Zac Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Emmit knows how lucky key he was. Look what Murry is doing this year in Dallas. The best oline in football has much to do with it.

I watched Bettis struggle with the Rams do to poor oline play. Everyone said he was washed up and that his career was over. Wasn't the case.

I like Emmit. But he doesn't have the same career elsewhere. Still pretty good though.

lockdnram21

Legend
I like watching Stacey plow through 4 defenders while another is hanging on for dear life. No other rb we have has the power Stacey does. Stacey is still #1 IMO, everyone else is #2.
and thats why hes always banged up. we need a runningback that cna run over players and has speed to make big plays. thats tre and Benny. No knock on Stacy but the other 2 are in a higher class if u ask me

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Emmit knows how lucky key he was. Look what Murry is doing this year in Dallas. The best oline in football has much to do with it.

I watched Bettis struggle with the Rams do to poor oline play. Everyone said he was washed up and that his career was over. Wasn't the case.

I like Emmit. But he doesn't have the same career elsewhere. Still pretty good though.

Emmitt was dominant before Larry Allen got there. He put up some awesome seasons with 3 or 4 of the OLs from the 1989 team that couldn't run to save their lives.

No doubt Dallas had great OLs but Emmitt was great before their OL became a dominant unit. Mark Tuinei had been in the NFL since 1983. Nate Newton had been in the NFL since 1986. Emmitt Smith was drafted in 1990. Those two players were elected to 8 Pro Bowls combined with Emmitt and 0 without him. In 1993, Emmit Smith held out. The Dallas Cowboys started off 0-2. Emmitt returned in the 3rd game but was not ready to play so he only carried the ball 8 times. Dallas won but only scored 17 points. In the 3 games where they basically were without Emmitt Smith, they averaged 14.3 PPG. In the remaining 16 games(counting the playoffs), Dallas averaged 26.8 PPG.

In those 16 games(counting the playoffs) that Emmitt played, he rushed for 1721 yards, 5.0 yards per carry, and 12 TDs. In the 2 games he fully missed, his backup Derek Lassic rushed for 127 yards and 3.7 yards per carry.

Yea, Emmitt Smith being carried by his OL and that offense is a myth. Smith was a HOF HB on most any team.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Emmitt was dominant before Larry Allen got there. He put up some awesome seasons with 3 or 4 of the OLs from the 1989 team that couldn't run to save their lives.

No doubt Dallas had great OLs but Emmitt was great before their OL became a dominant unit. Mark Tuinei had been in the NFL since 1983. Nate Newton had been in the NFL since 1986. Emmitt Smith was drafted in 1990. Those two players were elected to 8 Pro Bowls combined with Emmitt and 0 without him. In 1993, Emmit Smith held out. The Dallas Cowboys started off 0-2. Emmitt returned in the 3rd game but was not ready to play so he only carried the ball 8 times. Dallas won but only scored 17 points. In the 3 games where they basically were without Emmitt Smith, they averaged 14.3 PPG. In the remaining 16 games(counting the playoffs), Dallas averaged 26.8 PPG.

In those 16 games(counting the playoffs) that Emmitt played, he rushed for 1721 yards, 5.0 yards per carry, and 12 TDs. In the 2 games he fully missed, his backup Derek Lassic rushed for 127 yards and 3.7 yards per carry.

Yea, Emmitt Smith being carried by his OL and that offense is a myth. Smith was a HOF HB on most any team.
I never said he would have a bad career. Just the opposite. I also know that there was no one behind Emmit with any talent what so ever.

Yes Emmit was a very good back. I'm just on the side of the fence that his career is much less without great oline play.
So the oline goes, so the offense goes. Running game and passing game.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
and thats why hes always banged up. we need a runningback that cna run over players and has speed to make big plays. thats tre and Benny. No knock on Stacy but the other 2 are in a higher class if u ask me

When has Cunningham run over players? He's got good power but he don't carry defenders like that.

Stacy 3.9 ypc long of 16
Cunningham 3.8 ypc long of 14.

Where's the superior playmaking ability? Cause those numbers look the same to me. To me they're all about the same right now with Mason having the potential to be the best. But he's played 2 whole games. They each have things they do better than the other 2.

lockdnram21

Legend
When has Cunningham run over players? He's got good power but he don't carry defenders like that.

Stacy 3.9 ypc long of 16
Cunningham 3.8 ypc long of 14.

Where's the superior playmaking ability? Cause those numbers look the same to me. To me they're all about the same right now with Mason having the potential to be the best. But he's played 2 whole games. They each have things they do better than the other 2.
u have your opinion but i still feel benny and tre are in a diffent class

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never said he would have a bad career. Just the opposite. I also know that there was no one behind Emmit with any talent what so ever.

Yes Emmit was a very good back. I'm just on the side of the fence that his career is much less without great oline play.
So the oline goes, so the offense goes. Running game and passing game.

This is a team game. The OL is obviously going to be important but Emmitt was the rare type of HB that made his OL look even better than they were. He was amazing at pressing the LOS and hiding behind blockers, he had stellar vision, he had a special jump cut in the hole, and he broke/evaded a lot of tackles.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is a team game. The OL is obviously going to be important but Emmitt was the rare type of HB that made his OL look even better than they were. He was amazing at pressing the LOS and hiding behind blockers, he had stellar vision, he had a special jump cut in the hole, and he broke/evaded a lot of tackles.
As I stated earlier. He had good vision and toughness.
We're almost in agreement. Just not quite.