Your top 5 Choices (Within reason that they will be available when the Rams pick at #23)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Just curious on which players other Rams Fans have on their wish list for their top pick!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Our own guys first, then ...

Free Agents come next :

1) OG - Andrew Norwell (wishful thinking)
2) CB - Bashaud Breeland
3) ILB - Avery Williamson (more wishful thinking), Todd Davis (more realistic)
4) DT - Daquan Jones 1'st, Justin Ellis (next in line)

Draft :

1) OLB - Tremaine Edmunds (extreme wishful thinking)
2) OLB - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
3) OC - James Daniels or Billy Price
4) WR - DJ Chark

5) OL - Late round developmental OT's - Alex Cappa & Greg Senat

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
For the first round it's got to be either Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, Joshua Jackson, or Mike McGlinchey.

In a trade down, I'd like Hercules Mata'afa or Dorance Armstrong.

Third round choice is Shaquem Griffin.

The later round choice - and my favorite prospect in this draft - J.C. Jackson.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lorenzo Carter.....

Payne....Alabama DT

Connor Williams....OT

Tremaine Edmunds....ILB

and.....AND.....I'll give you a corner later tomorrow....or that Safety from FSU.....

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Just curious on which players other Rams Fans have on their wish list for their top pick!
I know it’s not really your question, but if the right guy isn’t there for the Rams at 23, I wouldn’t mind the Rams trading that pick (plus their 5th) to Cleveland for their 35th and 65th overall pick.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So much depends on free agency.

But as the team is now, I'd say OLB, Corner, or ILB would be the positions of dire need. So,

IlB Vander Esch, Rashawn Evans

OLB maybe Carter, Landry

Corner Alexander, Jackson

I really like James Daniels at Center, he could sit behind Sullivan for a year and fill in or win a spot at guard.

Sorry @Memento but I don't think they take a first round OF this year. With Whitworth signed for too more years an OT will sit on the bench until either Whitworth is done or Havenstein is. Sitting for two years would be a waste of a rookie contract. Getting a first round talent on the cheap for five years is a huge help with the salary cap, if they start. From the bench they are just an expensive bench player.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Again, just my own personal wish. :)

I don't know what the scouts say. I don't know how he translates to the NFL. He's not getting much love in the NFL pre-draft coverage, but boy this kid is a hard worker. (Pretty decent nephew too!)

Takes good angles. Is productive, and I believe still growing in talent and skills. He reminds me a bit of our old James Laurinaitis.

Come on Wade, bring Austin into the fold. (y) He'd look great in horns.

Edit: Btw, the below highlight film does not highlight him on his tackles. He is #50. And his thing is always wearing a sloppy shirt under his jersey. I was glad. It helped me key in on him in the sea of players. :LOL:

View: https://youtu.be/QFCi8DtEWnM

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where I stand:
1. Vita Vea NT Washington
2a. Da'Ron Payne NT Alabama (but I'm waffling here because of Derrick Nnadi)
2b. Harold Landry OLB Boston College
2c. Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise State
5. Mike Hughes CB UCF

But this is subject to change. There are still some guys I want to evaluate (especially on the OL).

NCRF

UDFA
Name
Pete
DaRon Payne, Tree Edmunds if he slips.
Griffin in the 3rd. He ran a 4.38

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
I think the priority is edge defenders and then it almost because BPA

1. Harold Landry EDGE
2. Sam Hubbard EDGE
3. Josh Jackson DB
4. Will Hernandez OG
5. Leighton Vander Esch ILB

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the priority is edge defenders and then it almost because BPA

1. Harold Landry EDGE
2. Sam Hubbard EDGE
3. Josh Jackson DB
4. Will Hernandez OG
5. Leighton Vander Esch ILB

Hubbard reminds me of Lonacre. He doesn't wow me with pass rush ability. Very good against the run.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Where I stand:
1. Vita Vea NT Washington
2a. Da'Ron Payne NT Alabama (but I'm waffling here because of Derrick Nnadi)
2b. Harold Landry OLB Boston College
2c. Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise State
5. Mike Hughes CB UCF

But this is subject to change. There are still some guys I want to evaluate (especially on the OL).

I dunno about Landry @jrry32 , I just watched some film on him vs. clemson & I saw a guy who got washed out a lot in the run game & shed all of about 2 blocks. I'd almost take Shaquem over him at OLB/EDGE. Landry has some nice rush / speed moves, but once a T gets mitts on him he's done. Are there any Vonn Millers in this draft? an EDGE who can rip a G out of the way & make a play on his own? a lot of Landry's 'highlights' are missed blocking assignments. Kinda like those WR highlights where the guy is all alone downfield after a CB falls down. This doesn't show you much about their route running, ability to create space, etc. that's critical in the NFL. Likewise Landry, I'm not sure what he showed in the Clemson game that told me he'd be a standout EDGE at the NFL level.
Thoughts? I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see an EDGE worth taking at #23.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
Hubbard reminds me of Lonacre. He doesn't wow me with pass rush ability. Very good against the run.

I look a lot into the 3 come drill for edge rushers and I think Hubbard had a really solid bend. He is going to have to work on his moves but he is stout enough to defend the run, quick enough to rush the passer, and it’s all about motor for me. I read somewhere he would be great in a system the does a lot of stunts, and utilizes effort guys and I truly believe he can do it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
1 Vita
2 Payne
3-5 Trade back and take Daniels, Vander Esch or Phillips. Trusting coaches to take highest rated on draft board.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno about Landry @jrry32 , I just watched some film on him vs. clemson & I saw a guy who got washed out a lot in the run game & shed all of about 2 blocks. I'd almost take Shaquem over him at OLB/EDGE. Landry has some nice rush / speed moves, but once a T gets mitts on him he's done. Are there any Vonn Millers in this draft? an EDGE who can rip a G out of the way & make a play on his own? a lot of Landry's 'highlights' are missed blocking assignments. Kinda like those WR highlights where the guy is all alone downfield after a CB falls down. This doesn't show you much about their route running, ability to create space, etc. that's critical in the NFL. Likewise Landry, I'm not sure what he showed in the Clemson game that told me he'd be a standout EDGE at the NFL level.
Thoughts? I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see an EDGE worth taking at #23.

Landry is the best speed rusher in the class. He has double digit sack potential.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Landry is a beast and a workaholic. You watch a game against Clemson in which he was doing a lot of different things. BC coaching got cute that game by moving him around too much IMO. Landry was also banged up quite a bit last year and was playing through some injuries.

Landry is natural pass rusher and to me has the best burst and flexibility/bend of all the edge rushers. If his ankle checks out ok then to me he is a perfect fit for the Rams.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
1 - Vita Vea NT
2 - Da'Ron Payne NT
3 - Leighton Vander Esch ILB
4 - Denzel Ward CB
5 - Mike Gesicki TE

go rams!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Landry is a beast and a workaholic. You watch a game against Clemson in which he was doing a lot of different things. BC coaching got cute that game by moving him around too much IMO. Landry was also banged up quite a bit last year and was playing through some injuries.

Landry is natural pass rusher and to me has the best burst and flexibility/bend of all the edge rushers. If his ankle checks out ok then to me he is a perfect fit for the Rams.

I actually have a write-up on Landry coming out with my next mock. Ill be interested in hearing your thoughts. The short and sweet version is that he relied too much on attacking the edge in 2017. If he embraces the varied approaches from 2016 and builds upon the secondary and counter moves he flashed, he can be a top 5 pass rusher in the game.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I actually have a write-up on Landry coming out with my next mock. Ill be interested in hearing your thoughts. The short and sweet version is that he relied too much on attacking the edge in 2017. If he embraces the varied approaches from 2016 and builds upon the secondary and counter moves he flashed, he can be a top 5 pass rusher in the game.

Cant wait, in case you dont know....I love this kid lol.