20 Random Oh Hell Yeah Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
So much to unpack...

1. That was one of the most satisfying wins in a long time!

2. So many heroes today...

3. Cam Akers was the engine today. He kept the ball moving and the clock running. Guess we missed him two weeks ago, as the running game was night and day different. Having Whitworth back also clearly made a big difference in that department.

4. Aaron Donald was his stellar self before getting injured. He looked like he was going to come back in before the fumbled punt return, but perhaps that just my wishful thinking. I suspect it will take a lot for him not to play next week (if necessary, Jack Youngblood can give him a call!)

5. Leonard Floyd was also a beast. Gotta find a way to keep that guy.

6. Darious Williams made an unbelievable play, reading the screen, splitting the receiver and blocker, coming up with the catch, and taking it to the house.

7. Jared Goff turned in a gutty performance. He clearly was not 100%, but he avoided mistakes and made just enough plays (including a great ad lib on Akers' big catch and run) to get it done.

8. Shame to see John Wolford go out like that. Cheap-ass dirty hit by Jamal Adams. Absurd that the refs picked up the flag.

9. So many guys made plays. Morgan Fox, A'Shawn Robinson, Jon Johnson, Jalen Ramsey, Nick Scott... the list is long!

10. Nice to see Micah Kiser fight his way back to the field and make a big recovery on special teams (with a great strip by Samson Ebukam).

11. Matt Gay was a real find.

12. Russell Wilson must REALLY hate playing us.

13. Lots of collie molesters eating (sea)crow tonight!

14. I think we'll be watching the injury report more carefully than ever this week.

15. Turnovers 2-0. Win.

16. Halftime lead. Win.

17. Brandon Staley has done an incredible job this year. If any teams with HC openings are reading this, though, I think he'd make a horrible HC!

18. My son is worried. Let me explain... He and I are fans of the Rams and the Miami Heat. He lives in Wisconsin. The Heat eliminated the Bucks from the playoffs. His comment after the win: "If the Rams beat the Packers, they'll drive me out with torches and pitchforks!"

19. In addition to the injuries, we're going to have to have to worry about the QB depth chart again this week. I assume Goff starts, but who backs him up? Wolford? Bortles? Crazy.

20. I'm going to enjoy this for a day or two before I worry too much. This one was nice!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a physical and vicious division rival playoff game. I'm probably most impressed with the OL right now. The way they played compared to two weeks ago in Seattle is night and day. And keep forgetting Evans came in and we didn't miss a beat looking forward to reviewing him midweek after I'm done pounding scotch and bong tokes.

spamlord

Rookie
That was a physical and vicious division rival playoff game. I'm probably most impressed with the OL right now. The way they played compared to two weeks ago in Seattle is night and day. And keep forgetting Evans came in and we didn't miss a beat looking forward to reviewing him midweek after I'm done pounding scotch and bong tokes.
I was pumped the OL got Akers the holes to have a big game rushing. Especially Evans and Whit on the left side. But Havenstein got his ass handed to him by Dunlop on pass plays.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Still not enough time in Pass pro. Run blocking is decent. Still can’t get a yard on fourth down though

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was pumped the OL got Akers the holes to have a big game rushing. Especially Evans and Whit on the left side. But Havenstein got his ass handed to him by Dunlop on pass plays.
Yeah and we had guys winning and losing on both sides going back and forth it was nasty. But the OL took charge in the run game which is why we have Havenstein out there.

That was a quite highly tuned playoff bout IMO. You didn't have big offensive displays but winning with ball control, defense, and the run game is a tried and true method of many deep playoff teams.

The line dominated in the run game which was crucial. When we have Akers going apeshit and our defense pumping this team can play with anyone.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

They had their moments, espescially in the run game in executing to open lanes. Akers was a difference maker though and his vision and patience really was the key. He is as legit as I thought and maybe more!

As for pass pro, the O-line kinda sucked.
There was a play on Wolfords 2nd drive where our 5 guys created a nice pocket against their 4 and gave JW time. That was nice!
Otherwise, like all season long, they can't protect against stunts, they can't make a clean pocket on known passing downs.
Still, Whitworth and Co did enough to get us this win, particularly when they were making lanes and helping Akers dominate in the run game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle has some talent up front. What we just saw was definitely ugly at times in pass pro but the Seahawks left everything on the field too.

TexasRam

Legend
Yeah and we had guys winning and losing on both sides going back and forth it was nasty. But the OL took charge in the run game which is why we have Havenstein out there.

That was a quite highly tuned playoff bout IMO. You didn't have big offensive displays but winning with ball control, defense, and the run game is a tried and true method of many deep playoff teams.

The line dominated in the run game which was crucial. When we have Akers going apeshit and our defense pumping this team can play with anyone.

Agreed. I'll also add that some of Hekkers punts were really key at critical times. Ebukams forced fumble was a closer and Gay nailed his kicks. Also Webster with solid returns and non returns. So a shout out to special teams for flipping the script one game.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
39e84275b35822116ee8d5a5492cfbb8.jpg

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I thought OBO had a good game. Felt like I noticed him. He was in some some good run stops. Not sure if overall it plays out that way, but initially not focused I him thought was he made an impact. Of course, the DL were the true heroes of the game imo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ebukam deserves a special teams game ball as well. Punching the ball out was absolutely clutch. And Kiser recovered it.

This was a total team victory.

spamlord

Rookie
Seattle has some talent up front. What we just saw was definitely ugly at times in pass pro but the Seahawks left everything on the field too.
However, going forward, except for maybe the Packers, all the other teams have better fronts than the Seahawks

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
However, going forward, except for maybe the Packers, all the other teams have better fronts than the Seahawks
We've already seen them play and win vs Tampa. Not afraid of them. I am a bit concerned about Edwards in the next game but I think he'll probably make his way back since he did play some today.

Nobody in the NFC scares me tbh. Stars have really aligned for the Rams with health and roster. This team is primed for a run if they all buy in and do their jobs.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’m more scared about our health than anything the other teams can bring at us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They had their moments, espescially in the run game in executing to open lanes. Akers was a difference maker though and his vision and patience really was the key. He is as legit as I thought and maybe more!

As for pass pro, the O-line kinda sucked.
There was a play on Wolfords 2nd drive where our 5 guys created a nice pocket against their 4 and gave JW time. That was nice!
Otherwise, like all season long, they can't protect against stunts, they can't make a clean pocket on known passing downs.
Still, Whitworth and Co did enough to get us this win, particularly when they were making lanes and helping Akers dominate in the run game.
If you want to see true suckage queue up the game from 2 weeks ago when we lost the division to these fucks. The difference from that game to this one is crazy. What a difference Whit made. In that game we had Boom struggling, Blythe getting trucked on every key dropback and some other plays on top of that, even the TEs lost a lot.

And speaking of the TEs they seemed like they were good in blocking too probably greatly improved as well. Need to rewatch it this week and make it last so not in a hurry to look at it lol.

And btw it seems they finally faced the truth on Boom. I am very thankful he wasn't in there at LG. Evans either way took care of business.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not all teams have Wagner and Adams caliber players though.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Honestly, my biggest take away is that we beat a division rival who is loaded on O and is not bad, and was on the rise, on D. This was a big confidence booster for our team. I really hope that the ballsy performance by Goff has eliminated his yips. Play with swag my dudes! Lets enjoy this victory!

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
#20 without question. Lets enjoy this today watch the bears-Saints. I think we "can" beat either TB or GB. Would be fun to see the Rams in Lambeau in a playoff game....

Yesterdays game was great, lot of character and heart shown. Hope AD is ready to go.