Your Favorite Recipes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
OK - I really don't know why I don't do this more often. This was really good. The lamb came out a perfect doneness. Slight seasoning crust on the outside and the Cabernet sauce was a great compliment. Fabulous - if I do say so myself.

So it was pretty simple. I took a huge cast iron skillet and placed EV olive oil, fresh rosemary, sage sprigs, and chopped garlic in it. I had already seasoned my rack of lamb with our Steak Seasoning and let it rest for about a half hour. I heated the pan and placed the racks meat side down in the hot oil and seared for 3 or 4 minutes until crispy and brown on the outside. I then flipped them and seared for a couple more minutes. I had a pre-heated oven waiting (450 degrees) and I went straight into it for about 15 minutes. I pulled the pan and set the racks aside to rest (very important) while I prepared the sauce. All I did was add about 12 oz of decent Cabernet to the pan and scrape down all the solids (garlic, cooked herbs, meat solids, and seasoning) Then I added a pinch of brown sugar and a touch more Steak Seasoning. After about a 20 minute rest, I cut the rack into chops and spooned a little sauce over the chops. There is also a little grilled yellow onion and fresh steamed asparagus on the plate along with a few fresh sprigs of rosemary, sage, and sage blossoms.
View attachment 1924

That looks damn good. Will definitely have to make some day.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Good luck Dieter the, keep the temp down or the cheese will get too lava-like and runny. And make sure to let them cool off a bit before you bite in or the roof of your mouth will literally melt off and you will be mad at me and every other living thing in your vicinity. Enjoy yourself!

the dream was deferred - we've had tons of nice rain here in the Hill Country -- but now it's underway. Will have picks soon

Cardncub

Rookie
Trons Ultimate Meatgasmloaf

First, back story to this recipe. I was looking for a really good meatloaf recipe to make for dinner one night, I wasn't making it that night, or that week so had time to fine what looked right. I did a search and looked at about 20 different meatloaf recipes, most of them with a 5 star rating. After looking at them all I just decided to kinda combine certain aspects of a bunch of them to try and make something awesome, and I did.

Ingredients-

- 1lbs organic lean/extra lean ground beef
- 1lbs lean ground veal
- 2/3lbs of ground pork(I used 3 links of Italian sausage, just cut the casing and pull out the meat. Sweet italian would be good to)

- 1 very large sweet onion(2 mediums if cant find a really big one) chopped up.
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic(about 1 clove)
- 1 can diced tomatoes(will only use 3/4 of it)
- 1 cup ketchup(I used Heinz Balsamic Ketchup)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of French's french fried onions(put in a bowl and smash however you like till smashed like bread crumbs till you have 1 1/2 - 2 cups of ground french fried onions. This is used instead of traditional bread crumbs.)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 stick of butter, 1/4 stick of butter for later use as well
- teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Parsley
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of pepper(can add more, I only used a little cause step-mom isnt a pepper fan)
- 1 cup of Brown sugar

Step 1- the beginning
1. In a large pan, heat the butter on medium heat till melted
2. Add 3/5 of the chopped onions and cook till near caramelized.
3. Add in 2 tablespoons of Garlic, 2 tablespoons of Parsley, and the 1 teaspoon of thyme. Mix together and once onions are done take off the burner and set aside to cool.

*Start preheating oven to 375.

Step 2- Mixing it all together
1. If you haven't crushed the French's fried onions yet, crush them now
1. In a large bowl put the eggs in and beat them till they are..well...beaten
2. Add in the crushed French's fried onions, the 1/2 cup of cream, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, and the Dijon mustard.
3. Mix all together.
4. Add in the caramelized onions and mix(do not put pan in sink, set aside for future use)
5. Add in the beef, veal and pork and mix well till a nice big blob of meat.
6. Get out a meatloaf pan and stuff the mixture into it as best you can. try and smash it down good so its all one big piece.
7. Get out a baking pan.
*her is where it gets even more exciting!!! Arts and crafts time!!
8. Get out some tinfoil. Now you are to shape it some. You are going to shape it into kind of a shoe box cover shape. You are going to want it to be big enough for the loaf to fit in, but not just barely, you want some room in there. So a little smaller size than the baking pan itself. Make sure the four walls are nice and firm and wont bend easy. Place on baking pan and spray some cooking spray on it.
9. Turn the meatloaf pan upside down in the tin foil(Meatloaf pan is just for shaping, not baking). Will have to shake it some to get the meatloaf to slide out.
10. Once meatloaf is out, center it and stick it all in the oven. Will cook for 1 1/3 hours total.
*You will be taking it out a few times while baking so have some place you are ready to put it.

