Your thoughts on how we handle rookies?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not sure how I feel about our teams approach to signing these rookies. I know why they like to wait, and I even can get on board with some instances. But as a poor man myself, I know these kids are dying to have some money in their pocket. Even if its just something to make them feel good. Do you suppose the players hold any displeasure with the way we do things or do you suppose they understand?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
El Juggernauto asked:
I'm not sure how I feel about our teams approach to signing these rookies. I know why they like to wait, and I even can get on board with some instances. But as a poor man myself, I know these kids are dying to have some money in their pocket. Even if its just something to make them feel good. Do you suppose the players hold any displeasure with the way we do things or do you suppose they understand?

I understand what the Rams are trying to do but I disagree with them treating the draftees like children. Even if some of them are. These are adults and a couple of months isn't going to change what they do in the long run. The counseling and interaction with good role models I can get on board with. Holding back on giving them money is wrong and not tolerated in any other part of society.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Has any team out there signed any of their draft picks?

I think the reasoning for waiting has nothing to do with stinginess and a whole lot to do with distraction. Teams want their rookies focused on OTAs, not contract negotiations.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:

I think the reasoning for waiting has nothing to do with stinginess and a whole lot to do with distraction. Teams want their rookies focused on OTAs, not contract negotiations.

I think maybe a few have, but not many.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Ram Quixote said:

Teams have been announcing signings, yes. For instance just today, PFT put an article up about the Steelers signing their first round pick.

I don't think it's an issue as all of the rookies will get the money their pick's cap was slotted for eventually. Signing a rookie contract instead of signing it later this month or early July won't have an impact in the long term, but I understand where you are coming from Jugs.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There really isn't such a thing as contract negotiations for rookies anymore. Only dispute is guaranteed or in the case of Jenkins last year, financial advisors

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Frankly juggs I got better things to put what little thought I can accomplish into.
If the kids don't mind I don't.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Frankly juggs I got better things to put what little thought I can accomplish into.
If the kids don't mind I don't.

Lol