Your top 5 Offensive Linemen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Can you list your top 5 favorite offensive linemen in the Draft?

As of now my top 5 would be:

1) Brandon Scherff
2) Ereck Flowers
3) La'el Collins
4) Andrus Peat
5) T.J. Clemmings

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
1) Brandon Scherff
2) Ereck Flowers
3) La'el Collins
4) T.J. Clemmings
5) Cam Erving

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
1-RT La'el Collins
2-LG/RT-Brandon Scherff
3-LT/RT-Andrus Peat
4-LG/LT/OC-Cam Erving
5-RT-TJ Clemmings

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Here's my top 10...as it goes down the list most of those guys I rate similarly.

1. Scherff
2. Peat
3. Collins
4. Clemmings
5. Fisher
6. Humphries
7. Flowers
8. Erving
9. Cann
10. Sambrailo

Ogbuehi would probably be around 5-6 if it wasn't for his ACL. Going to check out Chaz Green, but that injury history really concerns me.

jjab360

Legend
Purely for the Rams' needs and preferences:
1)Scherff
2)Peat
3)Clemmings
4)Erving
5)Collins

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Peat, Clemmings, Collins, Sambrailo, Cann. In that order. Cann and Sambrailo can be switched if we're talking pure talent.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not in order:

For the Rams...

Peat, Collins, Scherff, Cann, Erving.

I also like Smith, Tomlinson, Morse, Flowers, Fisher, and Douglas

Last edited:

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I'll answer like this; imho

Scherff-----best position, gaurd----has pro bowl potential, worthy of the 10th pick
Peat------best pure tackle-----needs to be more aggressive in the run game
Collins/Flowers-----most versatile; Collins the better tackle, Flowers being the better gaurd
Clemmons-----the potential is there, just not as polished yet

Sleeper-----Cory Robinson as a right tackle
Intriguing-----Humphries, has tackle versatily; can he be a force in the run game?

If we can trade down from ten and pick up another 2nd/3rd rounder, then we can get 2 of these guys, then we go all out for one of the two FA centers; oline gets fixed, Sam stays upright, and we can actually run the ball!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Here's what concerns me.

Jake Long coming back.

That means that Fisher and Snead will likely be looking at DEPTH for the OL, a STEAL at the C position unless they can work something out at the Center position and that's unless they are good with Jones or Barnes.

It REALLY REALLY wouldn't surprise me if with a straight face that Fisher has in his head an OL of

Robinson, Long, Jones, Saffold, Barksdale.

Now, actually, I LIKE that OL...except for Jake Long. Is he going to be able to pull? Is that leg going to hold up on the inside with bodies rolling around? Is he going to be able to anchor against the NTs and bigger DTs he'll face inside?

If Fisher and/or Snead is thinking that...

WHO are the Rams looking at in the first round??? Won't be OL or likely QB or DL or RB or LB... What's that leave? CB? WR?

I know what *I* think the Rams need. But if we've learned anything, it's that if we track what FISHER believes the Rams needs, we know where the Rams are going. Rams said they wanted to smash the ball... they drafted GRob and tried to get back and get Martin.

yep... this Jake Long coming back...thing... is really bugging me. If he comes back at LG, what the hell are we supposed to do with our 1st round pick? You don't use a 1st on a guy who's not going to start and the only whole left is C. They could go Cameron Erving, but...
/sigh.

Fisher... guy's givin' me ogeda...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Here's what concerns me.

Jake Long coming back.

That means that Fisher and Snead will likely be looking at DEPTH for the OL, a STEAL at the C position unless they can work something out at the Center position and that's unless they are good with Jones or Barnes.

It REALLY REALLY wouldn't surprise me if with a straight face that Fisher has in his head an OL of

Robinson, Long, Jones, Saffold, Barksdale.

Now, actually, I LIKE that OL...except for Jake Long. Is he going to be able to pull? Is that leg going to hold up on the inside with bodies rolling around? Is he going to be able to anchor against the NTs and bigger DTs he'll face inside?

If Fisher and/or Snead is thinking that...

WHO are the Rams looking at in the first round??? Won't be OL or likely QB or DL or RB or LB... What's that leave? CB? WR?