Step 3- the sauce
1. In the frying pan, add 1/2 cup of ketchup, the remaining onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup of brown sugar and the 3/4 can of diced tomatoes(also add some of the juice inside, about 1/4 - 1/2) and cook at around medium heat, stirring every minute or so.(Add more ketchup if not thick enough and more brown sugar if doesn't taste like enough).
2. After about 5 minutes of that, reduce heat to a nice simmer and mix every few minutes to make sure none of it is burning to the bottom. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.

Step 4- applying sauce
*It's been about 20 minutes since the Meatloaf has gone in the oven at this point.
1. Remove the meatloaf from the oven.
2. Spoon sauce over meatloaf and on the sides till you covered it completely.(don't use all the sauce, just however much is needed to give the meatloaf a nice coating).
3. Put meatloaf back in oven.
4. Turn heat with sauce in it to very low to just keep it warm.

Step 5- removing sauce and liquid
1. After about 30 more minutes(50 total) , remove the meatloaf again.
2. By now a good amount of grease and juices from the meat have seeped out and have filled the tin foil tray. Also some of the sauce has probably slid off as well. Spoon as much of the liquid from the tray into the pan that still has the remaining sauce in it.
3. Put meatloaf back into oven.

Step 6- more sauce stuff
1. Mix the grease and juices and sauce that you spooned out of the tin foil tray with the rest of the remaining sauce.
2. Add in remaining brown sugar(1/4 cup) and the remaining ketchup(1/4 cup)
3. Turn heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, stirring when needed

Step 7- the last adding of sauce
1. After about 15 minutes take the meatloaf out yet again
2. Add another coating of sauce to the loaf
*this will not use up all the sauce, you want a small bowl sized amount leftover, if you don't have hardly any left, just add some more from the step 3, not including onions and tomatoes.
3. If more liquid and sauce has pooled into the tray, spoon out into pan again and mix.
4. Put meatloaf back into oven for the remaining 15 minutes. If sauce hasn't gotten a nice browning to it after 15 minutes, leave in for an additional 5-10 minutes.

Step 8- the last of doing anything with the sauce
1. Meatloaf will be done very soon, make sure the remaining sauce mix is hot and transfer to a small bowl.
2. There will probably be a layer of oil/grease that will pool on top, just use a spoon to remove as much of it as you can.
3. Place it on the table

Step 9- The end!!!!!
1. Remove meatloaf from oven
2. Transfer meatloaf from baking pan to a serving plate
3. Put it on the table
4. Cut a slice and put it on your plate
5. Spoon a bit of the sauce from the bowl over it
6. Eat and enjoy

Well thats it, I am hoping I didn't forget anything, and hope you enjoy it if you try it out. It was really good, surprisingly actually since it was the 2nd time I had ever made meatloaf from scratch.

I made homemade cream cheese garlic mashed potatoes with chives and some corn. Next time will probably make with some mac n' cheese. Make whatever sides you prefer.

Tell me how it came out if you make it please, or if you do anything different that might make it better.

ENJOY!!!

Okay @PhxRam , it's up to you to make it first then I'll come over & try it & take home leftovers. :)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Okay 69SuperBowl
used the Bradley smoker for this, kept things at 200 for about 2 hours - the bacon was from a pig i raised it turned out incredible. everyone thought it was the best ever
* I used Neufchatel cheese and used some left over ground lamb i had instead of the chorizo
somehow i got the nuclear one and everyone else in my family had the mellow ones - my wife caught my reaction so i thought i'd share
great excuse to down beer!!!!
- note vintage Ram cap

Untitled-1.jpg

PhxRam

Okay 69SuperBowl
used the Bradley smoker for this, kept things at 200 for about 2 hours - the bacon was from a pig i raised it turned out incredible. everyone thought it was the best ever
* I used Neufchatel cheese and used some left over ground lamb i had instead of the chorizo
somehow i got the nuclear one and everyone else in my family had the mellow ones - my wife caught my reaction so i thought i'd share
- note vintage Ram cap

View attachment 1935

LMAO.. Great job dude..

69superbowl

Rookie
Okay 69SuperBowl
- note vintage Ram cap

View attachment 1935
Nice work DietertB. That's the lucky ABT face! Those things look great and I'm sure the homemade bacon made it even better. Nice audible with the lamb and cheese. Well done. You can let them go little longer if you want more of that smoke flavor too.

PhxRam

Okay 69SuperBowl
- note vintage Ram cap

View attachment 1935

Lmao.. That face still cracks me up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay 69SuperBowl
- note vintage Ram cap

View attachment 1935

That's friggin awesome! :LOL:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

First, back story to this recipe. I was looking for a really good meatloaf recipe to make for dinner one night, I wasn't making it that night, or that week so had time to fine what looked right. I did a search and looked at about 20 different meatloaf recipes, most of them with a 5 star rating. After looking at them all I just decided to kinda combine certain aspects of a bunch of them to try and make something awesome, and I did.

Ingredients-

- 1lbs lean ground veal
- 2/3lbs of ground pork(I used 3 links of Italian sausage, just cut the casing and pull out the meat. Sweet italian would be good to)

- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of French's french fried onions(put in a bowl and smash however you like till smashed like bread crumbs till you have 1 1/2 - 2 cups of ground french fried onions. This is used instead of traditional bread crumbs.)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of pepper(can add more, I only used a little cause step-mom isnt a pepper fan)
- 1 cup of Brown sugar

Step 1- the beginning
3. Add in 2 tablespoons of Garlic, 2 tablespoons of Parsley, and the 1 teaspoon of thyme. Mix together and once onions are done take off the burner and set aside to cool.

2. Add in the crushed French's fried onions, the 1/2 cup of cream, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, and the Dijon mustard.
3. Mix all together.
4. Add in the caramelized onions and mix(do not put pan in sink, set aside for future use)
6. Get out a meatloaf pan and stuff the mixture into it as best you can. try and smash it down good so its all one big piece.
7. Get out a baking pan.
8. Get out some tinfoil. Now you are to shape it some. You are going to shape it into kind of a shoe box cover shape. You are going to want it to be big enough for the loaf to fit in, but not just barely, you want some room in there. So a little smaller size than the baking pan itself. Make sure the four walls are nice and firm and wont bend easy. Place on baking pan and spray some cooking spray on it.
9. Turn the meatloaf pan upside down in the tin foil(Meatloaf pan is just for shaping, not baking). Will have to shake it some to get the meatloaf to slide out.
10. Once meatloaf is out, center it and stick it all in the oven. Will cook for 1 1/3 hours total.
*You will be taking it out a few times while baking so have some place you are ready to put it.

Step 3- the sauce
1. In the frying pan, add 1/2 cup of ketchup, the remaining onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup of brown sugar and the 3/4 can of diced tomatoes(also add some of the juice inside, about 1/4 - 1/2) and cook at around medium heat, stirring every minute or so.(Add more ketchup if not thick enough and more brown sugar if doesn't taste like enough).
2. After about 5 minutes of that, reduce heat to a nice simmer and mix every few minutes to make sure none of it is burning to the bottom. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.

Step 4- applying sauce
*It's been about 20 minutes since the Meatloaf has gone in the oven at this point.
2. Spoon sauce over meatloaf and on the sides till you covered it completely.(don't use all the sauce, just however much is needed to give the meatloaf a nice coating).

