Your (personal) Greatest Sports Moment?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Ive been competitive cycling for more than two dec ades. Won bunches of races both road and mountain. Achieved highest amateur ranking both road and mountain. Won state championshibp mountain couple of years ago. Routinely school guys half my age.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ive been competitive cycling for more than two dec ades. Won bunches of races both road and mountain. Achieved highest amateur ranking both road and mountain. Won state championshibp mountain couple of years ago. Routinely school guys half my age.

Nice, i'm guessing thats you in your avatar?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Later in life I was the defensive captain of my football team was recruited to and did wrestle in college but my single greatest sports memory was this.

In my town you were drafted to play little league on the same team three years running.
I loved playing but wasn't very good my first year I went 1 for the entire season at bat,the second year I went 0 for the whole season .
Third year I knew something had changed had been tagging the ball in the back yard pretty well, so the first day of practice comes and we are taking batting practice,no joke I come up and my coach (had been all three years) turns around and tells the team they can take a rest it's "thordaddy" at bat.
I tell him yeah they won't need those gloves cuz it's going over the scoreboard out there on the other side of the left field fence ,he raises his eyebrows and says "think so?" I say nope KNOW SO.
I put three in a row over the same spot on that scoreboard , I wish I had a picture of that coaches face to show you. I led the team in batting that year,never had anything more satisfying than that,but it sure was sweet.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It has to be the time I scored 4 touchdowns in a game for Polk High.....wait a minute.....umm....no, that's not it. Since this is a Rams site, I will go with a fooseball moment. I was probably 13, playing in the regional playoffs in my last year of Pop Warner. We had a 3 point lead with 5 seconds or so left and the opposing team had the ball at like their 10 yard line. Game over, pretty much. Not so much. They ran a double reverse and the next thing I know, their fast ass RB is streaking down the opposite sideline on his way to pay dirt. My narrow ass ( I was a CB on defense) somehow ran him down from across the field and got him at the 5 yard line going in, lolz. The look on his face was priceless when he realized that this skinny white boy ran his ass down like Darrell Green on Tony Dorsett, haha. Game over...finally, and the defense carried me off the field. Good times....

Last edited by a moderator:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It has to be the time I scored 4 touchdowns in a game for Polk High.....wait a minute.....umm....no, that's not it. Since this is a Rams site, I will go with a fooseball moment. I was probably 13, playing in the regional playoffs in my last year of Pop Warner. We had a 3 point lead with 5 seconds or so left and the opposing team had the ball at like their 10 yard line. Game over, pretty much. Not so much. They ran a double reverse and the next thing I know, their fast ass RB is streaking down the opposite sideline on his way to pay dirt. My narrow ass ( I was a CB on defense) somehow ran him down from across the field and got him at the 5 yard line going in, lolz. The look on his face was priceless when he realized that this skinny white boy ran his ass down like Darrell Green on Tony Dorsett, haha. Game over...finally, and the defense carried me off the field. Good times....
Nyshe.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's threads like these that make this the best Rams forum on the net. Glad to know you all, and know you all even better now.

GO RAMS!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's threads like these that make this the best Rams forum on the net. Glad to know you all, and know you all even better now.

GO RAMS!!!
It really is. And I read 'em all.
This here is a brotherhood.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I got 2 interceptions on a QB who would eventually go on to the NFL and even went to back to back conference championship games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I played baseball and football when I was a younger. Even played soccer as a kid. In the top of the first inning when I was 14 or so, I was playing second base. There was a line drive hit(it was a metal bat league) and I misplayed the ball. It went over my glove and hit me right in the face(just below my left eye on the cheek bone and side of the nose). My nose was gushing blood, eye was swollen up and cheek bone was pretty badly bruised. They had to take me out of the game to clean me up. But I wanted to continue playing and this wasn't a high school league or anything so the ump let me go back into the game after my nose had stopped bleeding.

On that day, with my left eye swollen so much that I could barely see, I got hit by 3 pitches(crowded the heck out of the plate) and stole 5 bases. I also scored twice. They gave me the game ball after the game.

I used to be really good at stealing bases. Played in that league for 3 years and stole probably 150 to 200 bases while only being caught once. By one of my closest childhood friends(he was at catcher). I was just REALLY fast when I was younger. Wasn't that good of a hitter though. Just really awesome at stealing bases.

Alan

Legend
OK jrry, I don't want to hear about the worst sports moment in youy life. :lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK jrry, I don't want to hear about the worst sports moment in youy life. :lol:

I've had better performances but I think that was my greatest looking back at it because I was just a kid and I persevered through a lot of pain after a mistake and managed to play well.