I know what *I* think the Rams need. But if we've learned anything, it's that if we track what FISHER believes the Rams needs, we know where the Rams are going. Rams said they wanted to smash the ball... they drafted GRob and tried to get back and get Martin.

yep... this Jake Long coming back...thing... is really bugging me. If he comes back at LG, what the hell are we supposed to do with our 1st round pick? You don't use a 1st on a guy who's not going to start and the only whole left is C. They could go Cameron Erving, but...
/sigh.

Fisher... guy's givin' me ogeda...

Who said Jake Long's moving inside? Has he EVER played at guard before in his life? And coming off 2 ACLs? I'd rather have him at LT for another year if he's back and have GRob at guard.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Who said Jake Long's moving inside? Has he EVER played at guard before in his life? And coming off 2 ACLs? I'd rather have him at LT for another year if he's back and have GRob at guard.

Don't mean to scare you, but Fisher did.

GRob is def our LT. If Barks comes back the only slot is LG or C and no way Long can play C.

But yeah, Fisher said it. If only it were just a twitter rumor...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Don't mean to scare you, but Fisher did.

GRob is def our LT. If Barks comes back the only slot is LG or C and no way Long can play C.

But yeah, Fisher said it. If only it were just a twitter rumor...

Yikes that is scary....

If he' not starting at LT you've gotta cut him IMO. I don't think he can play anywhere else. I'm absolutely fine with GRob learning his craft at LT from day 1 next year - its the best thing for his development after all so let the man go. He's had a great career, damaged by injuries though. I'm sure he'd get a shot somewhere else to wind up his career.

Edit - I'm still really worried about this O-line. How can it be an issue for so many consecutive years. We need a guard (two really but I'm hoping Saffold's offseason surgery will make his injury history a thing of the past), a tackle (depth and if Barksdale leaves a starter) AND a Center!

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I'm not going to give a top five, but I'll throw out a sleeper. Jake Fisher, Oregon.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm not going to give a top five, but I'll throw out a sleeper. Jake Fisher, Oregon.

I'll throw in another sleeper: Jamil Douglas, Arizona State. If he somehow slips into the fifth round, I'd pounce on him in a heartbeat.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
1-RT La'el Collins
2-LG/RT-Brandon Scherff
3-LT/RT-Andrus Peat
4-LG/LT/OC-Cam Erving
5-RT-TJ Clemmings

We could have had all but Scherff. Still pissed
Fisher takes the Mizzu dude & not Collins. I guess Fisher wanted to run a beauty contest.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We could have had all but Scherff. Still ticked
Fisher takes the Mizzu dude & not Collins. I guess Fisher wanted to run a beauty contest.
That listed prospective OL cadre provided by me ...overall this group has not been that good in the NFL. Havenstein has outplayed four of the five on my list.

Ref. MIzzu......dude 6th rd selection WR Bud Sasser? Collins was under a cloud investigation was he not? Collins has been insistent for 4 yrs now. Not sure if the Cowboys want him @ RT or LG?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We could have had all but Scherff. Still ticked
You don't remember the gas mask bong hit, and the possible murder charge that both dropped at the draft?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You don't remember the gas mask bong hit, and the possible murder charge that both dropped at the draft?

Gas mask ?? To draft Collins with a 6th or 7th rd pick ?? Even a 5th . What’s the downside??
We all have reasons for liking & disliking draft picks. I’d say I’m pretty solid on mine !!
Risk vs reward & value. I liked the CB from Mizzo pick & would have taken him before Mo. Alexander.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Gas mask ?? To draft Collins with a 6th or 7th rd pick ?? Even a 5th . What’s the downside??
We all have reasons for liking & disliking draft picks. I’d say I’m pretty solid on mine !!
Risk vs reward & value. I liked the CB from Mizzo pick & would have taken him before Mo. Alexander.
He was doing bong hits with a gas mask, which was posted online, the day before, or on the draft, so stupidity plays in also. Look, I wanted him too, with a flyer, but I understand why we, and every other team didn't pick him. Hindsight, yeah, wish we had him.

I, also had him ranked as one of my top offensive lineman, in this thread.