LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Let me stop the proceedings, and say if you ever get a chance to see Dream Theater live...Do it!...Best musicians in the world!

I've never heard Dream Theater before but will begin to check them out thanks.

If you're all sick of me telling you I saw a certain band back in my youth, too frickety bad. Cause I'm going to keep telling you anyway. :sneaky::)

Saw ELO in a small venue. If memory serves me well it was the San Jose Civic Auditorium. I liked them but liked the opening band even better - Little Feat with Lowell George on slide guitar.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgGCOHuO1U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwEZlsD6UpI

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
More ELO:

And a Steely Dan:

Thanks to "American Hustle" I will always connect these songs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Who doesn't like Toto? Great musicians in that band. Steve Lukather was a pop shredding beast who could do just about anything.
Think i've already posted this once, but here's Don Henley with the Eagles' Joe Walsh(first solo) and Toto guitarist Lukather(second solo). Great song which still stands up today in terms of theme.

We can do "The Innuendo," we can dance and sing
When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry

And yes, I had this LP on vinyl. :D

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Who doesn't like Toto? Great musicians in that band. Steve Lukather was a pop shredding beast who could do just about anything.
Think i've already posted this once, but here's Don Henley with the Eagles' Joe Walsh(first solo) and Toto guitarist Lukather(second solo). Great song which still stands up today in terms of theme.

We can do "The Innuendo," we can dance and sing
When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry

And yes, I had this LP on vinyl. :D

I have a lot of admiration for Don Henley and the Eagles in general. Love 'em or hate 'em, they were perfectionists at their craft. Personally I think Henley is great at the ballads but not on a song like 'Dirty Laundry.' He has a sad, mournful voice. I like this tune much better.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AaS05kNu8

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
British progger Steven Wilson has an outstanding new album out, Hand.Cannot. Erase. A sample:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have a lot of admiration for Don Henley and the Eagles in general. Love 'em or hate 'em, they were perfectionists at their craft. Personally I think Henley is great at the ballads but not on a song like 'Dirty Laundry.' He has a sad, mournful voice. I like this tune much better.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AaS05kNu8

Interesting take. I'm pretty sure i disagree but that's cool. We all respond differently to similar music even when our tastes are similar.
If i had to nail it down, i'm a fan of about half of his solo work...and it has nothing to do with his vocals or song style. More with the music and melody.
For example i really don't like Sunset Grill and NY Minute sounds kind of generic to me.
Boys of Summer and Dirty Laundry are probably my favorites. Heart of the Matter and Last Worthless Evening are decent i guess. I Also like this one alot. The melody and feel are what i respond to.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Interesting take. I'm pretty sure i disagree but that's cool. We all respond differently to similar music even when our tastes are similar.
If i had to nail it down, i'm a fan of about half of his solo work...and it has nothing to do with his vocals or song style. More with the music and melody.
For example i really don't like Sunset Grill and NY Minute sounds kind of generic to me.
Boys of Summer and Dirty Laundry are probably my favorites. Heart of the Matter and Last Worthless Evening are decent i guess. I Also like this one alot. The melody and feel are what i respond to.

Music is totally subjective that's what makes this thread so fascinating. I listen to a song a member posted and wonder what they're hearing that I'm not. At other times I totally get it.

My parents loved classical and jazz, while my son likes hip-hop and emo. I can handle those genres for about ten minutes a day and then I'm done. Stop liking what I hate. :snicker:

The late great guitarist Ronnie Montrose joins Van Morrison on this next tune.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbTIKHYwog