Zac Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaCkaveli20

Rookie
Name
Chris
Lovin Mason, he should be getting the rock 20+ a game. Just like I said in the other thread on how we're going to beat the Seahawks. RUN RUN RUN. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
if im not mistaken zac fumbled in the dallas game.
You are, he fumbled in Philly not Dallas. He had 3-4 guys draped all over him, and injured his calf on the play. Still a fumble either way. Mason didn't cover the ball, and was looking to take it all the way.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Stacy was an inch shy of a 1000 yards in a shortened season. Forgetting about him would be silly. Cunningham is a good mix of both, but he has neither Mason's acceleration and speed nor Stacy's raw power. All three need to be utilized, and not just in the predictable way.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams have been running five RB's Stacy, Cunningham, Watts, Mason & Tavon Austin from the backfield with Chase Reynolds as the 6th. Its been a long long long time since we have had so many excellent options. Rams now have some speed that our future opponents must now take into consideration. 2 rookies & 4 second yr players. Snead & Fisher have done a very good job getting this young cadre ready to begin to produce as a group. i sure see no need for any reason to trade Stacy. Unless a team has a bunch of excellent starting LB'ers piled up on the bench.

I think Zac Stacy is an excellent RB who is just hurting at this time.

lockdnram21

Legend
Stacy was an inch shy of a 1000 yards in a shortened season. Forgetting about him would be silly. Cunningham is a good mix of both, but he has neither Mason's acceleration and speed nor Stacy's raw power. All three need to be utilized, and not just in the predictable way.
actually i would disagree Cunningham is just as powerful as Stacy and hes probably faster or just as fast as tre. Tre probably is quicker though. just because Stacy came close 1000 doesnt mean anything. Trent Richardson came close to 1000 yards his rookie year. you see wherehe is now. Stacy might still be lead back now but he want be by tne end of the year

fearsomefour

Legend
I dont see how there is much of a trade market for RBs....heck, it is rare now that one even gets drafted in the first round.
I think they are letting him heal up. There is still a role for him. I think Mason, Stacy and Watts will find solid roles by the end of the year.

lockdnram21

Legend
I dont see how there is much of a trade market for RBs....heck, it is rare now that one even gets drafted in the first round.
I think they are letting him heal up. There is still a role for him. I think Mason, Stacy and Watts will find solid roles by the end of the year.
Your forgetting about Cunningham. With Tavon getting carries there's not room for 3 rbs. Stacy will be there in case Cunningham or mason get hurt imo.

fearsomefour

Legend
Your forgetting about Cunningham. With Tavon getting carries there's not room for 3 rbs. Stacy will be there in case Cunningham or mason get hurt imo.
True. I forgot about Cunningham.
At this point I dont see the advantage of trading away depth however. With Cunningham and Stacy you have the power guys, with Watts and Tavon the speed guys and with Mason sort of a blend.
Tavon is gonna pop one of those quick hitters sooner or later.

lockdnram21

Legend
True. I forgot about Cunningham.
At this point I dont see the advantage of trading away depth however. With Cunningham and Stacy you have the power guys, with Watts and Tavon the speed guys and with Mason sort of a blend.
Tavon is gonna pop one of those quick hitters sooner or later.
Oh in not saying trade stacy not at all. All I'm saying is he's not our best back anymore. Imo he's not even #2

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
actually i would disagree Cunningham is just as powerful as Stacy and hes probably faster or just as fast as tre. Tre probably is quicker though. just because Stacy came close 1000 doesnt mean anything. Trent Richardson came close to 1000 yards his rookie year. you see wherehe is now. Stacy might still be lead back now but he want be by tne end of the year

I don't think Cunningham is as powerful as Stacy, not even close. Cunningham has good power, but he doesn't push piles or drag people like that. And getting close to 1000yrds while keeping fumbling to a minimum is an accomplishment, and it means he can be relied on. Factor in his blitz pickup and steady pass catching and he's a back we shouldn't forget about. My point was that you can use all three in any facet of our game, not just the usual "power back on 3rd and short, scatback on 3rd and long." But I'd like to see Stacy run behind the oline we saw yesterday before I crown Cunningham or Mason just yet. Stacy hasn't seen holes like they ran thru yesterday this year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
or, he might still be feeling the effects of the calf injury. He has a tendency to be dinged up alot. As long as they have other options, why rush him back.. He clearly wasn't 100% Monday night, and with the short week, most likely isn't all the way back.
This is what I was thinking. They have Mason coming on and a healthy Benny. Give Zac another week to get healthier while getting Mason some game time experience. That gives you three RBs that are available and healthy so we can pound the rock. I don't think this spells trade.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Can we stop wanting to trade guys away as soon as they don't have a good game? Last week it was Jenkins, this week it's Stacy. Good grief ...

:stop:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't recall ever seeing another RB other than Stacy carrying 4-5 defenders on a regular basis. We can't get rid of that
Well SJ of course but on this team? Zac can get those tough yards after being hit. I didn't really see any of that from Mason. Benny can as well to an extent but Zac has that ability you like where his legs just don't stop churning and he has a great lean. Zac gets extra yards with people on him. He just runs tough. I'm guessing Watts will have a tough time getting snaps and likely even dressing for games and we will rotate between the three.

Penguin.

Rookie
Tre Mason is the best pure running RB we have right now. He is the fastest and runs with the most authority.

Zac Stacy is the second best. His receiving skills aren't as good as Cunningham's, but are better than Tre's from what I have seen. He is also perfect in pass pro. Not as quick or as powerful as Cunningham, but has way better vision and fumbles less.

Cunningham is a little better physically than Stacy, but doesn't have Stacy's smarts in a sense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Injury prone.....beast player but injury prone...in his second year too...something about the SEC, leaves RB's chewed up, then spits them out to the pros....

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
The strange thing is, Stacy was introduced as the starter in pre-game intros... so wondering what happened between then and the actual game!

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think Cunningham is as powerful as Stacy, not even close. Cunningham has good power, but he doesn't push piles or drag people like that. And getting close to 1000yrds while keeping fumbling to a minimum is an accomplishment, and it means he can be relied on. Factor in his blitz pickup and steady pass catching and he's a back we shouldn't forget about. My point was that you can use all three in any facet of our game, not just the usual "power back on 3rd and short, scatback on 3rd and long." But I'd like to see Stacy run behind the oline we saw yesterday before I crown Cunningham or Mason just yet. Stacy hasn't seen holes like they ran thru yesterday this year.
Either way stacy is not going to cover as much ground as either of the 2. I'm not just basing this off of yesterday. Every game this season Cunningham has looked better and vs SF both he and Tre looked better. Imo Cunningham and tre is better and it's not even close. When Tre gets his pass protection down he will probably become the work horse. No slight on Stacy we just have better options.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Injury prone.....beast player but injury prone...in his second year too...something about the SEC, leaves RB's chewed up, then spits them out to the pros....

Mason played in the SEC too though.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I get the fantasy football angle - but am I the only one who likes having a full stable available? I want fresh legs out there for every play.

lockdnram21

Legend
Tre Mason is the best pure running RB we have right now. He is the fastest and runs with the most authority.

Zac Stacy is the second best. His receiving skills aren't as good as Cunningham's, but are better than Tre's from what I have seen. He is also perfect in pass pro. Not as quick or as powerful as Cunningham, but has way better vision and fumbles less.

Cunningham is a little better physically than Stacy, but doesn't have Stacy's smarts in a sense.
So far stacy fumbled and Cunningham hasnt. Stacy hasn't showed that vision this year.