20 Random They Might (Not) Be Giants Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. So much less stress when the Rams win this way. They should do that every week!

2. Yes, the Rams were supposed to beat this Giants team handily. But "should" does not always translate to "did," so its still cause for celebration.

3. Matthew Stafford was very sharp and made some amazing throws. I particularly liked the TD pass to Henderson. Very Warner-to-Faulk-like.

4. Speaking of Henderson... while he has received warranted criticism regarding his durability, he is a very consistent producer when he plays.

5. Cooper Kupp (despite a drop that resulted in Stafford's INT) was dominant. He has been as good as any WR in football this year.

6. The defense really came to play today, filling the stat sheet with sacks and turnovers.

7. With Lewis and Obo both healthy and making plays, the OLB spot opposite Floyd is suddenly a strength.

8. Floyd, by the way, is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

9. After getting a bad Rapp for his coverage this year (see what I did there), it was nice to see Taylor make two big plays.

10. The growing pains continue for Robert Rochell (his INT was the result of a receiver falling, more than anything), but I still think there is potential there.

11. Perhaps the right answer to "what will make the defense improve" is "gaining confidence by playing a few bad offenses.

12. Arizona is still rolling, but its a long season.

13. Take Dallas... they were talked up all week as contenders. Now, they're on the ropes (down by three with 2 minutes to go) against a mediocre Patriots team.

14. Or the Chargers. Many had them as contenders and at least one commentator had Herbert as the best QB in football. Today, they got their asses beat by the Ravens.

15. If the league is serious about addressing taunting, Aaron Rodgers should be fined for his "I own you" comment to Bears fans.

16. Don't think we'll be seeing a Stafford/Wolford QB controversy any time soon.

17. If I was a Giants fan, I would not have been happy to see Daniel Jones still playing in the 4th Quarter.

18. Johnny Mundt is a loss. The Rams have drafted two TEs in the last two years, though (Hopkins, Harris), so... next man up.

19. Do the Rams make a move before the trade deadline? I'd say that, if the answer is yes, it will be for a DB.

20. Is it me, or do you expect that, when McVay talks about Jared Goff coming to play the Rams this week, his tone will be reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter's "I'm having an old friend for dinner" line at the end of Silence of the Lambs?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
7. With Lewis and Obo both healthy and making plays, the OLB spot opposite Floyd is suddenly a strength.

Remember the off-season when so many here were ready to let Floyd walk ... ?

Remember the off-season when so many here were willing to release Lewis ... ?

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
15. Rodgers said he looked up in the stands and some lady was flipping double birds at him so I don't have a problem with what he did, I thought it was kind of funny

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
15. Rodgers said he looked up in the stands and some lady was flipping double birds at him so I don't have a problem with what he did, I thought it was kind of funny
Yeah.. if he did that in a player's face on the field? Well.. it would be dumb, but might fall under the rule. That? That's just fun.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

In general it's probably a good thing that our posters have not yet been given McVay's or Snead's jobs.

Flint

Pro Bowler
1. So much less stress when the Rams win this way. They should do that every week!

2. Yes, the Rams were supposed to beat this Giants team handily. But "should" does not always translate to "did," so its still cause for celebration.

3. Matthew Stafford was very sharp and made some amazing throws. I particularly liked the TD pass to Henderson. Very Warner-to-Faulk-like.

4. Speaking of Henderson... while he has received warranted criticism regarding his durability, he is a very consistent producer when he plays.

5. Cooper Kupp (despite a drop that resulted in Stafford's INT) was dominant. He has been as good as any WR in football this year.

6. The defense really came to play today, filling the stat sheet with sacks and turnovers.

9. After getting a bad Rapp for his coverage this year (see what I did there), it was nice to see Taylor make two big plays.

10. The growing pains continue for Robert Rochell (his INT was the result of a receiver falling, more than anything), but I still think there is potential there.

11. Perhaps the right answer to "what will make the defense improve" is "gaining confidence by playing a few bad offenses.

12. Arizona is still rolling, but its a long season.

13. Take Dallas... they were talked up all week as contenders. Now, they're on the ropes (down by three with 2 minutes to go) against a mediocre Patriots team.

14. Or the Chargers. Many had them as contenders and at least one commentator had Herbert as the best QB in football. Today, they got their asses beat by the Ravens.

15. If the league is serious about addressing taunting, Aaron Rodgers should be fined for his "I own you" comment to Bears fans.

16. Don't think we'll be seeing a Stafford/Wolford QB controversy any time soon.

17. If I was a Giants fan, I would not have been happy to see Daniel Jones still playing in the 4th Quarter.

18. Johnny Mundt is a loss. The Rams have drafted two TEs in the last two years, though (Hopkins, Harris), so... next man up.

19. Do the Rams make a move before the trade deadline? I'd say that, if the answer is yes, it will be for a DB.

20. Is it me, or do you expect that, when McVay talks about Jared Goff coming to play the Rams this week, his tone will be reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter's "I'm having an old friend for dinner" line at the end of Silence of the Lambs?
1. I wasn’t able to watch it so all I knew was it was 3 zip well into the 1st qtr, flashbacks to the jets last year.

5. I’m glad they figured out how to get Kupp and Woods going together.

6. It’s hard to not expect greatness from a defense that was #1 last year but there are so many new parts that it’s gonna be a work in progress.

7. Obo is finally showing why they’ve been keeping him around that speed is something they’ve been looking for.

10. That doesn’t say a lot for Long, they’d rather put up with Rochelle’s growing pains than have Long out there.

11. I like Jared, but this is a great opportunity to build some confidence for the defense. Jones is fast and athletic and got sacked 4 times. Jared is neither.

12. I didn’t think the browns would get squashed like that at all.
19. Surely even Snead has a limit to how many picks he’s willing to part with?
20. Hope McVay doesn’t get too hyped, I can see him getting cute trying to show everyone why Stafford is here a Jared isn’t, instead of just grinding the lions into the turf.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't recall a single poster wanting to let Floyd walk this past offseason. Are you exaggerating that for affect?

I do recall several posters, me included, worrying about tying up a roster spot with a guy who spent the off-season on the sideline and missed most of last year due to his previously injured knee, which requires constant management.. Seems like a legitimate concern to me. Many wanted to cut Obo, too (not me). Its tough to have two injured players tying up one important position. Ditto Micah Parsons, despite playing better than other linebackers when he's healthy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't recall a single poster wanting to let Floyd walk this past offseason. Are you exaggerating that for affect?

I do recall several posters, me included, worrying about tying up a roster spot with a guy who spent the off-season on the sideline and missed most of last year due to his previously injured knee, which requires constant management.. Seems like a legitimate concern to me. Many wanted to cut Obo, too (not me). Its tough to have two injured players tying up one important position. Ditto Micah Parsons, despite playing better than other linebackers when he's healthy.

No exaggeration, mostly it was about the cost factor necessary to re-sign/extend him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rapp looked like a different player for this game. Was he given a green light to play more aggressively? He hadn't been jumping routes like that all season. Whatever they decided to do, it worked well. I know its a crippled up Giants team, but the whole DB unit wasn't play with the big cushion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In general it's probably a good thing that our posters have not yet been given McVay's or Snead's jobs.
A lot of the same posters didn't like trading back in the draft and risking missing out on Bobby Wagner, the Tavon Austin pick, Noteboom playing guard, or David Long starting at corner this year.

Thats what those dumb posters named Snead and McVay suggested. I guess its a good thing that they aren't running the Rams either......... oh wait a minute .

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Rapp looked like a different player for this game. Was he given a green light to play more aggressively? He hadn't been jumping routes like that all season. Whatever they decided to do, it worked well. I know its a crippled up Giants team, but the whole DB unit wasn't play with the big cushion.

It looks like Morris is starting to utilize Rapp in the underneath robber zone area, near the los, which is where he belongs. Hopefully this is a sign that Morris is starting to understand his personnel.

bluecoconuts

Legend
3. It was nice to see Stafford settle into the game, as he gets more comfortable I hope to see the offence humming more and more. Glad McVay wasn't satisfied with the little errors that happened at times, but that's just everyone getting to know each other still. The delay of game stuff is an interesting one, I'm curious whats going on with those.

4. Henderson is looking really good, shifty.. When Akers is back next year I think that one-two punch is going to be lethal, there wont really be any drop off, especially as Hendo keeps getting experience. Like you said, availability is key. I also like Sony, wouldn't mind him sticking around if we can afford it, but that might be too much to ask.

9. Happy for Rapp, I'd still like to see him in the box more, but that was good to make a QB pay, he's been close a few times this year, so getting two and a game ball was well deserved IMO.

10. I think Rochelle will get there sooner rather than later, I like what I see physically. I was also impressed with Donte Deayon, up from the practice squad, he played pretty well. I wouldn't mind him sticking at this point, he could be a better player to sub in than Long, even though I had high hopes for D. Long. Snap count will be interesting

15. League doesn't have the stones most likely, they've been celebrating it, sort of a mixed message if you ask me.

18. Big loss, he's good in the blocking game. Higbee is probably the only other solid blocker in the TE group, I'll be curious if they put in some plays for Harris, he's been good on ST, fast to get down there, so I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in the receiving game. Hopkins may be the better blocker though. That'll be something to look at.

20. I feel bad for Jared, I think the Defence, as much as they probably have plenty of love for the guy, are going to be licking their chops at the opportunity to take him down, if nothing else for the bragging rights. You know Donald wants one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
18. Big loss, he's good in the blocking game. Higbee is probably the only other solid blocker in the TE group, I'll be curious if they put in some plays for Harris, he's been good on ST, fast to get down there, so I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in the receiving game. Hopkins may be the better blocker though. That'll be something to look at.
Yeah Harris forced a fair catch today by himself, was very nice timing in the game too. I feel bad for Mundt but I'm also excited to see more threat in the passing game. Guy like Harris is always open if that ball is placed right.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This game turned out to be what it’was supposed to be:
A big confidence builder/coming out for several players who needed it.

Lewis, Obo, Rapp, Henderson (as a duel threat), Tutu, even Hekker and big Skow.

My man Deayon finally got on the field and looked pretty good. I don’t see the Rams trading for any DBs. They can’t really afford anybody who might have more talent than the roster already has.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Donte’ Deayon, CB​

Donte’ Deayon had a strong performance against his former team after spending the last couple of years off and on the back-end of LA’s roster and practice squad. While the veteran has shown promise during training camp and preseason in recent seasons, the Rams have seemed reluctant to give him a chance - which is likely a result of Deayon’s slight frame.

It is noteworthy that Deayon was in the game early while David Long, Jr. was not, especially considering that the coaching staff cited Robert Rochell’s size and length when addressing the benching of Long in favor of the rookie.

From my perspective, it sure looks like CB Donte' Deayon has secured that 3rd corner position away from David Long .