17 Game Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

With new TV deals in place, the NFL will have a new-look regular season.

For the first time since 1978, the NFL will expand the total number of games that count from 16 to 17. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league will adopt 17 games for 2021.

Earlier today, Commissioner Roger Goodell said that a vote on a 17-game season is on the agenda for the league meetings set for later this month. The only question left to conclusively resolve is whether the league will have three or two preseason games.

The league most likely will stick with three preseason games, in order to retain the total 20-game season. Before the NFL played 16 regular-season games and four preseason games, the NFL had 14 regular-season games and six preseason games.

Also, a 17-and-3 model would allow the NFL to eventually expand to 18, with the ability to trade a reduction to two preseason games when the next season expansion inevitably occurs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We get Baltimore for our 17th game. Also I like games being on Amazon Prime.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I hate Amazon because of Bezos but while I'm grumbling about him I'm ordering shit on his website. :ROFLMAO:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
While I certainly like a 17'th game, i'm very uncomfortable with them not adding a 2'nd BYE week. It's a long season and more rest would prevent injuries as well as extend the season, ... meaning more CAP for the league and teams.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
While I certainly like a 17'th game, i'm very uncomfortable with them not adding a 2'nd BYE week. It's a long season and more rest would prevent injuries.

I'm sure the NFLPA would go for a Week 9 league bye. It would suck to have to play a team with a week 9 and 10 bye tho haha

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm sure the NFLPA would go for a Week 9 league bye. It would suck to have to play a team with a week 9 and 10 bye tho haha
I think they could handle it like Thanksgiving, with just a very limited number of teams participating.

Tano

Legend
Yeah I hate Amazon because of Bezos but while I'm grumbling about him I'm ordering shit on his website. :ROFLMAO:
I thought Bezos resigned/retired. Hopefully who takes over can improve Amazon so we can start to get on board with them now

Yeah right

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yep. Between Amazon and the pandemic I could barely find my way to the mall the other day. I kept trying to figure out which turn it was going to be.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We get Baltimore for our 17th game. Also I like games being on Amazon Prime.

Going by that schedule rotation, we would face the AFC team that was the same ranking as us in our respective divisions starting from the AFC North -> AFC East -> AFC South -> AFC West

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yep. Between Amazon and the pandemic I could barely find my way to the mall the other day. I kept trying to figure out which turn it was going to be.

Yup, my home pantry courtesy of Amazon, pretty much. Hard to beat prices delivered right to your front door, convenient as hell. Bezos on the other hand, a genuine prick imo.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d like to petition that the Rams always play their 17th game against the worst team in the league each season. I haven’t asked for much.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going by that schedule rotation, we would face the AFC team that was the same ranking as us in our respective divisions starting from the AFC North -> AFC East -> AFC South -> AFC West
Which is Baltimore.

sloramfan

Starter
baltimore, schmal-ti-more...

we'll have home field wrapped up by then, looking foward to the last week, extra bye, scrubfest (not!)...

go rams

slo

Q729

Legend
Good. Extend the season long enough so President's Day falls right after the Super Bowl.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don’t like the idea of extra bye weeks and I honestly don’t see what adding another week to the schedule brings to better the product.

If they are going to make the game a better product there are other things that can be done to try achieving that.

Knock off all the political and racial bullshit. That would bring a lot of viewers back that they have alienated.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t like the idea of extra bye weeks and I honestly don’t see what adding another week to the schedule brings to better the product.

If they are going to make the game a better product there are other things that can be done to try achieving that.

Knock off all the political and racial bullshit. That would bring a lot of viewers back that they have alienated.

Each NFL team has 20 games a season. 10 home and 10 road. For years, teams and fans have made a mockery of preseason. Something needs to be done.

But fans still attend preseason games, they're able to employ stadium workers and the games are televised. They still make money off of preseason.

Not a single person would drop from 20 down to 19, thereby losing revenue. The only other alternative is the status quo - but you can improve the product by eliminating a preseason game and replacing it with a regular season game.

And also - if people are bothered by that "racial bullshit" then it means the players need to keep doing it.