Zac Stacy status?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious what's the latest news on Zac Stacy. Is he hurt or has he just been best out by Tre Mason and Benny Cunningham (and, possibly even Trey Watts?)? To be honest, I was expecting the Rams to trade Stacy before the trade deadline. I still think Stacy is a quality back and I can't see him remaining with the Rams if he doesn't get some playing time (possibly an offseason trade?). I can't remember the Rams ever having this much quality depth at the RB position before!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He dressed yesterday. I expected to see him in the 4th qtr. A bruiser running against a worn down D to end the game, but nothing. I think with a patchwork o-line they coaches thought it would be better to use faster backs. But Watts got snaps over Stacy, thats not a good sign. I like Stacy, and hope that they keep him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It is a bit surprising. I can understand Mason winning the starting job - but NO snaps at all? There must be some attitude / injury / off field - something.

rams2050

Starter
I have nothing to base it on, but I get the feeling that Stacy might have some type of lingering injury that the Fish doesn't want other teams to know about. Why, I don't know, but in some respects -- especially injury matters -- he reminds me something of Bilicheat.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Agree it's an odd situation for Stacy because it's not like he was bad before losing his job. It would be nice if the Post-Dispatch did some actual reporting on this, but that would require Bernie to get up off his fat ass, not gonna happen. So we're left guessing for now. Anyone know if Stacy is even working onto special teams at all? Would be hard to hold a roster spot going forward on a backup RB that doesn't even contribute on ST.

lockdnram21

Legend
easythey found better options in Tre and Benny. People were talking about they wanted the committee shortened. Thats exactly what happen. Go Rams

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It's bull shit is what it is. I was forced to start his ass in FF for the 2nd week in a row. I don't wanna drop him, cause the second I do, he will be In the damn game. FML

V3

Hall of Fame
It's bull crap is what it is. I was forced to start his ass in FF for the 2nd week in a row. I don't wanna drop him, cause the second I do, he will be In the damn game. FML
I'd drop him(no one has him in my league). He's not the starter here anymore, and even if he does get reps, they'll be extremely limited because we have the biggest RB-by-committee approach I've ever seen in the NFL.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He's a decent blocker, putting him and Mason in the same backfield for a few plays wouldn't scare me.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think he's our #3 back now , that Mason and Benny have passed him and Watts is a special purpose back . He may not be entirely well and therefore being held out of action as long as the two guys ahead of him are OK, I can't imagine we'd have expended a third round choice on Mason if they hadn't planned for him to ascend to #1.
That said Stacy is a damned nice cheap backup and I can't see trading him,I will say that Pead won't be back here in training camp even