Zac Stacy's calf injury not serious --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Zac Stacy's calf injury not serious
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12427/zac-stacys-calf-injury-not-serious

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- After coughing up a costly fumble in the second half of the St. Louis Rams' loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, running back Zac Stacy did not return to the game.

Many quickly assumed Stacy had been benched for his miscue but there was a press box announcement soon after declaring Stacy's return doubtful because of a calf injury. Upon further inspection, it sounds like the injury wasn't serious enough to keep Stacy from missing more game time.

“It looks like he may miss some practice time this week," coach Jeff Fisher said. "But, I think, preliminary evaluation is it doesn’t look like he’s going to miss the game. But, we’ll see.”

Stacy had 11 carries for 42 yards and four catches for 36 yards against the Eagles before departing, though his role in the offense has already reduced to more of a timeshare with fellow running back Benny Cunningham. Cunningham got most of the work in Stacy's place and figures to continue to get plenty of opportunities moving forward after providing solid production against the Eagles.

Cunningham finished with a touchdown and 47 yards on seven carries and three catches for 24 yards against Philadelphia. He also handled kick return duties with Chris Givens declared a pregame inactive.

“Benny was solid," Fisher said. "He didn’t get much help from his teammates on kickoff return but he did a nice job of fielding the ball and hitting it up in there. Offensively, I though he played well without the ball, as Zac did. Unfortunately Zac put one on the ground but I thought both the backs ran fairly well.”

Even if Stacy is able to play Monday night against the San Francisco 49ers, it's probably safe to assume that Cunningham will continue to share most of the work with rookie Trey Watts also stealing a few carries here and there.