LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Musical rant/commentary:

I often(still) thank the Rock n Roll Gods for the music that emerged from Seattle in the early 90's and essentially put an end to the glamour hair bands and what i called at the time Pop and Roll) infestation that permeated and dominated the late 80's. Bands like Poison, Winger, Skid Row, Cinderella, Warrant...yuck!

Guns and Roses, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Bon Jovi were great bands IMO...but sort of opened the Pandoras box for so many other bands just looking to put out a top 40 rock ballad, get long hair, wear makeup, use a fuzzbox and just sing about beer and chicks. KISS was doing this stuff long before even these guys, but they were original and had substance to their glamour IMO.

I was still a young man in my late teens/early 20's when this transition happened, playing drums in a band that had some of those glam/hair band qualities and aside from having fun just being in a band...I wasn't a fan of our own music.
My feelings on this could just be a reflection of my age/generation...but many of my peers at the time were really bought into that stuff.

So for me...Thank you Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Janes Addiction, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Stone Temple Pilots etc...which killed late 80's rock.
200.gif

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Most of the songs on Superunkown used alternative guitar tuning's.
This one is uses CGCGGE. Sounds like a 50lb chuck roast. :D

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Youngbloods at times played in the gym at my high school in San Jose, CA. Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham, It's A Beautiful Day, Cold Blood and many other acts that went on to fame or semi-fame played there as well. We had an awesome Teen Club. (y)

This song was written by Chet Powers, who changed his name to Dino Valenti and went on to sing with Quicksilver. It pretty much encapsulates the hippie dream of a world without war and was released in 1967 - the Summer of Love. As we all know, that was just a pipe dream. It was originally released in 1964 by the Kingston Trio.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAhTY3Dwl0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eif5tF-j_Vc

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Everyone who has played a musical instrument ( I played trumpet) has enough of an ear there is a range they can sing comfortably in and a vocal tone that can be compared to some prominent singer:

Here is the guy the bands I thugged for said was my voice double in range and vocal tone David Clayton Thomas