1974 Rams Yearbook | Olsen and Youngblood lead dominant defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I've watched this a few times and I remember back then being 8 years of age and was shocked that John Hadl was traded, but Hadl had not been good since like after the 10th game of 73 and was 7-23 in the playoffs against Dallas and it carried over into 1974.

Hadl tells the story that owner Carroll Rosenbloom was at a practice and Hadl's ball was fluttering and Rosenbloom asked him what was wrong with his arm and Hadl told him, it was not his arm, it was his back and two weeks later he was traded to Green Bay.

Rams received quite a hall for Hadl five draft choices from the Packers and they rebuilt their older offensive line with some of those picks drafting LT Doug France & RG Dennis "Hercules" Harrah. I liked James Harris and thought he could take the Rams to a Super Bowl, but it never happened....Bittersweet memories all those years under Chuck Knox as the Rams always seemed a QB away.