LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ok, I've missed a couple of days, so I'll make it up with a rather long one. Some incredible bass work starting at about 8:25 of the first one:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sound of Contact. The lead singer/drummer is Simon Collins, son of Phil.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Underated song and album! Have a listen - I promise you'll like it. Dedicated to the memory of the Post-Dispatch

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
I apologize if the 80s were just too awesome for you to handle. Best music ever. ;)
I think the 70's was the best decade for music and it's not even close. The 80's were just weird.

39 pages and no love for the J. Geils Band. Peter Wolf is the most underrated front man in rock n roll.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I've never been a huge fan of these guys, but man this song is smokin'!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Geils was great and Wolf is underrated ,but MOST? that covers a lot of ground
as far as the 80's IF you think all there was out there was Culture Club yeah wierd , but for me the 80's was full of discovering where the diversity of one of R&R's best ever groups came from item:

BTW I really like Duran Duran as well ,Pablo Cruise ,Journey kept going through the 80's there was a lot of good music

Last edited:

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
The reason I think the 70's were better was because artists still had artistic freedom in the creation of their music. In the 80's, that went away with much more of an influence of corporate producers having a say in the studio creations. That is clearly evident with bands such as Duran Duran, Culture Club, Depeche Mode, and that whole genre. Those characters were as molded by producers as characters in wrestling were by Vince McMahon. It was a circus, not musical artistic creation.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The reason I think the 70's were better was because artists still had artistic freedom in the creation of their music. In the 80's, that went away with much more of an influence of corporate producers having a say in the studio creations. That is clearly evident with bands such as Duran Duran, Culture Club, Depeche Mode, and that whole genre. Those characters were as molded by producers as characters in wrestling were by Vince McMahon. It was a circus, not musical artistic creation.

Agreed. The 70's were the best for music and film but there are insane bands in the 80's that don't fall into that New Romantic ideals and circus you are referring to / especially bands emerging from the late 70's into the early 80's - they did some of their best stuff, the Clash, the Police, The Jam, all the ska and reggae I can think of

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And ya really think Richie Valens and Elvis weren't ? Been goin' on for evah.