2014 Nfl Mock Draft - Overreaction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
The Texans go with the best player available; the team could use an edge-rusher on the other side from J.J. Watt. I think Houston will be more inclined to acquire a veteran quarterback like Jay Cutler or Kirk Cousins rather than reach for one who doesn't deserve to go first overall.

Minnesota Vikings: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
TRADE! The Rams are able to auction off the second-pick for the second time in three seasons. Here, the Vikings move up to land Bridgewater. Minnesota has to get a franchise quarterback this offseason.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
Jacksonville goes down the road to land its future franchise quarterback. Clearly, the Jaguars have to get a signal-caller who can lead their team.

Cleveland Browns: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
With two first-round picks, the Browns are in a position to land the top wide receiver in the 2014 NFL Draft and still get their quarterback with a player who falls lower. Watkins on the other side from Josh Gordon could be a prolific tandem.

Oakland Raiders: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
The Raiders are another team that has to get a franchise quarterback. With all of Oakland's needs, I don't see the organization trading up with St. Louis. I think the Raiders can sit at five and still land their future signal-caller. Manziel would be a good fit in Oakland's West Coast offense.

Atlanta Falcons: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
The Falcons have to find a young pass-rusher to replace John Abraham. Barr is a great scheme fit for Mike Nolan.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
The Bucs saw Donald Penn show serious signs of decline in the second half of the season. Tampa Bay needs a tackle who can upgrade a pathetic offense.

St. Louis Rams: Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State
After the trade with the Vikings, the Rams get some offensive line help. Jake Long has had a history of injuries and now has a late-season knee tear to come back from. The Rams could play Erving elsewhere until he eventually replaces Long.

Buffalo Bills: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
The Bills need to get an upgrade at right tackle. Lewan could play there or go to left tackle with Cordy Glenn going to the right side.

Detroit Lions: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
The Lions have to upgrade their secondary receiver to go with Calvin Johnson. Detroit's offense is too dependent on Megatron. A big receiver like Evans would give the Lions a combo like the Bears duo.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
TRADE! The Steelers need some talented youth on their defense and a disruptor in the middle. Nix would be a perfect scheme fit in the middle of Pittsburgh's 3-4.

New York Giants: C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
The Giants have a had a weakness at linebacker for years. Mosley would be a good solution and could be a nice play-maker behind New York's defensive line. He would upgrade the Giants' pass coverage and run defense.

St. Louis Rams: HaHa Clinton Dix, S, Alabama
Safety was a weakness on the Rams' defense in 2013. Landing Clinton-Dix would be a nice upgrade for St. Louis.

Chicago Bears: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
The Bears defense needs help on the inside, especially if Henry Melton isn't brought back. Hageman would upgrade Chicago's run defense and interior pass rush.

Tennessee Titans: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
After moving down with Pittsburgh, the Titans take Gilbert. Tennessee could use more talent and depth at cornerback; Alterraun Verner is hitting free agency. Landing the top-rated corner at No. 15 is a good value.

Baltimore Ravens: Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Last year in the overreaction mock, Matt Elam was projected to Baltimore. This year, the Ravens find a replacement for Anquan Boldin. Marqise Lee would be a downfield weapon to work with Joe Flacco's big arm.

Cleveland Browns: Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
TRADE! The Browns move up with the Cowboys to get in front of Arizona for a quarterback. With extra picks on Day 2, Cleveland has the ammo to move higher.

New York Jets: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
The Jets have to upgrade the weapons for Geno Smith. A matchup nightmare like Ebron would be a good start.

Miami Dolphins: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
The Dolphins have to land some protection for Ryan Tannehill. With a deep class of offensive tackle, they should be able to do so.

Arizona Cardinals: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
The Cardinals land their replacement for Carson Palmer. Carr and his pocket passing meshes well with Bruce Arians' offense and Arizona's receivers.

Green Bay Packers: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
The Packers could move on from Jermichael Finley and Amaro would be a good replacement. His receiving ability would be a nice weapon for Aaron Rodgers.

San Diego Chargers: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
San Diego has to get an improved edge rush. This is low for Mack, but some defenders could slide in the draft the way Jarvis Jones and Sharrif Floyd did last year.

New England Patriots: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
TRADE! With Philadelphia helping them out, the Patriots move in front of Dallas to get the defensive lineman they covet. Tuitt is a perfect scheme fit for New England with his ability to play 3-4 end, 4-3 end and 4-3 tackle.

Dallas Cowboys: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
After the trade with the Browns, Dallas could use a three-technique for Monte Kiffin's defense. Jernigan is a perfect fit for that.

Cincinnati Bengals: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
The Bengals need another cornerback. Leon Hall was lost for the season, while Terrance Newman and Adam 'Pacman' Jones are old. Ekpre-Olomu is a gritty defender who should fit with Mike Zimmer.

New Orleans Saints: Scott Crichton, OLB, Oregon State
The Saints could use an edge-rusher to go on the other side from Cam Jordan. Crichton would be a great fit in Rob Ryan's defense.

Kansas City Chiefs: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
The Chiefs need more receiving talent for their offense. Dwayne Bowe has been a disappointment, and Kansas City doesn't have much else that creates problems for defenses.

Atlanta Falcons: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
TRADE! The 49ers move out of the first round because they have so few needs. Instead, San Francisco can do what it always does: stockpile draft picks. The Falcons have to replace Tony Gonzalez, and they can't do it with just anybody. Seferian-Jenkins' blocking and receiving ability make him a perfect fit to step into Gonzalez's role in Atlanta's offense.

Philadelphia Eagles: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
After the trade down with New England, the Eagles land an edge-rusher. Beasley could be a nice pass-rushing weapon in Philadelphia's 3-4 defense.

Carolina Panthers: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
In last year's overreaction mock, I had the Panthers taking Kawann Short. This year, I could see them taking a young offensive tackle to be the successor to Jordan Gross. Richardson would be a good long-term protector for Cam Newton.

Denver Broncos: Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
The Broncos have an aging Champ Bailey with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie entering free agency. Denver is going to need a young corner for the defense.

Seattle Seahawks: Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
The Seahawks land an edge-rusher. Michael Bennett was only signed to a 1-year deal. Murphy has the skills and attitude for the Seahawks' defense.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014overreaction.php

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It would be really sweet if Houston makes a run at Cutler or Cousins!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'd be shocked if H town passes up on Bridgewater or another QB

iced

Bill o'brien when hired for the texans job said his first priority is to fix the qb position..

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
First off I would not even entertain the offer by the Vikings period. The trade down from the overall second 2013 draft pick out of the top five down seven draft spots for a 8th pick & the #40 pick is a bad trade plain silly. Now you make a bad trade to select my 4th best OT with their first pick? This mock does not have the CB Darqueze Dennard going in the first round??? Then this mock has Fisher taking a injured plus a weak tackling strong safety with our 13th overall pick??? That Fisher will never permit. Once again just awful first round pick IMO !

his mock is not to my liking

RFIP

You would see a grown man cry if the Rams lost out on Watkins like they did Blackmon 2 years ago. I would NOT be in favor of this trade at all.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
First off I would not even entertain the offer by the Vikings period. The trade down from the overall second 2013 draft pick out of the top five down seven draft spots for a 8th pick & the #40 pick is a bad trade plain silly. Now you make a bad trade to select my 4th best OT with their first pick? This mock does not have the CB Darqueze Dennard going in the first round??? Then this mock has Fisher taking a injured plus a weak tackling strong safety with our 13th overall pick??? That Fisher will never permit. Once again just awful first round pick IMO !

I agree on not enough to move that far down. That pot has to be much sweeter.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I have to agree there just is not enough in return for the trade down and then the picks for the Rams in this Mock are weak.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
[quote post: 238810, member: 1119"]You would see a grown man cry if the Rams lost out on Watkins like they did Blackmon 2 years ago. I would NOT be in favor of this trade at all.[/quote]
Cause Blackmon been such a beast on the field oh nm he's got to stay outta trouble first

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Oh man... IDK. For one thing I don't agree safety was a weakness. When we got bear deep it seemed to always be that JJ was peeking in at the QB or Finnegan was getting flat out murdered out there. The safeties weren't pick machines but they were vastly improved from last year. In the end I think a consistently solid WR never appeared from our rotation and that's what we need.

Second biggest need is OL. I know nothing about Erving but hope he's as good as Mathews. I suspect to get a couple big interior guys with our mid picks.