20 Random Bye Week Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. I'm glad I took a few days off from talking Rams football. Those mental bumps and bruises, acquired during the last two games, are feeling better and I'm ready to hit the field for the stretch run.

2. Pretty good bye week. Cowboys lost. Packers lost. Saints and Panthers lost, preserving our 2 game lead over the 6th seed in the NFC.

3. But... frickin' Seahawks... YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!! Beat the Cardinals at home with Kyler Murray on the sideline! But, no! Pathetic.

4. The Seahawks are done. The Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era is over.

5. The mighty just keep falling this year. The Titans lost to the Texans?!?!?!?! The Bills were blown off the field by the Colts?!?!?! The Saints defense gives up 40 to the Eagles?!?!?!

6. What these upsets show, besides affirming the "any given Sunday" mantra, is that match-ups, game plans, and execution dictate outcomes every bit as much as talent.

7. Applying that concept to the Rams, rather than worrying about weaknesses and "blueprints," we need to focus on controlling the narrative and playing to our strengths.

8. On offense, I think we need to "re-discover" the running game and its offshoot, play action passing. Our run blocking has been reasonably effective. We just seem to be, at times... well... impatient.

9. On defense, we need to be stout on early downs and let the pass rush do its thing.

10. Sure, easy to say... harder to accomplish. But, hey... I'm just a fan. Its on Sean McVay and company to make it happen.

11. The Packers are very good, but they are beatable. Our offense should be able to move the ball on them, and their DBs should have trouble with Kupp, OBJ and the rest.

12. We need to get off to a strong start and take their running game out of the equation. That's what we failed to do last year in the playoffs.

13. Aaron Rodgers just keeps giving me new reasons to dislike him. His post-game humble brag, complaining about how bad his toe hurt after throwing for 385 yards and 4 TDs... just STFU.

14. Jalen Ramsey has been very effective lining up in the slot and roaming, but I wonder if we should have him play more of a lock-down role on Davante Adams next Sunday, given that he receives about a 1/3 of the Packers' targets and produces more than 1/2 of their passing yards.

15. I think we'll see a real contribution from OBJ next week. He should be far more familiar with the Rams' offense, and he'll be determined to show his worth.

16. Von Miller should also be more acclimated, and back to full health.

17. I don't think we should look at a game at Green Bay as a "must win." Rather, its an opportunity. A win next Sunday would be huge. A loss would be bad, but would not end our season.

18. I was supposed to be going to the game, but my son, who I was going to go with, tore his ACL, so I ended up unloading the tickets. We'll be watching, though, from his home in Madison, and I'll be wearing the Rams colors in hostile territory!

19. McVay is 3-1 post-bye week in his 4 years. Let's make it 4-1!!!!

20. Its late-November. Its getting colder. Now... it gets real.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
1. I'm glad I took a few days off from talking Rams football. Those mental bumps and bruises, acquired during the last two games, are feeling better and I'm ready to hit the field for the stretch run.

2. Pretty good bye week. Cowboys lost. Packers lost. Saints and Panthers lost, preserving our 2 game lead over the 6th seed in the NFC.

3. But... frickin' Seahawks... YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!! Beat the Cardinals at home with Kyler Murray on the sideline! But, no! Pathetic.

5. The mighty just keep falling this year. The Titans lost to the Texans?!?!?!?! The Bills were blown off the field by the Colts?!?!?! The Saints defense gives up 40 to the Eagles?!?!?!

6. What these upsets show, besides affirming the "any given Sunday" mantra, is that match-ups, game plans, and execution dictate outcomes every bit as much as talent.

7. Applying that concept to the Rams, rather than worrying about weaknesses and "blueprints," we need to focus on controlling the narrative and playing to our strengths.

8. On offense, I think we need to "re-discover" the running game and its offshoot, play action passing. Our run blocking has been reasonably effective. We just seem to be, at times... well... impatient.

9. On defense, we need to be stout on early downs and let the pass rush do its thing.

10. Sure, easy to say... harder to accomplish. But, hey... I'm just a fan. Its on Sean McVay and company to make it happen.

11. The Packers are very good, but they are beatable. Our offense should be able to move the ball on them, and their DBs should have trouble with Kupp, OBJ and the rest.

12. We need to get off to a strong start and take their running game out of the equation. That's what we failed to do last year in the playoffs.

13. Aaron Rodgers just keeps giving me new reasons to dislike him. His post-game humble brag, complaining about how bad his toe hurt after throwing for 385 yards and 4 TDs... just STFU.

14. Jalen Ramsey has been very effective lining up in the slot and roaming, but I wonder if we should have him play more of a lock-down role on Davante Adams next Sunday, given that he receives about a 1/3 of the Packers' targets and produces more than 1/2 of their passing yards.

15. I think we'll see a real contribution from OBJ next week. He should be far more familiar with the Rams' offense, and he'll be determined to show his worth.

16. Von Miller should also be more acclimated, and back to full health.

17. I don't think we should look at a game at Green Bay as a "must win." Rather, its an opportunity. A win next Sunday would be huge. A loss would be bad, but would not end our season.

18. I was supposed to be going to the game, but my son, who I was going to go with, tore his ACL, so I ended up unloading the tickets. We'll be watching, though, from his home in Madison, and I'll be wearing the Rams colors in hostile territory!

