Zack Greinke calls Chris Carpenter a “phony”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
by Drew Silva

Pre-series trash-talking is as rare as it is awesome in this modern era of Major League Baseball.

The Cardinals and Brewers don’t like each other. It’s a feud that goes back several years, to when the “Brew Crew” began celebrating their regular season victories by un-tucking their jerseys. Loud-mouthed center fielder Nyjer Morgan has only helped fuel that fire with his arrival in Milwaukee this year, and now another newcomer is getting in on the act.

Here’s what NLCS Game 1 starter Zack Greinke told a group of reporters Saturday when asked about the relationship between the two National League Central rivals — and specifically NLCS Game 3 starter Chris Carpenter — during a press conference at Miller Park (via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch):

“A lot of guys on our team don’t like Carpenter. … His attitude out there sometimes is like a phony attitude.”

Strong words about a 36-year-old ace, fresh off the finest pitching performance of his career. Let’s hope, for entertainment purposes, that both sides remain pissed off and talkative throughout the seven-game set

<a class="postlink" href="http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/08/zack-greinke-calls-chris-carpenter-a-phony/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... r-a-phony/</a>

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I know, I was pretty surprised that Greinke of all people would say that, considering his social anxiety.

I don't think the Brewers or their fans have any idea just how hot the Cardinals are right now. I don't want to make any rash predictions, but right now the Cardinals are playing like world beaters and the Brewers were struggling. It should be a fun series.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Zack probably forgot to take his meds on time that day.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Sully wrote a story on this too. He added some additional comments made by Greinke. Dude also talked about how the whole team dislikes the Cardinal team too.

Ya know why? StL wins. The cardinals have pretty much dominated the division for the last decade. All the other teams have been an afterthought and they cant stand it.

Carps in division numbers have been ridiculous throughout his career too.