Zac Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So far stacy fumbled and Cunningham hasnt. Stacy hasn't showed that vision this year.

Last year count?

Benny+Cunningham+Tennessee+Titans+v+St+Louis+5ygSc7cgYIDl.jpg

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Either way stacy is not going to cover as much ground as either of the 2. I'm not just basing this off of yesterday. Every game this season Cunningham has looked better and vs SF both he and Tre looked better. Imo Cunningham and tre is better and it's not even close. When Tre gets his pass protection down he will probably become the work horse. No slight on Stacy we just have better options.

Covering ground isn't exactly Cunningham' s game, either. Disagree completely that Cunningham has looked better in every game. Mason has played two games so far. I doubt any of these 3 become the workhorse, as its better for the team's run game if they all get carries.

Athos

Legend
Mason has played two games so far. I doubt any of these 3 become the workhorse, as its better for the team's run game if they all get carries.

Unless you have one of the elite RBs in the game, going with a rotation of quality backs is about as good as you can get for the run game unless the Rams commit to drafting Yeldon, Gurley, Gordon next year.

Mason won't be the clear starter until his pass protection skills radically improve. Definitely want to see him more involved with the passing game though. Best first step explosion of any RBs on roster right now.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Unless you have one of the elite RBs in the game, going with a rotation of quality backs is about as good as you can get for the run game unless the Rams commit to drafting Yeldon, Gurley, Gordon next year.

Mason won't be the clear starter until his pass protection skills radically improve. Definitely want to see him more involved with the passing game though. Best first step explosion of any RBs on roster right now.

If they went elite RB in the 1st round it would be a bigger head scratcher then Trung Canidate.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, keeping in mind that it's early and that Fisher and Snead will throw a surprise or two in based on who falls to them - I'd expect them to get an OL or 2, a LB, and a DB at least. I think they'd trade down before taking a RB in the first at least.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I think Stacy has been hurt since preseason actually because he looked slow. I don't care who starts they all are pretty good. I'm just glad no one has said they think pead is the best back when he is a hesitant fumble machine.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No knock on Stacy, but I've always prefer Cunningham, I can't put my finger on why, just do! And Mason looks like he has the IT factor!:D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mason played in the SEC too though.
I'd lie if I said I wasn't worried about him too...Don't get me wrong, Emmitt came outta the SEC, but probably due to his style, Stacy probably has a higher risk of injury of all the RB's on the roster.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Didn't read thru 4 pages of this thread, but i'll assume its about Z.Stacy's lack of carries, his production and future as a Ram.

I REALLY like the RB by committee approach. It creates an atmosphere of competition. It's more difficult for defenses to gameplan for and defend.
The only thing that the committee approach takes away from is the "feature back momentum factor."
Most guys do get better and stronger the more carries they get in a game and then there are some backs who, over the course of a season, get stronger from week to week. I wouldn't necessarily put Stacy in that latter category in terms of a season, but he does get stronger as the game goes on.
Tre Mason seems to be a guy who will get better w/more game carries too. Mason handled the workload at Auburn, but we really don't know what he can handle at this level. Benny has never had to carry the heavy workload even going back to his days at Middle Tennessee St.

I will say this, i do prefer a primarily two back system over a three back approach. I like giving the bulk of the duty to two guys only, and giving your 3rd guy a few carries every now and then in certain situations. We have Tavon Austin here, so he'd be my 3rd guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
True. I forgot about Cunningham.
At this point I dont see the advantage of trading away depth however. With Cunningham and Stacy you have the power guys, with Watts and Tavon the speed guys and with Mason sort of a blend.
Tavon is gonna pop one of those quick hitters sooner or later.
They're definitely setting defenses up. If nothing else they go play action on one of these.

fearsomefour

Legend
They're definitely setting defenses up. If nothing else they go play action on one of these.
Yep can work either way....or both. If Austin pops a couple big runs out of the backfield that is where the focus will be when he is lined up back there.

Penguin.

Rookie
So far stacy fumbled and Cunningham hasnt. Stacy hasn't showed that vision this year.

I am taking last year into account as well. Cunningham fumbled quite a lot last year. This year Stacy had one bad fumble. The other was due to getting kicked in the face.

lockdnram21

Legend
I am taking last year into account as well. Cunningham fumbled quite a lot last year. This year Stacy had one bad fumble. The other was due to getting kicked in the face.
he only fumbled like twice unless your counting pre season last year to

fancents86

Starter
I like watching Stacey plow through 4 defenders while another is hanging on for dear life. No other rb we have has the power Stacey does. Stacey is still #1 IMO, everyone else is #2.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yep. Tavon nearly broke one in the Seattle game. Did a great job of showing patience for his blocks to set up, hit the hole hard, and got to the 2nd level. You could see he wanted to bounce outside so badly but Seattle's DBs did a nice job of containing him. So he lowered the shoulder and fought for a yard or two.

I like watching Stacey plow through 4 defenders while another is hanging on for dear life. No other rb we have has the power Stacey does. Stacey is still #1 IMO, everyone else is #2.

Mason is #1. It's just getting his pass protection and football IQ up to par. He's definitely the best runner on this roster. He's so much quicker to the hole. That's the issue I had with SJ his last couple years here. He was so slow to the hole. In the NFL, seams aren't open for long. You gotta hit them quick and hard.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If Melvin Gordon fell to the 2nd. I'd love to get him. But with Tre playing the way he is, can't justify a first round HB anymore.

I also like Tevin Coleman from Indiana but I think he's a ZBS HB in the NFL.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The young men run blocking are more important than the rb.
Emmit isn't a HOF rb if he played in Detroit. He was one of the slowest backs in the game when he played. He was a tough guy with good vision though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Melvin Gordon fell to the 2nd. I'd love to get him. But with Tre playing the way he is, can't justify a first round HB anymore.

I also like Tevin Coleman from Indiana but I think he's a ZBS HB in the NFL.

Oh, fuck that guy. He's the main reason why Mizzou lost to Indiana this year. Damn good football player, though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The young men run blocking are more important than the rb.
Emmit isn't a HOF rb if he played in Detroit. He was one of the slowest backs in the game when he played. He was a tough guy with good vision though.

Myth.