Zac Taylor - a key cog?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

James Otto

Starter
I really wasn't paying attention, until I started paying attention. But has anybody else noticed that almost every pass Goff throws this year is a very precise and tight spiral? His first two years in the league, he would frequently throw wobblers, even on some of the accurate passes he would throw. He has also significantly decreased the amount of easy throws he misfires on.

I have to assume alot of this credit goes to Taylor, who is undeniably doing a great job with Goff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That very wobble was the reason why even though he had a slightly higher initial velocity than Wentz, Wentz threw a ball slightly farther.

This is also a big reason for Goff's improvement on his deep balls as well. Well, that and having Cooks to throw to instead of Watkins.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Tom House

It’s like a golfer going to work with Butch Harmon in the off season.

Goff works hard on his training!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tom House the man that caught Henry Aaron's 715th Home Run in the Braves bullpen among other things and we all have other things.

Jared Thomas Goff is always looking to improve and he goes above and beyond from that perspective. Some of us including yours truly were wondering how Goff would respond losing QB Coach Greg Olson to the Raiders and Matt LaFleur to the Titans, however, QB Coach Zac Taylor and Passing Game Coordinator Shane Waldron have made a smooth transition and Goff's play has been extraordinary this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
House understands that all rotation sports movements....a QB passing, a pitcher pitching, a golf swing, a tennis forehand, a fighter throwing a punch....relate to hips in a huge way. The term "arm strength" is such a misnomer.
Feet, hips, core, then upper body and arm action. The entire kenetic chain is involved in high level throwing.
When balls sail and float on QBs they are usually dropping their elbow in their throwing motion or they are doing something funky with their feet.
House is very knowledable and conviently located in LA but their are others that can train that kinetic chain as well or better.
Good Goff is seeing him however.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I slight wobble, is actually a more accurate than a tight spiral.

The sports science show did a study on it a few years back. Breese and Goff throw a very similar ball.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I slight wobble, is actually a more accurate than a tight spiral.

The sports science show did a study on it a few years back. Breese and Goff throw a very similar ball.

There are reasons for that.

Warner had more than a "slight" wobble and people went out of their way to say how catchable the ball he threw was.

Guys who throw super tight spirals generally pretty hard like Favre and Rodgers have broken guys' fingers and some receivers just struggle with it.

The physics behind it all is super interesting (to me, anyway)