LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
John Schlitt, John Elefante & Jay Sekulow - (Head East) - Never Been Any Reason

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Keeping with the Rookie theme this week, here is another new song from 2015 from an oldie but goodie...Randy Bachman! Yes old farts can still rock.

If I could still rock like Randy I'd surround myself with female musicians. Why not? Bonus points if you can Guess Who Randy is channeling in the opening guitar riff.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-G7fHmGhc

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bonus points if you can Guess Who Randy is channeling in the opening guitar riff.

Sounds like the Who's 'Won't Get Fooled Again.' In the chorus Randy is "channeling" Steve Miller's 'Keep On Rockin' Me Baby. :sneaky:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Keeping with the Rookie theme this week, here is another new song from 2015 from an oldie but goodie...Randy Bachman! Yes old farts can still rock.

If I could still rock like Randy I'd surround myself with female musicians. Why not? Bonus points if you can Guess Who Randy is channeling in the opening guitar riff.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-G7fHmGhc

Pretty good , doesn't sound anything like BTO , but sounds great all the same

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Just a quick report on the Cheap Trick/Frampton concert I saw the other night.

What a blast.

It was great seeing them and even though they are a bit older these days(Robin Zander is 62, Frampton is 65)they haven't lost any skill. I was surprised by the strength Robin Zander has in his voice at his age. I can't even talk without getting hoarse these days. Cheap Trick was a lot of fun. They played mostly their oldies(can I say oldies?) which is the stuff that brought the crowd to their feet. Guitarist Rick Nielson's son plays drums now and he did a fantastic job. And speaking of Nielson--he literally uses a different guitar for every song(I'm sure he has quite a collection) with my favorite being a Beatles one he had that had the faces of the Fab Four on it.

Peter Frampton was a riot. This is a guy having a lot of fun out there. He talked quite a bit to the audience really and seemed to enjoy an older but rowdy crowd. He made a few age jokes: "You guys are a little young to remember this one" The audience moans. "Oh...you're not? It must be the water you drink here--you look young."

Before putting his mouth on the talkbox tube he stepped back and made a show of pushing up his dentures.

"Hey Cheap Trick and I have been touring together and aren't they great?" Loud applause. "We've been staying in Philly and the I was in the city and the mayor tapped me on the shoulder..."

Crowd boos.

"Oh...we don't like the mayor?'

Crowd: No!

"So anyway...like I was saying Cheap Trick is a hell of a band."

Laughter.

He did this kind of thing all night. A really nice likeable guy.

And the music was great. I've always loved Frampton's sound. It's unique to him. And the man can play a guitar. He played a shorter set but longer songs where he could go off on riffs. He hit the big classics and played a few cover songs. The video below shows him playing one of the songs I really loved--a version of Blackhole Sun--a song I love with a Frampton sound.

I'm glad he's out there still performing. Makes me feel young.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is dedicated to Jason Sehorn's ex-wife Angie! Jason Sehorn...what a bum:p

Angie%20Harmon%20Jason%20Sehorn%20married%20tCtVc2Ei7gtl.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/RcZn2-bGXqQ

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Primetime wins a double bonus. You must have an impressive collection. I noticed you played Camel the other day.

Thanks for the Concert review PA-Ram!

I love the avatar Codemonkey designed for T-Rex-Ram.

Rookie Album Week- Barock Project new album Skyline. I could only find one song off Youtube for Skyline. Like I said it's new... Jazzy harmonies over ELP'ish keyboards and Symphonic prog guitar.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNV_ENS0pA

Last edited: