1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your Favorite Recipes

Discussion in 'OFF TOPIC' started by PhxRam, Apr 6, 2014.

1. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

2. Cardncub Member

IMG_20140531_160629391_HDR.jpg

A couple of racks of ribs on the smoker with homemade rub. The brats are chicken mango habanero & chicken cheese quesadilla.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

Luscious!

Cardncub likes this.
  4. Cardncub Member

Thanks to the mod that fixed whatever I did wrong. I was PWI. (y)

5. Dagonet Grillin and Chillin

I don't buy the Emeril's rub. I make it from a recipe I got of his. Think we had some confusion there. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

6. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

That's cool. And if you can make something for yourself that you enjoy, all the better.

Cheers man.

7. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

Lets drag this thread up out of the basement since summer is officially here.

Will be smoking a pork loin today and trying @RamFan503 Pig Feathers Hog Wired Rub for the first time.

On a side note, thinking of replacing my wood fired Weber with an electric or propane smoker. Looking for any input about the Bradley 4 rack or the MasterBuilt 4 rack, so please share what ever you know

8. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I have used the Smokey Mountain and am now using Smoke Hollow smokers for festivals and such. They are pretty decent little units and won't set you back a bunch. I think I got the large model for $180 or so. It's the 38" with an upper and lower door. Haven't tried a pork butt in them but everything else comes out great.

Dieter the Brock likes this.
  9. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

RamFan503 likes this.
  10. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

I was looking at one of the box smokers.
    I was leaning towards the masterbuilt do to the fact that I wouldn't be stuck buying only Bradley rood pucks.
    With the masterbuilt you can use any wood chip.
    I eventually went with a traeger pellet smoker in the same price range.
    I can't use propane or charcoal at my as apartment.
    Love the traeger so far.

Dieter the Brock likes this.
  11. Dieter the Brock SON OF JEN-ORIS

I have the Bradley smoker - it's heating element is troublesome
    I've had two. One with all the digital thermometer and temp control (better) and the current one with manual temp controls - and they both have heating element issues

Pucks can get pricy - but overall it rocks compared to my experiences with wood fired smokers

Interested to hear more about the MasterBuilt

12. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

I don't know anything from first hand experience, but I did do a lot of research on them.
    I do k ow that there a a ton of them out there. That's good because parts are easy to get. I believe they make models for bass pro shop, cajun injector or vise versa. There is even a line for qvc.
    The one thing to be sure of is to be sure the heating element is removable. Some of the older models couldn't be changed out. All of the new models can be.

13. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

I read on some of them you can change the heating element, but you have to take the whole body off to do it, and some newer models you can simply change the element easily.

Also read that MasterBuilt is basically the same way in regards to changing elements

14. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

Correct. All the new Masterbuilt models are removable.
    A lot of people rave about them. No smoke ring, but that doesn't effect the flavor anyway.

15. Dieter the Brock SON OF JEN-ORIS

Yeah that's right. I've had to replace it at least 2x and had to take the whole thing apart, but despite the fact I'm not all that handy got it done with patience
    It surely doesn't stop me from using it 3x week during the summer

Dodgersrf likes this.
  16. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

@Dieter the Brock so how much is the heating element and how often do you have to change it if you are using the unit that often

17. Dieter the Brock SON OF JEN-ORIS

Their customer service is great so they've shipped them for free for free thus far - it's a hassle though to wait when you want to cook. The first one got was left out in huge storm so I only had it for 4 months and had to replace the heating element once. That was the expensive digital cooker and it was 5 uses before it failed. Then I had no problems (until that massive storm hit)
    This spring I got the non-digital version cause it was cheaper - wish I had spent more for the digital cause it controls temp way better - but for the first three uses it was hit and miss, sometime it would work and then the next day it would only smoke and I'd have to finish it in the oven.
    Honestly I'm interested in the masterbuilt - the fact you don't need to have the wood pucks and can use plane wood chips sounds great. Cause then I don't have yo wait or pay shipping to Amazon to get them. It can be a hassle for sure

18. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

(y) Thanks !!

I am leaning towards the Bradley..it seems very comparable to the Bradley but for less money. Going to milk my Weber for a few more months and maybe pick up a new one for football season..unless I sell another big job or 2 soon.

19. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

since this is a recipe thread, lets get back to the subject at hand:

Grilled Watermelon is one of our favorite treats in the summer time.

Cut a few slices of watermelon about 1 to 1 1/2" thick.

Sprinkle some sea salt or other coarse salt on both sides to your liking.

Stoke those coals up so they are nice and hot. Put the slices on the grill and keep the coals as hot as you can.You want to grill about 2 minutes each side so the sugars caramelize.

Enjoy

Also can do grilled bananas with chocolate chips... these are best done over a slightly warm grill

20. cracengl Member

In case you consider charcoal, I have had a pit barrel cooker for a few month. I freaking love that thing. If you add some of the bagged wood smoking chips, it'll smoke it up really well, although the basic charcoal flavor is good by itself. Ours basically an ugly drum smoker, except that it is only 30 gallons, but was engineered at that size to maximize performance. Look it up if you want other options.