LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
This is a song about jewelry ... ;)

One of my favorite ZZ albums. That one is really a benchmark album in that its the last one where they had the old bluesy sound. From Eliminator and forward they went to the heavy metal zz sound. Even now in concert when they play their old songs it is with the new sound. They don't appologize to anybody for it either. Billy says that people tell him it isnt blues but that he doesnt know what the hell it is. It's ZZ top, that's what.

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey liking Zappa and progeny:

When I was stationed at Edwards AFB I sometimes went to Zappa's house with my buddy to shoot the shit with Frank. Met Dweezil and and Moon too. Frank was a totally normal guy when not on stage and very nice. One of the civilians who worked with me in the PMEL laboratory grew up with him and we'd visit him every so often. Dweezil and Moon were just kids so they pretty much just acted like kids.

Alan

Legend
Prime Time bringing back memories:

I remember when my friends and I used to debate who was the best group, The Beatles or Dave Clark Five. :LOL: Needless to say, that debate didn't last very long.

Been a little under the weather lately so I've only been able to listen to the songs on this page. Great stuff so far! (y)

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
When I was stationed at Edwards AFB I sometimes went to Zappa's house with my buddy to shoot the crap with Frank. Met Dweezil and and Moon too. Frank was a totally normal guy when not on stage and very nice. One of the civilians who worked with me in the PMEL laboratory grew up with him and we'd visit him every so often. Dweezil and Moon were just kids so they pretty much just acted like kids.
Cool story. I liked when Zappa would take on the idea police (such as congress). He was a very intelligent and articulate man. The glory of his work is sometimes overshadowed by the fact that since he always makes fun of everything people have a hard time taking him seriously. I'm glad you are contributing on here.

Check out him take on these pointy headed morons:

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey conflating the morons:
Cool story. I liked when Zappa would take on the idea police (such as congress). He was a very intelligent and articulate man. The glory of his work is sometimes overshadowed by the fact that since he always makes fun of everything people have a hard time taking him seriously.

Check out him take on these pointy headed morons
Back then I was a conservative/Republican too (I'm a independent now) and Frank and I talked about politics a few times and agreed on most things. To be fair though, the only idiot (moron isn't strong enough) on that show was John Lofton who is not only an idiot, he's an ill mannered idiot. The other two guys are much better but since the bar was set so low by Lofton, it's not saying all that much. :LOL:

There aren't any Republicans like Novak anymore. Didn't always agree with him but more often than not. Where we usually disagreed was on social issues like the one they're talking about. He was an agree to disagree guy though and that's all I ask because you can usually find something to agree about with guys like him. All I wanted to do was repeatedly spank Lofton. Though he'd probably like that based on his weak denial. :ROFLMAO: