Zac Stacy and Kenny Britt Pressers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Stacy is the man. Can't wait to see him, Mason, cunningham and maybe even pead run behind this new and improved line. Grob and saffold are gonna pave the way for them. They certainly won't get pushed back into them.

And kenny would like to stay a while. I hope he stays for the next 7+ years and plays like the stud he was born to be.

Volnerman08

Rookie
You have to like Zac Stacy, he says all the right things. I notice he's wearing the LT visor in practice now. I can't remember but did he wear one last season?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thanks X love it and Stacy seems ready for year two with that offensive line and Mason & Cunningham (Benny) in the wings I expect Bradford to throw it about 15 times a game!(y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Thanks X love it and Stacy seems ready for year two with that offensive line and Mason & Cunningham (Benny) in the wings I expect Bradford to throw it about 15 times a game!(y)

...15 times a game for 40+ yards each.

Fixed it.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Supposedly, Bradford really bulked up in his upper body this off-season. He said he definitely has more pop on this throws than ever before and Fisher agrees that he has really gained upper body strength. Powering up for that deep ball connection with Kenny :sneaky:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
You have to like Zac Stacy, he says all the right things. I notice he's wearing the LT visor in practice now. I can't remember but did he wear one last season?

Just the clear visors, not anything too dark. I like the new look though, hope he sticks with it

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Did anyone else notice Zac has some of the same mannerisms when he talks as Marshall Faulk? I'm not sure if it's his eyes or what but it really struck me in this interview.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Was that John Lithgow behind Britt?

I didn't hear him say anything about his new QB, did he?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Supposedly, Bradford really bulked up in his upper body this off-season. He said he definitely has more pop on this throws than ever before and Fisher agrees that he has really gained upper body strength. Powering up for that deep ball connection with Kenny :sneaky:

Arm strength has never been the issue with Sam. Mentally though, he's shown an unwillingness to throw deep.

Hopefully Britt is the type of player that Sam can learn to trust and start to gain the confidence back that we saw in him as a rookie.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Arm strength has never been the issue with Sam. Mentally though, he's shown an unwillingness to throw deep.

Hopefully Britt is the type of player that Sam can learn to trust and start to gain the confidence back that we saw in him as a rookie.

Unwillingness to throw deep? So, I guess that record with Givens wasn't deep balls.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Unwillingness to throw deep? So, I guess that record with Givens wasn't deep balls.

I didn't say he never threw deep, but in the season you're referencing Bradford finished 26th out of 32 QBs in YPA.

I find it hard to believe that Sam's preference of throwing short and intermediate routes (with many many checkdowns) which was drilled into him by Spags is a surprise to anyone that's watched him play the last few seasons.

I know we're supposed to be rah rah Sam, but I think we're all adult enough to admit that he has flaws, one of which being his tendency to throw check downs rather than giving his routes a chance to develop more downfield.

RamzFanz

Damnit

The bombs start at 1:30 and continue throughout. It's not an unwillingness, it's opportunity.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Again, he'd have more opportunities if he didn't check down so much. As I alluded to before, a lot of that was created because control-freak Spags drilled it into his head that he had a few seconds to get rid of the rock on every single play.

I've always believed that once Sam got a target he could trust, we wouldn't see the same limitations. The combo of Spags BS practice whistle and unreliable receivers has stunted Sam's growth a bit.

Now that we have the best WRs we've had during his tenure here, not to mention a better OL, I hope Sam learns to hold onto the ball a bit longer and lets things develop.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I didn't say he never threw deep, but in the season you're referencing Bradford finished 26th out of 32 QBs in YPA.

I find it hard to believe that Sam's preference of throwing short and intermediate routes (with many many checkdowns) which was drilled into him by Spags is a surprise to anyone that's watched him play the last few seasons.

I know we're supposed to be rah rah Sam, but I think we're all adult enough to admit that he has flaws, one of which being his tendency to throw check downs rather than giving his routes a chance to develop more downfield.

Yea, I'm just not that big of a supporter of the Y/Attempt stat. Where the difference in player 1 or player 24 is like 1.2 yards. If you pass the ball 30 times a game, that comes out to what like a 33 yard difference over the course of the game?

And who says it's Sam's preference to take the checkdown? You don't know if he's been told to do that by Schotty. All I know is he throws a beautiful deep ball, and those post routes he tosses are some of the most beautiful passes you'll see in an NFL game.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Yea, I'm just not that big of a supporter of the Y/Attempt stat. Where the difference in player 1 or player 24 is like 1.2 yards. If you pass the ball 30 times a game, that comes out to what like a 33 yard difference over the course of the game?

And who says it's Sam's preference to take the checkdown? You don't know if he's been told to do that by Schotty. All I know is he throws a beautiful deep ball, and those post routes he tosses are some of the most beautiful passes you'll see in an NFL game.

I guess we shouldn't use passing yards either. I mean Peyton Manning only threw for 957 more yards than Sam Bradford during his last full season. That's less than 60 yards a game...

Heck, we should probably stop keeping track of stats all together.

FRO

Legend

His YPA needs to get better. No disputing that. I think the receivers lack of yards after the catch can also hurt Sam's YPA. I also don't think the deep throw is an issue with Sam. His problem is the lack of 10-20 yard throw. I think some of that could be due to weak offensive lines and coordinators feeling if they don't call a quick pass the guy is going to get sacked. Also Sam holds responsibility too. To me the YPA is the only thing I think Sam needs to improve.