10 things with Bobby Evans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
10 things with Bobby Evans

Sarina Morales

Each week we interview a different Rams player to find out about their lives on the field, as well as off of it. Team Reporter, Sarina Morales, asks the questions fans want to know, in a fun and conversational interview. This week, offensive lineman, Bobby Evans, spoke to Sarina about the difficulty getting through year one in the NFL, how happy he is that Whitworth and Blythe are back, and Tiger King.

1586037293524.png

1586037342131.png

1: Safe and sound
Sarina:
How are you and where are you these days?

Bobby: I'm in Texas with the family. I'm great, just maintaining and taking care of my people during this chaos.

2: Hill workouts
Sarina:
How are you working out on your own? Is there anything creative you've had to do?

Bobby: I am running hills and on a football field behind my parent's house. I am also using bands I have.

3: The boys are back!
Sarina:
How does it feel knowing Whitworth and Blythe are back for another season?

Bobby: It's great knowing Whit and Blythe are back because they help bring the younger guys up by being outstanding leaders and mentors for us.

4: Year one
Sarina:
Year one in the NFL was…

Bobby: Year one in the NFL was very challenging for me. I really learned a lot about myself, as far as how to live and maintain completely on my own. I had to prove that I can play on this level.

5: Home gym
Sarina:
Brian Allen bought a bike to ride around his neighborhood during this time, have you made any big purchases to help pass the time?

Bobby: I'm actually about to purchase a decent amount of workout equipment to put in the garage for offseason workouts and everyday use for my family.

6: Food is love
Sarina:
Favorite spots to order food from?

Bobby: Come on now, I'm an O-lineman, I love food from everywhere!

Hard work pays off pic.twitter.com/9X3AlEL30W
— Bobby Evans Jr. (@BobbyEvans44) May 22, 2019

7: Ditch the dishes
Sarina:
What's worse: Laundry or Dishes?

Bobby: Dishes are worse because you got to stick your hand in the sink to let all the nasty water out when you're done. Unless you're privileged enough with a good working dishwasher (laughs).

8: Tiger King
Sarina
: Have you been watching Tiger King?

Bobby: I actually started Tiger King last night because I'm [finishing up] with the spinoff series of Breaking Bad called Better Call Saul. What's crazy is that I almost went to that park a few times while attending OU.

9: Xbox is life
Sarina:
Item you can't live without these days?

Bobby: An item I can't live without at the moment would probably be my Xbox because it's like multiple entertainment systems in one. I currently don't have it with me so, yes, I've been dead inside for a while.

RT to join us in wishing @BobbyEvans44 a happy birthday! pic.twitter.com/TdnhjWyG2U
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) March 24, 2020

10: Celebrations
Sarina:
First thing you will do when things get back to normal?

Bobby: First thing I will do when things go back to normal, if I can, is throw a party for my birthday since I didn't get to celebrate this year!

1586037406076.png

TexasRam

Legend
Good head on his shoulder and good support system. If he can push himself to master technique and the playbook and get stronger he may improve a notch from inconsistent rookie to solid starter. I am pulling for the guy. Don't get me wrong, I want a Vet starter at LG but I hope Evans works his ass off so much that he sets the league on fire, if he is thrown in there this year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm glad he mentioned Blythe's mentorship and leadership.

One of the main reasons I wanted them to re-sign Blythe is that he is a consummate professional.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm glad he mentioned Blythe's mentorship and leadership.

One of the main reasons I wanted them to re-sign Blythe is that he is a consummate professional.

Blythe is also very smart, I truly believe Center is a perfect fit for Blythe, he's limited at Guard, but obviously has the mental capacity to play the position. Again I like them bigger at Center, but one of the reasons things got better was because of Blythe taking over at Center for Brian Allen.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As to Bobby Evans, still Luke Warm on Evans, although he seemed to be very physical at the point of attack, but let's not lose sight that Evans received far more assistance from the likes of Tyler Higbee & Johnny Mundt then Rob Havenstein did, although all of us do know that @BonifayRam would never be President of the Rob Havenstein fan club.;)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
let's not lose sight that Evans received far more assistance from the likes of Tyler Higbee & Johnny Mundt then Rob Havenstein did
Evans also faced a murders' row of pass rushers Mack, Jones×2, Lawrence, Judon, Clowney and Bosa. Havenstien was also a penalty problem last season, he committed the 2nd most penalties (8) on the team despite only playing 9 games. Hopefully Hav can bounce back but I wouldn't be surprised to see a competition at the RT position.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hopefully Hav can bounce back but I wouldn't be surprised to see a competition at the RT position.

I expect that as well and I was pleased with Evans, as initially, I was wondering why he was drafted ahead of Edwards as Edwards proved to be very good from the neck up, but as the season wore on the lack strength for Edwards was relevant IMHO.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I expect that as well and I was pleased with Evans, as initially, I was wondering why he was drafted ahead of Edwards as Edwards proved to be very good from the neck up, but as the season wore on the lack strength for Edwards was relevant IMHO.
Edwards also had problems with penalties, 7 in 10 games. He should be able to build and grow off of his rookie experience. I'm wondering if we see less cross training with guys like Evans and Edwards after their play in the regular season.

Ram65

Legend
Blythe is also very smart, I truly believe Center is a perfect fit for Blythe, he's limited at Guard, but obviously has the mental capacity to play the position. Again I like them bigger at Center, but one of the reasons things got better was because of Blythe taking over at Center for Brian Allen.

and Blythe wasn't playing next to himself at OG.

Ram65

Legend
I hope Evans gets those weights soon. One big thing that will hurt the young O Lineman is they don't have the Rams facility to work out in. They all need to get stronger.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
and Blythe wasn't playing next to himself at OG.
.....and Brian Allen wins the starting RG post next to Blythe @ center in 2020. Small short mutt & smaller shorter mutt starting @ OC/RG.
As to Bobby Evans, still Luke Warm on Evans, although he seemed to be very physical at the point of attack, but let's not lose sight that Evans received far more assistance from the likes of Tyler Higbee & Johnny Mundt then Rob Havenstein did, although all of us do know that @BonifayRam would never be President of the Rob Havenstein fan club.;)
Sadly I would be one deplorable club member of "Havenstein Fan Club" today in any capacity:(. I take no pleasure in that fact.

I know that I am in a small minority here @ ROD on the "Havenstein Issue". I see most members are far more supportive on Havenstein's future here...... Usually looking @ Havensteins RT Ram career as a whole (2015 thru 2019) & see only one season as poor & four as good to very good. Seeing his 2019 season was a freak. Thus, ROD is certainly much more positive than I.

I wish I felt the same way & could join the Havenstein fan club I miss it. I genuinely desire Havenstein's returns to his previous good overall performance. I see him a totally great person a recent new husband & now a new father with a new family.

Regrettably, I perceive he will be unable to regenerate his previous pass blocking skills to the needed level that Goff & this offense will mandate in the future. I will join in with ROD & hope my perception of this Ram is entirely inaccurate & will be thrown in the direction of in my cyberspace face often.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hope Evans gets those weights soon. One big thing that will hurt the young O Lineman is they don't have the Rams facility to work out in. They all need to get stronger.

That’s a good point. The guys can do cardio easy enough from home, running hills, stuff like that.

But yeah; wonder how many aren’t getting good access to quality weights?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That’s a good point. The guys can do cardio easy enough from home, running hills, stuff like that.

But yeah; wonder how many aren’t getting good access to quality weights?

I thought he said he was getting more weights. So bulking up right now is good timing. Aaron Donald never stops. Max bench 500lbs wtf ?
That is a downside. Not having w