LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

God I loved Days/Travis Meeks. It's really a damn shame he had to piss away so much of his potential being a meth head for a number of years. All three of their albums were excellent, but it's the second one that I really love. Plus, it came out in the fall of 1999, a beautiful time for Rams fans, so it has a lot of positive emotional associations attached to it.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Couldn't find one with video, so this is song only. Give it a listen, one of the best rock n roll voices EVER...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
This is a fun one. From Jeff Beck's induction into the HOF ceremony. Joined by Jimmy Page and more on stage performing Bolero, Immigrant Song, and Train kept a rollin. Beck is just about my favorite artist and I just love seeing Jimmy Page now. He reminds me of Professor Brown from back to the future. He's still got the power stance moves though and you can tell he's really enjoying himself on stage. The throwback to the Yard Birds with "Train kept a rollin" on that third track is cool too. What a talented group of guys in that band.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This is a fun one. From Jeff Beck's induction into the HOF ceremony. Joined by Jimmy Page and more on stage performing Bolero, Immigrant Song, and Train kept a rollin. Beck is just about my favorite artist and I just love seeing Jimmy Page now. He reminds me of Professor Brown from back to the future. He's still got the power stance moves though and you can tell he's really enjoying himself on stage. The throwback to the Yard Birds with "Train kept a rollin" on that third track is cool too. What a talented group of guys in that band.

Ah, yes

CodeMonkey

Jeff Beck's career and art really took a whole new trajectory when he realized he didn't need a singer. I can pop in one of his works since and including "Wired" (with my favorite being "Guitar Shop", linked below) and just listen over and over and over. His art is really in a realm and style all to itself.

I also like the fact that he has continued to give us new art rather than just kick back and smell the royaties. I got to see him a couple years ago sitting front row balcony at the Fabulous Fox (which is a very cool venue in itself). Man what a show! I'm going to see him in August with ZZ Top (another one of my faves) at the Riverport outdoor theatre. I'm stoked.

Speaking of singers and as to the Yard Birds, the singer was the weakest link. The day Jimmy Page met Robert Plant was an epic one.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Lead Belly is another guy that deserves props. He was a pioneer in a number of ways. He had a manager and a "brand" including having a costume which was a black and white stripe convict suit. I just love Mississippi Delta blues and this guy is among the kings. There's not much more American than Delta Blues.

You've probably heard this song by another contemporary artist.

For extra credit, can you guess the time signature?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@CodeMonkey won't guess at the time sig but since I couldn't find the William Shatner version :) here's the Tom Jones rendition.

CodeMonkey

@CodeMonkey won't guess at the time sig but since I couldn't find the William Shatner version :) here's the Tom Jones rendition.

Seeing your reply there about Shatner and it being Tom Jones I wasn't sure. I thought you must of been joking and was worried at the fact that I can't unhear something. Also, there's no "I don't like this" feature. So it was a double risk.

But I couldn't have been more surprised. That is really awesome. Thanks!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Seeing your reply there about Shatner and it being Tom Jones I wasn't sure. I thought you must of been joking and was worried at the fact that I can't unhear something. Also, there's no "I don't like this" feature. So it was a double risk.

But I couldn't have been more surprised. That is really awesome. Thanks!!

There's always the inappropriate button, especially useful for any tune sung by William Shatner. :cool: But yeah, I know about the danger of songs you can't unhear.

On another note: My son turned me on to a band this morning called Phantogram. Don't care much for their songs but their singer, Sarah Barthel, is definitely hot.