return.

Quick turnaround makes me wonder if the Front Office or ownership pushed back.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I find interesting about the Schottenheimer move is that Pete Carroll said just yesterday that he expected Schottenheimer to return.

Quick turnaround makes me wonder if the Front Office or ownership pushed back.
Is it my imagination or did it sort of coincide with the extension of their GM...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No kiddin. That news had me thinking earlier that I cannot recall a coach who has won more with such crappy coordinators than what Sneaky Pete has done. That dude could sell sand in the Sahara.
I love that it feels to me like the Rams did this. We shut down that offense to the extent that they finally fired Schotty (and it's not like we blanked them out anything). And you know what? I don't feel bad about that... At all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

An Oline that couldn't protect Wilson nor get the run game going against good defenses and its somehow Schottenheimer's fault? Since when has their GM ever given them a good Oline? He has always gotten a lot of credit for one really good draft. He's had more than his share of bad ones.

That being said. I don't want Scotty anywhere near LA.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It’s a long thread, so I am not sure if this has been posted but the Jets have Robert Saleh here in New York for an in-person second interview.

NY media speculation (correct about 43.7% of the time) has Saleh possibly bringing Niners offensive coach Mike Lafleur (Matt’s brother) to the Jets.

I absolutely hate the Niners but I think they are very talented and really well coached, so it would be good news if they lost a couple top coaches.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It’s a long thread, so I am not sure if this has been posted but the Jets have Robert Saleh here in New York for an in-person second interview.

NY media speculation (correct about 43.7% of the time) has Saleh possibly bringing Niners offensive coach Mike Lafleur (Matt’s brother) to the Jets.

I absolutely hate the Niners but I think they are very talented and really well coached, so it would be good news if they lost a couple top coaches.

View: https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1349333971834957824?s=20