LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It's all about Wolfie

image.jpg

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
If Steven Wilson were an musical artist in the 70's, he would have been as big as bands like ELP, King Crimson, and Camel. And almost as big as Pink Floyd and Yes... Steven is the God of the last 20 years of modern prog rock.

Bands like Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Caravan, and XTC have been getting Steven Wilson to remix their back catalog. I said Remix...Not remaster! All these bands have given Steven Wilson the OK to remix their original tapes from scratch.

Steven Wilson is touring the USA this late spring and summer. Do yourself a favor and attend a Steven Wilson concert near you... Wilson's concerts are in surround sound and you won't have to spend more than two saw bucks! Cheap! Wilson and his other band Porcupine Tree were named 4th best live act in the world, right behind Rush and Guns n'Roses

I apologize for FANBOY activity. Find it in your heart to forgive me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYewhiaVBk

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
If Steven Wilson were an musical artist in the 70's, he would have been as big as bands like ELP, King Crimson, and Camel. And almost as big as Pink Floyd and Yes... Steven is the God of the last 20 years of modern prog rock
First time I've heard Steven Wilson and I agree with you. Has a very Pink feel. Thanks!
Now I may be missing for a time while I research everything...Steven Wilson

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
@IowaRam and @CodeMonkey

One of the coolest concerts I ever saw was with David Lee Roth,,, and he sounded freaking great.

This concert was held in a tiny place that no longer exists called Fern Park Station. It was an old railroad station in Fern Park, FL that had been converted into a bar. The place could only hold a couple hundred people.

Roth was obviously long past his glory days. I had seen Van Halen back in the day with both David and Sammy... huge arenas packed with thousands. This tiny venue was basically a local dive bar. Me and a couple buddies couldn't believe Roth was playing there so we had to go.

Roth put on a wild show both physically and sound wise. He even busted out a samori sword at one point. In between songs I even gave Roth a shot on stage. Got a high five and shared a few words with him at several different times during the night.

I also don't like the 1984 album... but Roth Rocked that tiny place when I was there. He sang mostly old VH and his solo stuff.

I just had to give that cat some cred.
When we saw him on the 1984 Tour , I think he was drunk he could hardly stand up , but the thing was , he did so much dancing and jumping around , he seldom held the mic close enough to his mouth , you could hardly ever even hear him , or when you could hear , you couldn't understand him

I have a younger brother that's a huge Van Halen fan , but were we differ is he prefers the Sammy Hagar version , to where I prefer the David Lee Roth version , my brother has even partied with them a couple times , but it cost him , he bought the tickets with the back stage passes and stuff , so he got to hang out with them both before and after the show

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
OK perhaps I was a little harsh r/e DLR. It's not that he or they are talentless, it's quite the opposite. I guess I hold a grudge because I wanted/expected better from them. Was a huge fan of their early work but they lost it quickly. I used to believe that it was primarily an issue of LSD (Lead Singer's Disease) but I've come to believe that Eddie is a bit of a prick also...Judging by the fact that he can't seem to get along with anybody else either. Dave quit him, Valerie quit him, Sammy and Michael Anthony quit him (forming the band "The Other Half").

As far as the Sammy Era, I'm a major fan of Hagar and the band pretty much lost their identity at that point, morphing into something completely different...Sammy's band. 1984 was the bridge album, which as I said I hated. Again, not because it is devoid of talent but that the band had seemed to completely lost it's way at that point. Play your damn guitar, Eddie!!! Funny thing is they consider that their best stuff. Panama is just junk and Jump has perhaps the stupidest lyrics of any song ever written.

This stuff was so good and I didn't want it to end:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ckFuURIWXc

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
If Steven Wilson were an musical artist in the 70's, he would have been as big as bands like ELP, King Crimson, and Camel. And almost as big as Pink Floyd and Yes... Steven is the God of the last 20 years of modern prog rock.

Bands like Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Caravan, and XTC have been getting Steven Wilson to remix their back catalog. I said Remix...Not remaster! All these bands have given Steven Wilson the OK to remix their original tapes from scratch.

