LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
New from Iron Maiden's triple album Book of Souls.

No doubt about it, I got to gift myself a record player for X-mas. Before the loudness wars, I switched to CD's in the mid - 80's. I miss the Album art and the tea ceremony feeling, I get from physically interacting with vinyl. There's something holy about vinyl.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
New from Iron Maiden's triple album Book of Souls.

No doubt about it, I got to gift myself a record player for X-mas. Before the loudness wars, I switched to CD's in the mid - 80's. I miss the Album art and the tea ceremony feeling, I get from physically interacting with vinyl. There's something holy about vinyl.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc

Cool video. I get what you're saying about albums. There was something special about them between the art--the sometimes inserts, and the sound of the record under the needle. I miss that. My son actually bought a record player and buys albums. That makes me feel happy. I never told him to do it or suggested it--he decided on that by himself.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cool video. I get what you're saying about albums. There was something special about them between the art--the sometimes inserts, and the sound of the record under the needle. I miss that. My son actually bought a record player and buys albums. That makes me feel happy. I never told him to do it or suggested it--he decided on that by himself.
Plus, if you think back before the mighty intro-web the album art and liner notes, a lot of times, was the closest thing you get to knowing anything about a band. So, a band could build their whole image in the album art and liner notes/lyrics.
There was still a sense of mystery about it all. Picking up a record from the import section or whatever and hearing this music from some place else....the whole thing, was just great. Like making a discovery of some kind.
If that band came around on tour it was an event. Who knows what the show would be like? What do they look like? What kind of show do they put on? What songs are they going to play?
Now, you can go online and basically watch the whole concert from any bank that might be on tour about 3 gigs into the tour. There is no more mystery left at all. Kind of sad.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I miss the Album art and the tea ceremony feeling, I get from physically interacting with vinyl. There's something holy about vinyl.

There absolutely is.

The whole process (I do like the word ceremony) of taking it out of it's sleeve, cleaning, setting up, dropping the needle just so in just the right spot. Then reading over the Album jacket cover as it plays...And, if you are lucky it's a double fold-out so there's a lot of reading material like lyrics on the inside.

Vinyl is making a comeback. My 22 year old son, for example, is quite the music afficianodo. He recently upgraded his turntable with a very nice one for his apartment. I think people, including the youts, get it....What is old is new again.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
somehow Chicago always reminds me of being in the back of the Ford Torino station wagon going to the market or my mom's hair appointment and being stuck in her car all day.
but on that note - I didn't mind listening to the Manilow on muzak while waiting for my mom to put heeps of horrible clothing on layaway

LOL

Have you ever found yourself standing in an elevator listening to the muzak symphony orchestra and all of a sudden come to the realization that they're actually playing "Cat Scratch Fever"?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
LOL

Have you ever found yourself standing in an elevator listening to the muzak symphony orchestra and all of a sudden come to the realization that they're actually playing "Cat Scratch Fever"?

But see that was awesome though when you realized it was a killer tune - but most often then not it was an instrumental like this

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixdPnLFVIo

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
September - A month best known for capturing the hearts of musicians. Whether it's the joy this time of year brings, the pain of another summer gone too fast, reflecting on the memories of our youth, or the sacrifice that brave men and women gave nearly 14 years ago, these songs grasp the emotional connections we all have with September.