20 Random Not Perfect, But a Ten, Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Ten wins.

2. Playoffs!

3. Let's not take this for granted.

4. The defense woke up this morning and quoted Thanos... "fine... we'll do it ourselves." 214 yards allowed, 4 sacks, pick 6, a safety, 4.4 yards per play allowed.

5. The special teams chipped in as well, with Matt Gay hitting his shots, and Nick Scott with a big blocked FG.

6. John Wolford did a nice job. He's certainly not going to make anyone forget Jared Goff as a passer, but his ability to make plays with his legs were a big plus.

7. I'm still very concerned about the OL. There were few running lanes, and Wolford had a short clock in the pocket.

8. Could Andrew Whitworth return and provide a spark where it is most needed next week?

9. I was worried early that mistakes might do us in, as we had two awful turnovers that made for a difficult start.

10. Once we took the lead, though, I felt confident that defense would take us home.

11. The fumble aside, I appreciate Cam Akers' game performance on a day when he clearly was not 100%.

12. Leonard Floyd registered his 10th sack and earned a $1.25M bonus... less than 48 hours after he went to the hospital with abdominal pain.

13. Floyd should buy Aaron Donald something nice.

14. McVay needs to find better answers in the Red Zone.

15. Of course, false starts don't help.

16. Time for a Three-match in Seattle!

17. Will Goff be healthy enough to play?

18. And, yes... the question of whether Goff should start is 100% a medical question. There is no QB controversy.

19. I know there are many of you who will ignore #18.

20. We live to fight another day!!!!!

dang

Legend
4. Rams end up with #1 defense in the NFL.
10. The pick 6 was huge for many reasons. Most importantly it put the Rams up at halftime where they are something like 35-0 under McVay.
14. Biggest deficiency in Rams offense IMO. No back corner ability. Everett missed a perfect pass in the end zone.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I could be wrong but I thought it was A'shawn Robinson who blocked the kick. What did ya'll see?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defense was dominate, without the turn over to start the day, we probably shut them out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
14. Biggest deficiency in Rams offense IMO. No back corner ability. Everett missed a perfect pass in the end zone.
Yeah and at one point in the game I was sort of laughing to myself about how exposed Everett was. He's so used to Goff reading past his shitter ass that he was like the fat kid in the audience when the spotlight switches to him. Wolford was relentless in taking shots to him even when the DB was in position.

I just feel like the guy is a full on JAG at this point. That old belief that he was a weapon we could tap into was wrong.

TexasRam

Legend
Not to pile on Everett but it starts with his horrible run blocking and constant penalties. Then its dropped passes, lack of fighting for passes and overall lack of awareness. He looks like a talented rookie. But he's been in the system for the length of his contracts and still is a complete mess. It's sad really. Lots of talent and passion but lacking in discipline and work ethic from what I can tell.

He Reminds me of Jared Cook. Such a waste of talent.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to pile on Everett but it starts with his horrible run blocking and constant penalties. Then its dropped passes, lack of fighting for passes and overall lack of awareness. He looks like a talented rookie. But he's been in the system for the length of his contracts and still is a complete mess. It's sad really. Lots of talent and passion but lacking in discipline and work ethic from what I can tell.

I was a fan of his prior to this year and often found myself defending him (he seemed to make plays just lacked opportunity) but this year I'm off his bandwagon. That endzone pass from Wolford could not have been thrown any better.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and at one point in the game I was sort of laughing to myself about how exposed Everett was. He's so used to Goff reading past his shitter ass that he was like the fat kid in the audience when the spotlight switches to him. Wolford was relentless in taking shots to him even when the DB was in position.

I just feel like the guy is a full on JAG at this point. That old belief that he was a weapon we could tap into was wrong.

I think he lost himself A LOT of money this year

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think he lost himself A LOT of money this year
Agreed on both. He's like quite a few guys on this offense who are the reason it's no longer special. Gurley and Cooks out who's gonna step up? Not Everett. Not Reynolds. Not Brown. Not Henderson. It's been single elimination for the staff I think all season long and they're down to rookies basically.

But they do get Whit back. Thank fuck. And a good bit more than him.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Cook is much, much better than Everett. Cook is a really talented athlete who is frustratingly inconsistent. But he put the Packers in the playoffs a couple of years ago and has made a lot of plays over the course of his career.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams Twitter indicated Scott blocked the kick. If it was Robinson, good on him.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, looks to me like #33 Nick Scott swoops in from the left side and blocks it with his left hand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
#94 blocks it; Robinson

0DD433A3-1901-4637-AB3F-EF8973BE32E7.png

6E369673-9F23-433E-B903-0E4EEA6AFDE1.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scott did have a nice game though. Sure was a nice pick by our ST coach. :biggrin: