10 yard splits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thehammer

Rookie
hopefully the nflnetworks times were slow
Lane Johnson 1.61
Kyle Long 1.68
Bitonio 1.69
Eric Fisher 1.70
Greg Robinson 1.71
Taylor Lewan 1.71
Jonathan Cooper 1.73
Jake Matthews 1.73
Ali Marpet 1.74
Jake Fisher 1.75
Jamil Douglas 1.75
Scherff 1.78
Flowers 1.78

Ricky Wagner 1.79
TJ Clemmings 1.80
DJ Humphries 181
Lael Collins 1.81 1.86 2nd try
Ty Sambrailo 1.81
Reese Dismukes 1.81
Andrus Peat 1.82
Mark Glowinski 1.82
Laken Tomlinson 1.83
Jarvis Harrison 1.84
Cameron Erving 1.84
Travis Frederick 1.85

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Seems like in years past - nfl networks times have been faster than the official times .... Maybe they overcompensated this year.

Athos

Legend
Seems like in years past - nfl networks times have been faster than the official times .... Maybe they overcompensated this year.

Quite a bit faster if I remember.

Curious though.......are the splits as important to OGs as OTs?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Quite a bit faster if I remember.

Curious though.......are the splits as important to OGs as OTs?

Stands to reason - with as much pulling as guards often do - maybe even more important - but numbers are never as important as ability.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
extremely important for oline...look at broadjump/vertical and lifts for power
and 10 yard split 3 cone and short shuttle for quickness/feet

just not much there...32 teams will pick over the best players in a heartbeat. March free agency means much more then the draft this year

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
just not much there...32 teams will pick over the best players in a heartbeat. March free agency means much more then the draft this year

Maybe Les was right when he traded away 4th and 6th saying that he just didn't think this draft was a deep as years past.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
extremely important for oline...look at broadjump/vertical and lifts for power
and 10 yard split 3 cone and short shuttle for quickness/feet

Well, Fisher said it was not a deep draft and that is why he traded for Barron. Taking a chance on Barron was worth more than the picks. That tells you something.

jjab360

Legend
Greg Robinson at 332 lbs had a faster 10 yard split time than any offensive lineman this year. He also had a faster 40 yard dash than anyone by almost 2/10ths of a second. I said it then, and I'll say it now, the guy is a freak of nature.

FRO

Legend
Greg Robinson at 332 lbs had a faster 10 yard split time than any offensive lineman this year. He also had a faster 40 yard dash than anyone by almost 2/10ths of a second. I said it then, and I'll say it now, the guy is a freak of nature.
Let's hope he can develop that physical ability into elite football ability. I think he can.

The two guys that are great fits for us in the first are Scherff and Collins. I think we can trade down a bit and still nab one. That should be the strategy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I really like what I have seen of Ali Marpet and Laken Tomlinson. I wonder what round they will go in. I recall Jahri Evans lasting until round 4. But I have my doubts about that happening this year with either.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What was the name of the guys the Rams really liked last year and the Niners drafted? Was it Brandon Thomas? What were his splits?

This first gen I pad no longer supports most sites so it is tough to look up without going to the computer.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
What was the name of the guys the Rams really liked last year and the Niners drafted? Was it Brandon Thomas? What were his splits?

This first gen I pad no longer supports most sites so it is tough to look up without going to the computer.
He had torn his ACL at that point I believe, so I don't think he worked out at the combine. Maybe I'm wrong though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just don't trust their timing system, unfortunately. Why can't they find something that works better? Every year, something seems fishy. I trust hand timing more.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Why don't we just get the official times immediately? I can't see it being very likely that 2 different groups timing something will ever be the same when dealing with 100ths of seconds. I don't even trust the official time from year to year. this years 4.35 may be slower than the 4.37 of last year. I pretty much treat every year independent of the next so this year OL with the best splits are the best guys this year and not necessarily fairly compared to last years times