2. By now a good amount of grease and juices from the meat have seeped out and have filled the tin foil tray. Also some of the sauce has probably slid off as well. Spoon as much of the liquid from the tray into the pan that still has the remaining sauce in it.

Step 6- more sauce stuff
1. Mix the grease and juices and sauce that you spooned out of the tin foil tray with the rest of the remaining sauce.

*this will not use up all the sauce, you want a small bowl sized amount leftover, if you don't have hardly any left, just add some more from the step 3, not including onions and tomatoes.
3. If more liquid and sauce has pooled into the tray, spoon out into pan again and mix.
4. Put meatloaf back into oven for the remaining 15 minutes. If sauce hasn't gotten a nice browning to it after 15 minutes, leave in for an additional 5-10 minutes.

1. Meatloaf will be done very soon, make sure the remaining sauce mix is hot and transfer to a small bowl.
2. There will probably be a layer of oil/grease that will pool on top, just use a spoon to remove as much of it as you can.
3. Place it on the table

Step 9- The end!!!!!
3. Put it on the table
6. Eat and enjoy

Well thats it, I am hoping I didn't forget anything, and hope you enjoy it if you try it out. It was really good, surprisingly actually since it was the 2nd time I had ever made meatloaf from scratch.

I made homemade cream cheese garlic mashed potatoes with chives and some corn. Next time will probably make with some mac n' cheese. Make whatever sides you prefer.

Tell me how it came out if you make it please, or if you do anything different that might make it better.

ENJOY!!!

That sounds excellent and SERIOUS MEATLOAF!

RamzFanz

Damnit
OK - I really don't know why I don't do this more often. This was really good. The lamb came out a perfect doneness. Slight seasoning crust on the outside and the Cabernet sauce was a great compliment. Fabulous - if I do say so myself.

So it was pretty simple. I took a huge cast iron skillet and placed EV olive oil, fresh rosemary, sage sprigs, and chopped garlic in it. I had already seasoned my rack of lamb with our Steak Seasoning and let it rest for about a half hour. I heated the pan and placed the racks meat side down in the hot oil and seared for 3 or 4 minutes until crispy and brown on the outside. I then flipped them and seared for a couple more minutes. I had a pre-heated oven waiting (450 degrees) and I went straight into it for about 15 minutes. I pulled the pan and set the racks aside to rest (very important) while I prepared the sauce. All I did was add about 12 oz of decent Cabernet to the pan and scrape down all the solids (garlic, cooked herbs, meat solids, and seasoning) Then I added a pinch of brown sugar and a touch more Steak Seasoning. After about a 20 minute rest, I cut the rack into chops and spooned a little sauce over the chops. There is also a little grilled yellow onion and fresh steamed asparagus on the plate along with a few fresh sprigs of rosemary, sage, and sage blossoms.
View attachment 1924

Wipe the plate donkey!

RamzFanz

Damnit

Ingredients-

- 1lbs lean ground veal

- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of Brown sugar

Step 1- the beginning

3. Mix all together.
7. Get out a baking pan.

Step 3- the sauce

Step 4- applying sauce

Step 6- more sauce stuff

3. Place it on the table

Step 9- The end!!!!!
3. Put it on the table
6. Eat and enjoy

ENJOY!!!

OMG

RamzFanz

Damnit
Is that a good "OMG"? Lol

It sounds delicious but, damn, that's a lot of ingredients and steps for meatloaf! I was expecting to get rick rolled at the end!

Labor of love I suppose.

I do have to say though, just reading about the spooning of the grease back into the sauce made my arteries harden!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It sounds delicious but, damn, that's a lot of ingredients and steps for meatloaf! I was expecting to get rick rolled at the end!

Labor of love I suppose.

I do have to say though, just reading about the spooning of the grease back into the sauce made my arteries harden!

Lmao!!! Yea, took a lot more work than a normal meatloaf thats for damn sure. But the end result was well worth it. Labor of love is correct.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lmao!!! Yea, took a lot more work than a normal meatloaf thats for damn sure. But the end result was well worth it. Labor of love is correct.

I have recipes like that too. Gotta wake up ready but it's all worth it.