19. McVay is 3-1 post-bye week in his 4 years. Let's make it 4-1!!!!

20. Its late-November. Its getting colder. Now... it gets real.

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

dang

Legend
21. Give Stafford a well balanced first series. Run the damn ball and some quick hits to OBJ and Kupp. Build his confidence early. Remember McVays little record when leading at halftime. Well fuckin get a first half lead!!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Cardinal were a short missed FG away from losing to the Vikings as well so they're not invulnerable.

But I think the Rams have a tougher road for the rest of the way.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A lot needs to change for the Horns to have a chance at the upset at Lambeau...But a win Sunday would be huge..But as stated above they need to play football instead of this Pop Warner product they've put on the field the past 2 weeks...A couple more stink bombs and the playoffs could slip away..They need to act like they want to win this week...

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
A lot needs to change for the Horns to have a chance at the upset at Lambeau...But a win Sunday would be huge..But as stated above they need to play football instead of this Pop Warner product they've put on the field the past 2 weeks...A couple more stink bombs and the playoffs could slip away..They need to act like they want to win this week...

We lose our third in a row, and after a bye, we can likely assume that this is no super bowl year, barring a miracle.

But the Rams can do better if they don't turn the ball over and it would also be nice to be up 7-0 instead of trailing.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
An aside...I live in So. Oregon and just saw a chunky soup commercial with Sean McVay...Haven't seen him in anything before this...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Everyone was saying this before the season. I didn’t believe it. Boy, they have fallen fast.

One thing I’d like to see more; dictate the tone by setting it. In our losses, it felt like we were playing the game the other team wanted.

I watched the Vikes/Pack in attempt to “scout” the Pack more… even with Minnesota putting 34 on them, that defense is good. The secondary is solid, which could be a tougher matchup.

They lost their Left Tackle in the Vikings game. He was already the backup LT. Might be a matchup to exploit next week.

Name
SparkleStick
We lose our third in a row, and after a bye, we can likely assume that this is no super bowl year, barring a miracle.

But the Rams can do better if they don't turn the ball over and it would also be nice to be up 7-0 instead of trailing.
No we didn't lose three in a row.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I could not agree more, the team has lacked passion the last two games in every area. I would like to see more of a commitment to the run game with 12 personnel. McVay needs to trust Kendall Blanton, he was a great blocker at Missouri and lord knows he's big enough.

Also the offensive line has had two bad games in a row after many of us praised the likes of Coaches Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones, they need to get back to playing well plus giving Stafford time. Joe Barry former McVay assistant that he passed over twice for DC, will want to stick it to his old friend, but I'm hoping McVay changes it up, like he did against New England last year with more running and I would even like to see some of Buddy Howell the bigger back the Rams have.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I could not agree more, the team has lacked passion the last two games in every area. I would like to see more of a commitment to the run game with 12 personnel. McVay needs to trust Kendall Blanton, he was a great blocker at Missouri and lord knows he's big enough.

Also the offensive line has had two bad games in a row after many of us praised the likes of Coaches Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones, they need to get back to playing well plus giving Stafford time. Joe Barry former McVay assistant that he passed over twice for DC, will want to stick it to his old friend, but I'm hoping McVay changes it up, like he did against New England last year with more running and I would even like to see some of Buddy Howell the bigger back the Rams have.

The online didn't play bad against the 9ers

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can't say I blame you there. I did the same for the most part. Onward and upward.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Just remember that the Packers are missing potentially a top 3 CB in the NFL (Alexander), potentially a top 3 LT in the NFL (Bakhitairi), a really good lineman in Jenkins (injured yesterday), and a likely top 10 RB (A.Jones). Add to that their QB is hurting (and a douchebag). It looks like all but Bakhitairi are out against us, he has a chance. Just imagine us in that position, that'd be a tough pill to swallow (equivalents: Ramsey, Whitworth, Corbett, Henderson).

Lets hope McVay and Stafford and fully prepared to play in GB on sunday. And yes, if they do not stick Ramsey on Adams for the entire game, I'd love to hear a valid reason why not? Locking up Adams (and I'm not sure even Ramsey can do that) will hamper the Packers offense like no other team in the NFL. They live and die with Adams. There is no reasonable reason that Ramsey shouldn't stick to him like glue. Cannot be having Rochell, Deayon, or Williams on him getting toasted. And, if we do, its entirely on Morris' back.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Flatlyner,
I agree with much of what you said but are you implying that A. Rodgers will not be able to get out there against us?
Had not heard this if true.

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The online didn't play bad against the 9ers

There were a few hiccups, but I think you're on point, if they had stuck to the run game the 49er defensive line would not have been able to pin their ears back.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
There were a few hiccups, but I think you're on point, if they had stuck to the run game the 49er defensive line would not have been able to pin their ears back.
agreed, once again mcvay getting away from what's working. Reminds me of the Bills right now

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Flatlyner,
I agree with much of what you said but are you implying that A. Rodgers will not be able to get out there against us?
Had not heard this if true.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Unfortunately not true. And bad toe or not Rodgers just threw for 385 yards and 4 TDs yesterday.

The injury at left tackle is another matter. Don't know what depth GB has on the oline, but that could be a key weakness against a healthy AD and hopefully healthy Miller.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
An aside...I live in So. Oregon and just saw a chunky soup commercial with Sean McVay...Haven't seen him in anything before this...
French fries!? Cmon!!