Zimmer: Teddy Bridgwater "long way to go"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is like claiming that Bo Jackson wasn't built to survive in the NFL, except that Jackson's injury at least involved contact.
Bo was built for the game. I would put his injury more on the fact he didn't train for football. He'd play baseball, then joined the Raiders almost mid-season. Looked like a lack of flexibility...and a fluke injury caused by a player dragging him down in an awkward position....while going full speed. Damn shame too...Bo was special. He just didn't train properly in the offseason for the contact.

Marcus Lattimore suffered the same knee injury. He was 5'11" 220. Willis McGahee did too.
Marcus was an injury prone college player. And looking at him, he didn't have the muscle development of a 211 lb running back. He'd already had a couple knee injuries if I remember correctly. He's exactly the type of player I'd say wasn't built for the league. Willis is different. His knee was blown out in a fantastic collision. It was a gruesome injury....I doubted he would ever play again...or have the incredible speed he displayed as a player. Credit to him for all his hard work, although he never was as fast again, he returned to be a fine pro player. Obviously McGahee was "built" for the game.

Teddy just crumpled...no contact...reminds me of Sam in carolina....or when he was pulled down in preseason. Barely touched.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
He's a FA after 2017 and Bradford is a FA after 2017! The Vikings better do something or they are going to be in a World of crap in 2018!! Especially IF Bradford has a real good year!(y);)
He won't. I don't get y'all's love for Bradford. The guy is average.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This may sound heartless... but the viqueens deserve both of these QBs... Teddy & Sammy. Perfect fits for the queens imo.

Older Ram Fans will understand. We wish nothing but the worst for that sorry franchise. Fuck them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bo was built for the game. I would put his injury more on the fact he didn't train for football. He'd play baseball, then joined the Raiders almost mid-season. Looked like a lack of flexibility...and a fluke injury caused by a player dragging him down in an awkward position....while going full speed. Damn shame too...Bo was special. He just didn't train properly in the offseason for the contact.

Champ, you're just drawing arbitrary distinctions between players. Bo's career ended because of a freak injury. He wasn't the first NFL players that happened too; he wasn't the last either. There was nothing he could have done to train for it. It simply happens. It's random chance.

Marcus was an injury prone college player. And looking at him, he didn't have the muscle development of a 211 lb running back. He'd already had a couple knee injuries if I remember correctly. He's exactly the type of player I'd say wasn't built for the league. Willis is different. His knee was blown out in a fantastic collision. It was a gruesome injury....I doubted he would ever play again...or have the incredible speed he displayed as a player. Credit to him for all his hard work, although he never was as fast again, he returned to be a fine pro player. Obviously McGahee was "built" for the game.

No, McGahee wasn't any more "built" for the game than Lattimore. They both suffered the same knee injury on the same type of play. Meanwhile, Frank Gore tore his ACL in back to back years at Miami. I guess he wasn't "built" for the NFL, but wait, he is coming back for his 13th season.

Your reasoning is just arbitrary. Fluke injuries happen. Injuries like the ones that Teddy, McGahee, Lattimore, etc. suffered are flukes. If it were broken bones, soft tissue injuries, recurring ligament issues, I could see your point. However, an injury that severe isn't explainable as anything other than a complete fluke, just like Bo's injury.

Teddy just crumpled...no contact...reminds me of Sam in carolina....or when he was pulled down in preseason. Barely touched.

Which makes it even more of a fluke injury. How many times have we seen durable players suffer severe non-contact knee injuries? It has nothing to do with build or training. It's simply the danger of football. It's a lot of stress to put on a man's body. We see the same issues in baseball with elbow/shoulder injuries for pitchers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Latimore looked "soft"....and had that top heavy look. McGahee looked heavily muscled, much like Bo. McGahee's injury while not a fluke, was very unusual. He did suffer a horrendous hit to his knee. Bo was dragged down going full speed in an unnatural angle. I've often heard RB coaches to know when the play is over and go down..protect yourself. I thought Lattimore was an injury like Teddy...I thought his knee buckled, without contact, much like Bridgewaters.....
Of course...this is just from memory...could be wrong...

Seems like a lot of players now look like basketball players in pads...sorta like a trend. In the old days....QB's were massive men, able to dish & receive punishment. So were corners. Some can play at the thin stature quite well...others....well, look around....I still say, extremely thin, you're at risk...a significantly higher risk...to have your career end from injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Latimore looked "soft"....and had that top heavy look. McGahee looked heavily muscled, much like Bo. McGahee's injury while not a fluke, was very unusual. He did suffer a horrendous hit to his knee. Bo was dragged down going full speed in an unnatural angle. I've often heard RB coaches to know when the play is over and go down..protect yourself. I thought Lattimore was an injury like Teddy...I thought his knee buckled, without contact, much like Bridgewaters.....
Of course...this is just from memory...could be wrong...

No. It was a high-low hit for Lattimore.(video is not for the faint of heart)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LHhL2e61JE

Seems like a lot of players now look like basketball players in pads...sorta like a trend. In the old days....QB's were massive men, able to dish & receive punishment. So were corners. Some can play at the thin stature quite well...others....well, look around....I still say, extremely thin, you're at risk...a significantly higher risk...to have your career end from injury.

From what I have observed, durability seems genetic. It's not linked to size or build. Some guys just don't stay healthy. However, there are freak injuries that just happen from the stress of the game and bad luck. Bridgewater might have had durability issues. He had some injuries in college. But the knee injury he's currently rehabbing was simply a freak occurrence.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eli Manning is about as unimpressive physically as you can get. Hasn't missed a start in 10 years. And he holds the ball too long, takes a ton of hits he shouldn't.
Luck has a lot to do with it

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Has Bradford ever even been in the playoffs? I'm asking for a friend.

Just going to derail your argument by stating that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson both have Super Bowl rings.