Steven Wilson is touring the USA this late spring and summer. Do yourself a favor and attend a Steven Wilson concert near you... Wilson's concerts are in surround sound and you won't have to spend more than two saw bucks! Cheap! Wilson and his other band Porcupine Tree were named 4th best live act in the world, right behind Rush and Guns n'Roses

I apologize for FANBOY activity. Find it in your heart to forgive me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYewhiaVBk

Glad you made your way into this thread Ramsey. Love your posts! Fanboy activity is encoraged!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK perhaps I was a little harsh r/e DLR. It's not that he or they are talentless, it's quite the opposite. I guess I hold a grudge because I wanted/expected better from them. Was a huge fan of their early work but they lost it quickly. I used to believe that it was primarily an issue of LSD (Lead Singer's Disease) but I've come to believe that Eddie is a bit of a prick also...Judging by the fact that he can't seem to get along with anybody else either. Dave quit him, Valerie quit him, Sammy and Michael Anthony quit him (forming the band "The Other Half").

As far as the Sammy Era, I'm a major fan of Hagar and the band pretty much lost their identity at that point, morphing into something completely different...Sammy's band. 1984 was the bridge album, which as I said I hated. Again, not because it is devoid of talent but that the band had seemed to completely lost it's way at that point. Play your damn guitar, Eddie!!! Funny thing is they consider that their best stuff. Panama is just junk and Jump has perhaps the stupidest lyrics of any song ever written.

Speaking of the song Jump. I can't even listen to it.

I never liked the song, but something happened one night at a local live rock bar I used to go to. A cover band was playing that God forsaken song... and there was this disgusting looking chick (coyote ugly) standing up on the dance floor in the middle of the stage. She had absolutely no ability to dance in any way, shape, or form. However,,, that fucking song gave her the impression that jumping each time they said "jump" in the song was the equivalent of a real dance. She was sooooo gross.

Every time I hear that pos song I have a flashback to the jumping skank. It's an absolute nightmare.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Thanks Code Monkey! Hagar or Roth? My favorite VH album is their first album. I saw VH at 10 AM at the first Texas Jam in 1978. I've seen Hagar's solo act three times, I saw Hagar with VH live on his one year anniversary with the band. Live? I preferred the Hagar Van Halen because Hagar can sing his ass off live, can play guitar, and I could tell Alex was having a great time. But I like Roth's studio voice better than Hagar's, because Roth's voice is so original. Hagar is one of those few rock singers who sounds better live than in studio. I got to go with Hagar live.

Last night I watched 1962's Cabinet of Caligari again. I like all three vastly different versions of Caligari. The 1920 film is an all time classic... Robert "Psycho!" Bloch penned the much maligned '62 version, and the film suffered in the day from unfair comparisons with the 1920 original.

The 1989 Dr. Caligari is freak out movie! All three films have little in common except for bizarrely shaped doors, psychiatrists, and the fact I luv all three movies.

1989 Dr. Caligari trailer...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aFBn8hPugc

What's this got to do with music Ramsey? Nine Inch Nail's Trent Reznor sampled some extremely sexual Freudian dialogue from the 1962 Caligari. Originally available as the b-side to NIN's 1990's single Sin, Reznor's NIN's covers Queen's "Get Down Make Love". You can hear the Caligari dialogue right from the beginning. Check out the multiple Queen song sample at the end of the song! Trent Reznor is a genius! Freddie Mercury was a genius!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pB7LeVB8bw

If you wish to delve further, here is the 1962 Caligari movie trailer complete with the NIN's sampled Freudian slip...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKgfar1IuM

Want to dig deeper and waste away? The entire 1920 silent horror masterpiece- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3WDQXkJq4

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
been a song slump but now I'M

maybe 6 posters here saw this on top of the charts

PA Ram

Pro Bowler

My favorite Van Halen song of all time.

This is a roll up the car windows blast it until my ears are bleeding song.